Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Frankenstyle posted:

Farsacape was the pinnacle achievement of humanity. That's why is all been downhill since it ended. Our species has served it's purpose in the universe and it's time to accept our fate as we re-watch it while slipping steadily into oblivion, taking comfort in the recognition of a job well done.

has it ever been broadcast over the air out into the universe? if not, we've still got work to do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
Kinda, but best guessimates suggest those signals break down into background noise in about two and a half light years. So I guess we need to bore a wormhole or two before we call it a day. That should end well.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Should build a dyson swarm just to beam 'strayan leather scene scifi into the void.

Jespass
Oct 17, 2012
I'm really enjoying all these blind watches of shows I love, Farscape is my favourite show though, so this thread has me especially stoked. Don't get discouraged by season 1 though, it has some stinkers but Farscape gets better pretty quickly.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Well, since you asked and I wrapped up WFH early today...

P.S. I promised Musluk i'd go at least through season 2. Gonna be hard though, I'm really starting to hope most of these people gently caress off in this show.

S1E12 - The Flax

"AERYN I GOT TIME"

Huh, haven't seen this shuttle before.

Oh good, D'Argo is mad that any other living creature's needs are even slightly impacting him. Shocker.

Oh, that's a neat effect.

Ahaha, yes Pilot! "so sorry"

Okay, this dude is the one who's put the field up.

Well, sort of right.

Yea, see there we go. D'Argo acting all righteous about scavanging and it was only to get map info. Full of poo poo.

This dude's ship is like the low rent version of the TARDIS. Does it run on fire?

D'argo is the type of guy who would spend 5 minutes telling a shop worker that he is very busy and in a huge hurry.

Dude, you can't show someone how to do CPR by doing it to them while they're breathing.

Yes, I can see D'Argo has a job he can do. Hit things.

Maybe don't kill him while he's sitting in a chair? Laying down would be best.

Trust me, it's not going to hurt a bit. I'm fairly certain it's going to hurt.

:cripes: rygel you are so fuckin stupid. Even if you win he's just going to beat it out of you. Oh look, you lost too. So you're double stupid.

You know, I figured she'd have to use CPR on Chriton but I just figured it would because the antidote didn't work. Breaking the vial isn't what I was expecting.

Also, that luxan ship looks like a xenomorph.

Maybe Rygel isn't stupid? I dunno how much I trust it though.

Oh, now D'Argo cares about others.

Wasn't expecting the "we're gonna die so may as well bone" move to come this early with them. And of course it gets interupted, lol!

Well, this is awkward.

Oh, FFS D'Argo, you've had like 3 chances so far of getting home. Why is it NOW there's no chance?

"It'll never happen again" Ohhhhhhh I doubt that.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Finally finished HZD and done with work so I went back to watching FarScape!

that is, after I finished the good place too...

Anyway!

S1E8: "That Old Black Magic" aka 'Geralt was Right'

Oh good, Rygel is dying

Why is Crichton wearing his Jumpsuit?

Oh cool, telly-portation.

Everyone in this planet is a scammer isn't it.

Oh Zhaan, stop flirting.

Crais is still trying to cause more pilot deaths. No guidelines in PK marauder flight school, I guess!

Huh the council's not happy with Crais either.

"I don't have an odor" haha sure Aeryn.

Wtf is that snarling lmao.

A high priest with spiritual powers falling to a wizard? I guess we ARE playing dnd. Also, frankly, the cleric's build sucks.

Why the gently caress isn't rygel self quarantining wtf gently caress that guy

Is that guy yammering about spontaneously casting healing spells vs inflict spells?

Oh god he is serious. That poo poo don't fly in fifth edition bro, get with the times.

"I did everything I could to avoid him!" Bruh, doing nothing doesn't count.

Holy poo poo the amount of scenery chewing. I love it!

:rolleyes: lesser evil conundrum yaaaawn

Oh good more scenery chewing!

Okay I'm in 110% in this red priest's boat if it means causing pain to Rygel, go team clerics goooo! :hahayes:

It won't work! It might work! Let's make it not work by lovely effects!

I still love the fact that John isn't portrayed as an idiot. AHahahah was that a mic drop?!

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ShockedEnchantedGrayfox-mobile.mp4

He did give in to his inner animal though, and of course Crais is whisked away.

Zhaan casts dispel magic on Maldis' protection from mundane weapons and John takes him out with a punch. Really? Just shiv him m8.

