Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
THE FINAL TALLY

This episode felt like it needed time to breath. I can't help but feel like this would be a pretty good episode if it had been a trek length 44 minute episode instead of a twenty two minute cartoon. As is it feels kinda so-so to me.

I award this episode SIX STAR TREKS OUT OF TEN

Still Zero laughs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

i'm actually kind of hopeful that it will blossom into a good series, a lot of good shows started off with a mediocre first few episodes, with any luck they're just establishing a baseline for the characters then they can start flexing that creative muscle

this is a 100% serious post, I still hope for good things

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell
oh wow, the captain's daughter the cynic is right about everything again, basically the first episode all over again

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

reignofevil posted:

THE FINAL TALLY

This episode felt like it needed time to breath. I can't help but feel like this would be a pretty good episode if it had been a trek length 44 minute episode instead of a twenty two minute cartoon. As is it feels kinda so-so to me.

I award this episode SIX STAR TREKS OUT OF TEN

Still Zero laughs.

studies show that people are more susceptible to laugh in groups, maybe you should watch with a group of friends or have someone dub in a laugh track for you

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
This show is terrible.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

oh wow, the captain's daughter the cynic is right about everything again, basically the first episode all over again

Well, that's a bad sign for a Trek show. I'm not up for the reflexism cynicism of adult animation mixing into Trek.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
did anyone say "MORE LIKE LOWER DRECKS, AMIRITE?" yet?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Arrhythmia posted:

More like lower dreck

lol damnit

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Sally posted:

lol damnit

The gently caress are you doing here? You don't even like Star Trek.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
Amazon uploaded the second episode again so now I gotta wait for lower deck action.

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

nine-gear crow posted:

Isn't that exactly who they are going for with the new shows?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

pyrotek posted:

Isn't that exactly who they are going for with the new shows?

:thejoke:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

nine-gear crow posted:

i like star trek well enough--TOS and DS9 are great! youre just saying that because i didnt want to watch Picard!

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

I'm glad I Darmok McBain at least

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Star Trek: Lower Decks Episode 3 - Temporal Edict

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Today we're playing rock and roll in space.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
So there's a historic once in a lifetime peace summit but our cast isn't going. They were supposed to be there but the summit has been moved from Cardassia Prime vulcan because the Cardashians are freaking everybody out.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Instead now we're gonna go deliver some trinkets to somebody.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Lower decks crew are all drinking together, things are good on the ship... But the captain... She's pissed and is looking for anyone to explode at!

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
The lower decks crew are enjoying "buffer time" which is basically what you do when you tell the captain it's gonna take longer than it really will so as to look better when you come in under time. But purple hair accidentally lets this secret technique slip to the captain.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
The captain institutes strict scheduling. It's destroying the crew.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Purple hair is thriving in this new management hell.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I think lady ensign having rolled up sleeves is a nice touch. It's a good character design decision because it keeps her distinct from the other members of the crew and they use it in the plot of this episode to reinforce the divide between leadership on the ship and the lower decks.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Everybody is tired and miserable back on the ship. The captain even is tired and miserable but she'd have to admit that sometimes the crew needs breaks in order to end the scheduling clock but she's never gonna do that!

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

They wanted to show battle damage on our main character and also keep the design consistent so they just tore off a little bit of the sleeve that was usually rolled up. A good choice imo.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
So basically, the federation pissed off these crystal loving aliens. Now the away team is all captured and there's gonna be trial by combat or some people are getting squished.

Lady ensign and away team dude (upper decker) are both gung ho trial by combat types so when the opportunity comes up they fight over who gets to go fight the fifteen foot tall murder alien in the arena.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Purple hair finds out the bridge crew are also on the strict scheduling system. He points out that's a bad idea.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Lady ensign is taking her clothes off for the second time in three episodes.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
This is so she can show off her scars from cool rear end thunderdome fights. She's the more experienced fighter between herself and away team guy.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

reignofevil posted:

This is so she can show off her scars from cool rear end thunderdome fights. She's the more experienced fighter between herself and away team guy.

So away team guy calmly stabs her in the foot.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Oh no Mariner (lady ensign) can't help but be attracted to away team dude and his sexy abs and his lust for killing things with his bare hands. And I guess she's into being stabbed or something.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Anyway the power of not needing to multitask gives the crew of the ship the strength they need to defeat the invading crystal loving aliens and to stop their graffiti-ing and their vandalism.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
away team guy wins the fight and then picks up Mariner in his arms and walks away with her

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Now that his career could be in jeopardy away team guy is expecting to be fired for stabbing a member of his crew in the foot. But Mariner isn't gonna file a report.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Also away team guy promptly has Mariner hauled away because her sleeves weren't rolled down during the mission.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
"Next time I'm gonna let somebody kill you! I'm gonna dance in your blood!"

-Mariner gets hauled off to her favorite place. The brig.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Away team guy wants us to know he finds all of this kinda hot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
The captain makes a rule saying you can occasionally break the rules and names it after purple hair.