Oh shut the gently caress up Rygel. John you're kissing a sick dog.

lmao that neck snap

and we close with a force choke on John, goodie!

What I liked: Zhaan! Doing things! Vague spellcasting! John trying to be the bigger person and failing. We finally got some backstory on Zhaan too. I also enjoy a good scenery chewing, episode didn't disappoint with that.

What I didn't like: Vague spellcasting! The ethical dilemma presented here. Anyone who played a tabletop rpg would groan and roll eyes at the DM paralyzing the fighters of the team and taking them out for most of the session because they dared try to kick down doors, which is literally what the class was designed to do.

Final verdict: 5 Scrolls of Harm out of 10.

E:

CainFortea posted:

S1E8 - That Old Black Magic

"Breaks my heart."

Hope we get a 3rd option here for Zhaan's sake. Aang got one in Avatar, why not Zhaan?

Yeah I hoped that'd show up somewhere, but noooooooooo. Played straight. With magic. Meh.

Musluk fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Aug 20, 2020

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Jespass posted:

I'm really enjoying all these blind watches of shows I love, Farscape is my favourite show though, so this thread has me especially stoked. Don't get discouraged by season 1 though, it has some stinkers but Farscape gets better pretty quickly.

Yeah, but even the stinkers have some great little moments that make them worth watching. I mean the commentary on Jeremiah Chrichton is 87% an apology for how bad the episode is, but Rigel has two or three scenes that are so great in it I could never skip it on a binge watch. I can't imagine one of those Essential Vs. Skip-able lists like you see for stuff like X-Files or TNG because even the gently caress ups are wonderful.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

S1E9: Mad DNA Scientist or ":biotruths:"

We open with oh god eye scream :gonk:

wait are they selling dna to keep moya running? Is this a sperm bank episode?

I like the DNA scientist's stilts. Also calling bs on going beyond double helix. "I have a database, I can correlate data' doesn't work if there's no prior data like with John's. Unless some puppeteers abducted Hyoomans from Erp before.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/PoisedHelplessHarrierhawk-mobile.mp4
BOOP!

Oh he wants the pilot? The only guy who's not a pain in the rear end? Oh and an entire arm?

I'm surprised no one's just told him to swab some dna and clone the pilot himself.

Of course, he has no data about Erp. John's hit hard by this but, wasn't this a long shot?

Wait what

did they really cut off Pilot's arm, or is this a stupid dream sequence? WHAT THE gently caress?!

Of course the dna dude has abominations in his dungeons. Why am I not surprised?

Wait what, Pilot's race is not spacebound? How the gently caress did anyone realize they can bond with Leviathans? What in the gently caress kind of weird accident happen there to cause that?

And why isn't anyone else going nuts about this? I'm gonna be really, really angry if it's a dream sequence. Slightly less mad if it's mind control.

"I'm not entirely useless here, y'know" :laffo:

Poor Aeryn. All alone in a hostile universe.

D'Argo, please stop with the 'females' talk, that way lies stupidity. Speaking of stupidity, of course someone will make a weapon out of it Zhaan, jfc. Nice segue into blooming flowers too btw. Where was your fair compromise when it came to Pilot's arm, Zhaan?

Aeryn wants to find a Sabeaeaeacean colony, eh? As someone who had LASIK done, the entire eye poking part is excessively worrying to me. No, not because it's similar, but because there's no head straps, no proper medical precautions for anything, and the scientist guy just broke some glass shards. OSHA would have a field day in there.

"What am I, chopped mellet?"
"Of course not, I can stomach chopped mellet."
"Blue assed bitch

*sigh* did we need that?

Surprise, surprise, the map's hosed, only one of them can go home. Surprising literally no one, Rygel grabs the map and runs away, but not before Pilot gets a sick burn in.

Aeryn's not looking so hot, and John's not helping with getting in her face. I'm with Aeryn on this one, frell you John.

Meanwhile Rygel's doing Rygel things. He's the only one I actually can't fault for acting like this, though.

"I turned my pain receptors to pleasure, please, push harder..." ew.

And here comes the reveal. Pilot DNA grafted on Aeryn, just because she didn't want to get left behind. :(

Zhaan, ew. Even as a classic ploy, ew. No, going back to your homeplanet is not flirting with Rygel, have some standards girl.

Of course the scientist guy has force powers to push people around. Of course. And pull. And force healing. His healing powers are so strong he can even mend the gear he's wearing. :rolleyes: I like that Aeryn did actually get to shot him though.

Rygel's doing Rygel things, again. Y'know, for once, I'm rooting for the disgusting fleabag.

Quantum Genetics is a real thing. Application of quantum mechanics in biology, though, like absorbing light and making energy or cellular respiration. Once again just adding quantum as a prefix isn't what you want, sci fi writers.

Of course the stilt guy wants to gently caress our crew over repeatedly, so the data crystal is a virus that'll erase Moya's memory on top of the previous gently caress up. Of course. Like, at this point, why not just capture them? Why gently caress around?

Of course the crystal is shattered with a classic slow motion shot.

"If you come to attack me again, I'll simply kill you." Why didn't you do this from the start?

'Evolution is the road towards perfection' BZZT wrong. Evolution is loving dumb, bruh. Otherwise we'd have better peripheral sight, less spinal/knee issues and so on and so forth. Jesus this is wrong enough to pull me out of the suspension of disbelief. In a second someone's going to mention Mengele and ooops, there it is.

And of course NamTar is a goblin-mouse-skaven thing. We, humanity, have killed 10 to 100 million mice in 2015 in the states alone for tests, that NamTar (ratman, hiyooo) guy should feel loving lucky for not being pureed.

And we end as we began, poking people in the eyeballs in a definitely not sanitary environment.

Aw, John's being more thoughtful after the ordeal. At least that's nice.

D'Argo tries to at least apologize by spending time with the Pilot (who is stuck to the chair and actually can NOT escape thi situation mind, but hey at least he's trying) meanwhile Zhaan gets away with the arm choppin' just fine.

What I liked: The head of the NamTar guy was animatronics, that was impressive. Weirdly enough, I also liked Rygel. Yes, I know, I'm going to probate myself over this. John not giving up was nice, buuut...

What I didn't like: The convoluted way of NamTar getting DNA samples. The premise fails from the start - everyone is on the asteroid, just knock them out, clone them, then sell them bogus data - say, a year's travel to get to the closes homeworld. Just be loving gone the minute they leave the vicinity, never to be found again. Gloat over your test subjects that you alrady have in the asteroid, get up to mad scientist shenanigans with the DNA you alrady have. Why risk everything twice? Or say, you really want the pilot's arm? Get it, then let the idiots run away so they won't gently caress up your experiments. Add the 'science' in this and urgh.

Final verdict: 2 naked lab rats out of 10.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Wait why would liking Rygel warrant a probe, Rygel's great.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Tulip posted:

Wait why would liking Rygel warrant a probe, Rygel's great.

Rygel is Bezos with less empathy.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

CainFortea posted:

Rygel is Bezos with less empathy.

Yeah but the point is you get to see him embarrassed and humiliated constantly.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Rygel is a terrible person and a great character.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I find nothing engaging about "spoiled rich rear end in a top hat gets hosed by spoiled rich family member and is a raging rear end in a top hat to everyone around him."

The show would be 100% improved by having a puppet guillotine applied to him and then never showing up again.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

I too would just like to live long enough to be there when they cut off Rygel's head and stick it on a pike as a warning for the next ten generations, sure, but we need to get there.

I enjoy disliking Rygel too much to lose him right now, to be honest. He is indeed a terrible person and a great character.

The probe is obviously a joke though, it's me shitposting in leper's colony. A meta level of shitposting, if you will.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

For the last 72 hours I've been trying and failing to find the words to express how I feel about this (more directed at CainFortea). It's like someone said Battlestar Galactica would be improved by removing Gaius Baltar, or Babylon 5 by removing Londo. They're fascinatingly detestable characters, sold well by the actors, and yeah they're the kind of characters you hate, but you love to hate them, and I'm at a loss to understand your perspective.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Both Londo and Baltar are tales of tragedies. They aren't just assholes with little to no use who enjoy pissing in people's wheaties for fun.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

hello OP nice thread and in your OP you forgot my highly acclaimed, and also dead but still postable, farscape thread here in SciFi WiFi, which has been nominated for several awards including "First Farscape Thread in SciFi WiFi From When it was a Star Wars RSF"
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3912067

Thanks and may the goddess keep you, i will start following this thread because i love farscape.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

I've also been going through this, knowing very little about it.

My short reviews of what I've seen so far (up to episode 12). I watched the initial handful of episodes a while back so my memory of them is not as great.

E01 - Through the Eye of the Needle

A fun introduction to our trapped astronaut and the various characters. The show immediately throws a lot at the viewer - a living spaceship, prisoners on the run, the Peacekeepers, Crais... overall, a cool setup.

E02 - I, E.T.

You know, when I saw this, I thought the twist would be "It's future Earth!". Nope, we just happened to find a planet that looks exactly like Earth and has people that have not properly advanced to spacefaring technology, just like current Earth. And Crichton just happens to find the one farm where a lady obsessed with finding UFOs lives.

This doesn't advance the plot and serves as a rather terrible second episode, except perhaps sligthly fleshing out the early relationships of the crew. The B plot aboard Moya was super forgettable.

E03 - Exodus from Genesis

Oh no, clones! So the ship gets invaded by a swarm of space bugs, who establish a spawning colony. I liked that idea. Also introduces more details about the Peacekeepers and Aeryn in particular.

E04 - Throne for a Loss

Rygel gets kidnapped and is unfortunately not left for dead. Aeryn, D'argo and Crichton all take turns getting addicted to the gauntlet space drugs. I don't remember much else. A little more solidarity among the crew, maybe? Oh, right, Zhaan tries to convince one of the kidnappers in a drug use PSA.

E05 - Back and Back and Back to the Future

Crichton gets 'unstuck' in time and witnesses the deaths of his shipmates (and ship) over and over. He gets very loopy towards the end of it. Meanwhile, D'argo is being brainwashed by an assassin in disguise. I liked this episode.

E06 - Thank God it's Friday, Again

Ah, the brainwashing planet. I thought this episode was pretty good and probably one of the better ones so far. Very odd that they talk about the entire population of the planet being enslaved but we see only one small megastructure, I guess that's the capital that also doubles as a giant storage depot? Crichton sure likes to use the word "shanghai". I did like the late revelation about the mysterious invaders-slash-enslavers being Peacekeepers, but then it got kinda downplayed towards the end. But at least it does establish that the Peacekepeers are, indeed, Very Evil. I wonder if the leader lady was an inspiration for The Merovingian in the Matrix?

E07 - PK Tech Girl

Those firebreathing lizard scavengers were very fun. "Evran!" Yet another ho-hum Rygel subplot. Crichton meets a lady that he immediately falls in love with (and vice versa) but has to let go - I dunno, maybe this will become important later on but it felt a bit forced to me. Also, Aeryn goes full badass but she's secretly a little bit into Crichton.

E08 - That Old Black Magic

The viewer is immediately pulled in by having a street performer come up to Crichton and tell him things only he could know. Then his mind gets transported to some realm where a nice, old sorcerer claims to know about Earth and promises to help him by setting up a meeting with Crais. Crais! The guy from the first episode that's supposedly been hunting Moya off-screen for 6 episodes!

Oh. Yeah, it's a trap and the friendly sorcerer is actually an evil space vampire that forces the two men into a death duel while leeching off their life force. It's a pretty crazy episode, I loved it. We also learn about Zhaan's less 'peaceful' side, as she clearly demonstrates lethal psychic powers.

E09 - DNA Mad Scientist

This episode fell rather flat for me. It opens with most of the crew giving their DNA samples to some creepy scientist (whose name is "Ratman" backwards), so he can create maps to their homeworlds. Then he asks for one of Pilot's arms as payment... and the crew barely blink before agreeing and serving it up. Then something-something he double-crosses the crew and injects Aeryn with Pilot's DNA that's causes her to mutate, because she also wanted to undergo the DNA extraction process to find a Sebacean colony. They fix things in the end. Overall I didn't like it much.

E10 - They've Got a Secret

Surprise, these living spaceships can get pregnant. I'm sure that has all sorts of weird implications. This felt like a bottle episode, but it did give some crucial character development to D'argo, which was nice.

E11 - Till the Blood Runs Clear

Crichton attempts to create and chase another wormhole, but fails and has get his shuttle repaired. This then evolves into shenanigans where he pretends to be Butch Cassidy, bounty hunter, because Crais has put out bounty hologram ads. Yes, Crais is mentioned again, barely.

E12 - Rhapsody in Blue

Zhaan-focused episode, mostly, where we learn more about her culture and... Delvian madness? Something about her getting tricked into transferring her 'mind techniques' to another Delvian priestess. Crichton also experiences memories about his girlfriend back on Earth, who he very nearly proposed to. In the end, Zhaan and Crichton do a mind unity thing and Zhaan levels up from nine to ten, but immediately after that she renounces her place in the priesthood. It's a pretty strange episode.

Overall I'm enjoying this far more than I expected. Looking forward to watching the rest of the first season!

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

S1E12 - Rhapsody in Blue

"So what now? Kill me, cage me, teach me tricks?"

Chriton having horny dreams apparentyl. Wait, is this the PK Tech girl? Oh, some kind of flashback I guess.

Don't encourage Rygel Chriton.

It's a trap don't get involved (they're going to get involved)

That looks like a weird penis jellyfish. It doesn't look very tasty. I could be wrong though.

Zhaan, don't be tempted by powers promised by someone who has just admitted that they're going insane.

Rygel, why the gently caress would D'argo care if you like the food. Also, I really doubt your dream was better than anyone's.

I like the look and the music in this temple tho.

Tahleen bein a condecending rear end here. "Even below a level 1"

Oh drat, was not expecting Zhaan to love the man she killed. I'm assuming he hosed up a bunch of other people and she had to kill him. Oh, they brought in the PKs.

Jeeze D'Argo, i'm sure Rygel will come running if you're in trouble.

Of course she betrayed you Zhaan.

Zhaan didn't keep any back you idiot. You're just a nutter rear end in a top hat.

I really want one of these lamps that bubbles what i'm assuming is propane. That's cool as hell.

Zhaan looks bluer than normal too.

Chriton, she's never even seen a chicken.

That was cool. Chriton was like a backup gig stick for Zhaan's coolness.

What the poo poo, why is a giant space ship rumbling cause a root got hosed up? Oh, that's not answered. just kinda end the episode.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

I LIVE. Jeez this week was something else.

FarScape S1E10 'They've got a secret' aka "STD: Space Transmitted Disease/What if we can't get it up again"

Droid work, D'Argo, really? You'll take the two you're given and you'll like it. You senseless fucks chopped off Pilot's arm, be glad he's even talking to you. Of course he goes for the 'destroy the scenery' route.

Oh look, a slip and slide. Now even more slippery and slid...oh wait, did Moya just poo poo out D'Argo? lmao. Hoping for Rygel next.

Oh look the barely-holding-one-person Prowler is bringing in D'Argo. John tries to restart the lungs with Kirk double fists, which *have* worked before on D'Argo, but no, apparently not this time.

Hm, Pilot's being cagey.

Horses are dumb loving animals that can't wait to die on you, but yeah I guess it can be defined that way, though I'd probably say dogs first. Size isn't the only thing that matters, John.

Di...did that DRD just pee on Aeryn? Oh it's peeing glue. Well, at least it's off now.

A virus, eh? Well, weird it jumped between wildly different species, but aight.

Uh D'Argo? You ok? Well I guess he's this week's 'scape member who trips thru entire episode.

Another note on Sabeaeaeaecaeans being born and bred on ships. That will play havoc with immune systems indeed.

Well, not surprised we'd have an airborne virus episode, COVID isn't entirely a new thing. John and Aeryn's talk about ecosystems and suffering and balance is interesting though.

Well now that's creepy, those DRD's. And aww, poor Pilot' out. Aeryn seems to be handling things at least better than everyone else on his console though. Yay continuity. Though it seems Pilot is even bigger than he looks, what with tendrils all over the ship.

Aaaand here's Rygel the Piece of poo poo, Shitstaineeth of His Kind. And D'Argo thinks he's his son. And what was that about 'can't tell us what we think'? Hmmm.

Communicating with Moya? No one tried this, ever? And it's not a virus, but Moya particulates? Ehhh?

D'Argo's awakened a bit to blabber about PK equipment, but not for long. Speaking of PK equipment, John really wants to find what it was, but only ends up fighting ALL OF THE DRD'S EVER.

Wait, it's not just D'Argo that's trippin', it's Moya too. Speaking of D'Argo, it must be really weird to kiss with all that make-up involved, not to mention the plastic nose. Aight I have to come forward and say this, the plastic nose is taking me out of Farscape in most scenes. Why oh why they went with a prop like that? Anthony Simcoe seems to have a good enough nose and other props are *very* good, but dear GOD that nose. Aaanyway.

Oh so John's plan is to insult D'Argo's dead wife? Bold strategy, Cotton. Seems to have worked though, altough RIP D'Argo's wife. And possibly son.

:pwn:

Feels like they really did a bad job with Jothee's make up, blargh.

Wait, cut connections from Moya's brain to the ship? Permanently? Wtf Crichton? Well at least he's wearing a space suit, so he's expecting poo poo to go from bad to worse.

Oh.
Oooooh.

Moya's pregnant.

And Peace Keepers prevented that. Well, I guess removing it is in everyone's best interest in this universe. Also, awwww.

In the end, Aeryn is finally breaking thru the PK brainwashing.

What I liked: Well, basically everything. Backstory, continuity, people acting (mostly) as their characters would do... The whole crew had to put out fires (aka symptoms) before being able to deal with the problem, and once they did have the time, it got solved peacefully. A few snags, however...

What I didn't like: John immediately going for, well, putting Moya into a coma irreversibly. And all that crock about 'it's a team decision, yes do it' without anyone saying anything. I guess I kinda expected a Star Trek dilemma there.

Final Verdict: 8 Babies on Board out of 10.

e:

CainFortea posted:

S1E10 - They've got a Secret

Chriton loving answer the radio.

Adding that to the things I didn't like pile.

Musluk fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Sep 6, 2020

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Farscape S1E11 "Till the Blood Runs Clear" aka "irritating, stubborn, obnoxious, simpleton, a dolt, idiot, moron..."

Huh, I thought it was the prowler, but no, it's John's shuttle. If it was a solo flight, why is there a 2nd flight console? poo poo's expensive to put into orbit people! At least, for us.

I'm sure the planet's shadow is going to be important later on. (Editor's note: No, lol)

Zhaan's a plant/cat hybrid, confirmed.

Wait, John, are you trying to re-do it as an experiment without getting Aeryn's consent? WHAT THE gently caress?!

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/DeadlyOrnateBellfrog-mobile.mp4

pretty

Wait a second Aeryn, you guys didn't know what the gently caress wormholes are in the pilot, and now you're calling it unstable? :thunk: And of course he goes full Highway Hipnosis. The only thing missing is the Kubrick smile.

Rygel the Shitstain shows himself. gently caress you, Rygel.

Photogasm, really? REALLY?

John, he can't loving read your lips, translation is done by bugs, remember?

Wait, Rygel was actually doing something? And John still can't remember people's names? For FUCKS sake John. Also lol let's gently caress over an entire planet while avoiding Moya with plasma leaks. And D'Argo, luv, who the gently caress are you to forbid anything? Y'know, you deserve Rygel.

"You were ready to jump into it"
"No, no I was not, I could see it wasn't stable"

Don't loving lie John. Jesus H. Tapdancing Christ.

So it'll be gone by the time repairs are done. Y'know, solar flares aren't *that* rare, why do you have to do it here? Get the shuttle fixed, get more data, say your goodbyes and be gone WITHOUT ENDANGERING OTHER CREW, jfc.

oh hi crais

*sick guitar riff*
Enter aliens!

Okay time out
time
out

what the gently caress?

Butch and Sundance :lmao: Who's playing Etta then, Rygel?

Rorf? Scraping the bottom of the barrel here aren't we.

That bounty belongs to me! *exit with sick guitar riff*

70-30! 70-40! 80-40!!!! :rolleyes:

Oh here we go, Alpha Male bullshit. There aren't a rolleyes emoji big enough.

Crais has plans within plans doesn't he?

"Hey, you're not taking him seriously are you?"
*OVER THE loving TOP dramatic turn around* "I always take him seriously."

Like, look at this:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/TangibleSelfreliantGoldenmantledgroundsquirrel-mobile.mp4 https://thumbs.gfycat.com/AbsoluteFalseClam-mobile.mp4

same energy.

I like the helmet design.

Woo, even more 'strayan butt rock. And D'Argo getting immediately captured, of course, of course. Naturally.

So the mechanic lady knows about wormholes. Everyone else, including the entire Peace Keepers don't, but this lady does? :thunk:

Ah an interrogation scene with John bluffing. Guess punching D'Argo is cathartic.

Huh, snake eyes dude isn't working for the shifty mechanic? Iiinterdasting. Altough, the over-the-top punch effects are definitely taking me out of the scene. You go, shifty mechanic. Wait, dead? Boo.

Zhaan isn't going to be doing anything in this episode again, isn't she. :sigh: Except I guess harrassing Rygel. Wait she's actually on the planet.

Right, go on, carry on, announce to the entire planet she's an ex PK. Bloody brilliant.

Zhaan... *sigh* It's one of those episodes eh.

D'Argo and John are like hot and they're cold, they're yes and then they're no, they fight they break up, they kiss shake they make up. Or something.

The shootout scene isn't half bad, neither is Aeryn's idea. Wonder what she promised to the weird mechanic lady for it. And Zhaan finally shows up. All that Photogasming and Aeryn's the one that's blind? :haw:

So Aeryn knew it was bogus and now there's some debts to settle. Which is what Crichton gathered from the wormhole. Eh, there's other suns, other flares, other ex-peacekeeper pilots to kidnap.

Wait a sec, how are they going to get back up with just the shuttle? That thing needs an entire solid rocket boosting system to get to Low Earth Orbit. Maybe they'll tow it with the prowler.

What I liked: I liked D'Argo's helmet design...? Oh and Rygel wasn't that bad. Some continuity too, yaaay, for all the good it does.
Whatever else: Everyone except Aeryn was either useless or outright stupid this episode. Good loving job John, you tried to kidnap Aeryn, to doom her to either a lab rat existence or worse. Zhaan got bit by the Horny Sun, Rygel... wasn't too bad, D'Argo doesn't understand duplicity in tactics... bleh.

The alpha thing got debunked after this episode was written (and people still talk about that in canines), so I can cut some slack to that, but I don't buy John intimidating the two aliens for that long, or Aeryn not getting cagey about the 'repairs' earlier etc etc. The stupidity of the bounty hunters cheapened the resolution of conflict between John and D'Argo for me.

Total Verdict: 4 Wormholes out of 10.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Musluk posted:

Wait a sec, how are they going to get back up with just the shuttle? That thing needs an entire solid rocket boosting system to get to Low Earth Orbit. Maybe they'll tow it with the prowler.

John has refit his module with the same drive tech as Moya's shuttles so it's now a proper spaceship. FTL Hetch drive and everything.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

8one6 posted:

John has refit his module with the same drive tech as Moya's shuttles so it's now a proper spaceship. FTL Hetch drive and everything.

Huh, you're right, they did babble about adding Moya parts. I wonder if that hurts Moya.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Musluk posted:

Huh, you're right, they did babble about adding Moya parts. I wonder if that hurts Moya.

I have to assume he stripped them off one of the shuttles.

I guess this is a spoiler but not really

Leviathans grow their shuttles (and DRDs) so I have to assume it wasn't something that would hurt Moya or leave them down a shuttle or anything.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

S1E14 Jeremiah Chriton

"Rokon, you don't need a map to get home"

Before I even start the thumbnail for this episode makes Chriton kind of look like the cheap knockoff Ryan Reynolds.

Chriton goin for the jugular on Zhaan.

That beard is so wildly fake. I love it. He's also gone full Professor on Giligan's Island. I like it. He also wasted no time it seems.

Wait. What the poo poo is D'Argo doing being the compassionate one? And Acknowledging they were being assholes?

Ahaha, Chriton puts on a vest to blend in.

Man, Rokon's mom is a huge rear end in a top hat.

Why is Rygel even going down to a planet? He's fuckin useless.

Ah, a power drain drag on his floating chair. I think Chriton's chemical rockets are going to be the way they get off the planet.

Now Aeryn is throwing shade at Zhaan's choice. I wonder why everyone is so mad about it.

Now D'Argo has to play nice with the villagers. Oh, nope, they're getting ambushed.

Oh fuckin hell they are going to revere Rygel aren't they. Fuckin hell. Yup, this is as painful to watch as I thought it would be.

Wait, the text actually *IS* hynerian? So is this a lost hynerian colony or not?

Chriton, just saying "Your religion is wrong" has literally NEVER worked. What the poo poo were you thinking?

I can see why people got rid of Rygel. He's loving poo poo at public speaking.

Why the hell is Rygel the one being moral here? And he's being nice. This is really weird.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

CainFortea posted:

S1E14 Jeremiah Chriton

The DVD commentary for this episode is fantastic. Basically no one was happy with this episode

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

S1E15 - Durka Returns

"You want us to throw her off the boat?"
"Ask me tomorrow"

Unfortunately my original post got lost when I got logged out for some reason, so i'm going to try to remember some high points

Of course Rygel tries to kill dhurka and fails because he's a failure of a being.

When someone asks "What was her crime" and you say "Don't worry about it" you have just 100% guaranteed I'm going to worry about it, compounded by me watching you torture someone with your brain implant thingy.

Threatening to kill Rygel is a poor move, don't threaten me with a good time.

I'm still not sure who killed Silas.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

So, uh, y’all still watching Farscape?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Trevor Hale posted:

So, uh, y’all still watching Farscape?

I'm still doin it, just slowed down a bit cause of my DS9 competition which should be wrapping up soon.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

S1E16 - A Human Reaction

Chriton getting all emo and poetic. Yes, Pilot is the captain. That's how it works.

I'm honestly surprised no one like, poisoned him or broke his ship to keep him there. Just to be dicks. Where did these caring friends come from? lol.

Hmm, space man gets lost and comes home on a beach. I'm waiting for the statue of liberty hand to be visible.

Welcome home john!

I figured they'd give him static on return but this is a bit much.

Finally Rygel is dead! Actually Aeryn, i'm fairly certain peacekeepers would kill their enemies to study them. They'd kill them to make a hat out of them.

Trying to figure out if this is some kind of time loop from the wormhole, alternate earth, some kind of mind game from a huge powerful being.

Also, nice to see Aeryn with good trigger control.

I don't think now is time for horny. I'm now leaning more towards mind games from some kind of super being.

Why does a safehouse with Chriton's dad have women's clothing that fits Aeryn?

Ah, the dad is the alien being. I thought it would be him or Wilson.

Oh, wow, pulling dad's chest off was creepy af. nice.

Having plasma balls as eyeballs is dope as gently caress and that alien design is rad.

Pretty good episode, really had me going until rygel was dead. I knew there was no way I was lucky enough for that to be real so that kind of gave it away.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

S1E17 Through the Looking Glass

(As I still can't sit and type while watching this isn't going to be one of my play by play posts.)

Again we start off with half the crew ready to yeet any other member if they so much as slightly bother them at the drop of a hat, and then they're all one big happy family at the end.

The monster bit was interesting.

S1E18 A Bug's Life

loving D'argo whining again about having to sneak with the peacekeepers. I wondered why they never tried to pass Chriton off as a peacekeeper sooner.

I like how everyone blames Chriton when the only reason the plan didn't work is because Rygel and New Girl went spelunking and found an intelligent virus instead. And lol that New Girl seems to be the only one really concerned about Chriton's feelings about having killed that lady.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Did you ever make it to the end of the season

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Yes, I did, I thought I already posted about it. I'll whip something up after pfizer shot 2 is done kicking my butt.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

CainFortea posted:

Yes, I did, I thought I already posted about it. I'll whip something up after pfizer shot 2 is done kicking my butt.

Farscape is a kind of fever dream, really

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

gently caress it. I'm not rewatching those last episodes, they were terrible and I don't want to go through that pain again.

So here we go starting season 2.

S2E01 - Mind the Baby

Yea D'argo, we got that you thought you were dead.

Talyn is a great name D'Argo.

Pilot, they don't care about Chriton, Aeryn, or D'argo. .

Why does leather daddy have glowy tube head implants?

Chriton they will never ever trust you.

Oh wow, Crais is backstabbing everyone what a shock.

lol, "Your frogness"

D'argo playing Rock Paper Scissors with himself is pretty rad.

Chriton, threatening Crais, a man you've fought and let live like 20 times, is not believable.

Poor Talyn, a child soldier. :(

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

CainFortea posted:

gently caress it. I'm not rewatching those last episodes, they were terrible and I don't want to go through that pain again.

So here we go starting season 2.

Welcome back!

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Hell yeah this is where poo poo gets good

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

S2 E02
Vitas Mortis

I like how everyone's busted out the new wardrobe. And Chriton has gone into his goth phase.

Silence of the Lambs has made everyone think Chianti is the best pairing with eating a sentient being.

This lady stole Moya's life using D'Argo it seems.

"Nearly unheard of.." instantly happens.

Oh, well at least Rygel is being useful for once.

She's an Orican, not an Orican't.

This is by far the slowest gun shot in history.

She says she's not afraid anymore, but i'm not sure I believe her.

Guess she really was ready to die.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

CainFortea posted:

S2 E02
Vitas Mortis

I like how everyone's busted out the new wardrobe. And Chriton has gone into his goth phase.

Yes. oh yes.
By far the best part of farscape imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

CainFortea posted:

Justice for Gilina