Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

the most important thing about Amaurot is there's a sidequest where a dude gives us poo poo about our terrible glamours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

we don't need to worry about zenos next expansion because he's going to spend most of it looking at the market board for weapons while he levels up

also when we fight him 2 levels before the cap he's wearing that hawaiian shirt glam

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Zeron posted:

He didn't want to. He wanted a big climatic battle where he raised all the forces of good and powered himself up to max so that he could fight and win against the ultimate evil (you).

well he did most of that, all of that in a few of my groups

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I just want to point out that both the dwarves and the ancient dudes that sound like charlie brown teachers have the power to create amazing things and also get pissy if you wear anything non-standardized

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

rod and tod except one of them is dangerously violent

the outfits were actually what they made you wear at sharlayan community college for hazing but they didn't have the social skills necessary to understand what was going on so they just kept wearing it for several years post-graduation

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

jalapeno_dude posted:

They literally agree to do this for the pixies in the ShB MSQ several times though?

everything they do with the pixies is under enormous duress

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I hope the last leg of the Neir raid pulls more from Neir OG. We've had one whole raid of Machine Lifeform tech, one whole one of Yorha poo poo. Give me some Shades.

Or a bunch of those AI ghosts that look like Manah.

last nier raid is just the automata hacking minigame except 24 people at once, please look forward to it

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

next expansion timeskip except alphinaud rolls up to the crew 3 feet taller with tree trunk arms, an enormous beard and the same voice

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

zodiark is just biding his time until he can buy a house without having to camp in front of the plot for 12 hours first so he has a place to put all the beds his retainers keep stealing

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

they probably went the summon-a-god route for Hydaelyn because it was quickest, the design work was already done they just needed aether and to turn down the sacrifice dial a notch or two

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

i'd count asahi as evil

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

that fistfight at the end was extremely fitting because i'm playing a sage and if i'm out of mana my autoattacks are punches

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Valentin posted:

rewatching ShB cutscenes in the runup to endwalker, I realized that something neat is that Urianger is the only member of the Scions who is still, literally moments before taking a dark magic crystal to the gut, trying to talk Emet-Selch into seeing their common cause at the end. louisoix has one true living disciple and it's no one named leveilleur. :colbert:

urianger is one of those characters that manages to develop from "forgettable quest giver with a bad outfit" to "goddamn spectacular with a spectacularly bad outfit" in ways I didn't think possible, despite wearing his shirt backwards for 2 expansions so far

most of the scions played out like this, like the best way I can describe early alphinaud is "irritating" and early alisae (like, during coils) is "wow this new alphinaud voice actor sounds like a lady"

edit:

Valentin posted:

e: goddammit quote is not edit.

anyways congrats to urianger for getting his "I'm a cool and deep character" expansion, and hoping that despite the Scions disbanding, yshtola may one day be allowed to have an arc. The disparity in focus among the Scions is always very interesting to me, and I'm really curious what prompted them to go "okay, it's urianger's time now" (aside from him having increased fan appreciation after he Got Hot in the first.)

yshtola can only have an arc when she gets closer to using up all her 9 lives, I think she's down to 7 but there might be a few noble sacrifices that happened before the events of ARR

blatman fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Dec 17, 2021

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Cleretic posted:

Honestly, happens a lot around FFXIV. The main hurdle when saying you don't like something it does is 'yeah, I get it, I just don't like it'. The fact characters are kinda complex means people's first assumption on hearing dislike is misunderstanding them.

I had that problem around Emet-Selch in Shadowbringers. So many people trying to explain him to me, so many people who got 'yes, I understand the idea, I just think he sucks'.

emet-selch requires too much suspension of disbelief, i'm fine with the dimension hopping and the godslaying and whatnot but I refuse to believe hythlodaeus could put up with his poo poo as long as he did

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Itzena posted:

Would unironically want to play through this storyline.

there's a lot of interesting storylines they could go with now that everyone is off doing their own thing - they could make an entire expansion about getting the gang back together from all across the globe for one last fight

which means next expansion is literally just the blues brothers

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Lord_Magmar posted:

Erenville is so good, I want him to become a permanent part of future adventuring. He even already basically does the job of a state-licensed paid adventurer for Old Sharlayan.

it never occurred to me that nerd wizard island has their own adventurer's guild until I read your post but lol that the customs agent at the start gets so lovely about the wol's job title being "adventurer" when they have their own off-brand adventurers

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

TGLT posted:

You pick up random trash to turn in for gil, I pick up random trash to preserve Etheirys. We are not the same.

yes but have you considered how i pierced the heavens and punched the depression out of a bird until the universe was saved

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I don't know if ffxiv is the leftist mmorpg but I do know that out of all the scions, tataru would be most likely to have a shitload of bitcoins

she would have bought in at like $2 each and has been slowly selling them off to pay for the expenses incurred in tracking down estinien any time he wanders slightly out of line of sight

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

ImpAtom posted:

So have they mentioned anything about balance changes? Usually we get a few relatively quickly but I can't think of anything that's been pointed out as being egregiously off-balance in EW. Everything feels really good.

I kind of expect potency increases for sage heals because there's a lot of people complaining about that right now (or there was a day or two ago when I last delved into reddit)

like I personally don't think it's necessary but i'll take it if we get it, there seems to be a widespread opinion that sages can't handle wall to wall pulls in dungeons despite actually having a fairly easy time with them. on the same note, I kind of expect a warrior self healing nerf because I don't think it's supposed to be this good

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

i hope all those crystals zero's been cranking out are going to end up being a problem later

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

i'm like 80% sure there's a term for people who have relationships with multiple genders but i could be wrong

edit: poo poo I posted before the edit

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Ibram Gaunt posted:

It's very frustrating how many people seem to think being bisexual 'doesn't count' for representation purposes or whatever and that Gaia is forever tainted because she possibly loved a man at one point.

it goes deeper than that, i've snuck past security cameras by wrapping myself in a bi pride flag rendering myself completely invisible

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Surely that giant mecha thing that looks like Lugae isn't the Hildibrand Trial? :dogstare:

And another Blue Mage spell confirmed. Hopefully it's not just some 220 potency thing I'll never use.

did they announce a hildy trial because that would own

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I hope the next job is a healer that uses scouting gear

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

we could go for more jobs that use shields tbh if only because it feels like a glamour dresser tax to have both swords and shields in there

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Badger of Basra posted:

This and getting used to the weird rear end control scheme that you can’t rebind.

I played for the free login campaign a few months ago and it was fun but you def need a lot of time to play through it. I was lv50something and still working through the 1.0 quests

I heard there's some sort of third party addon that lets you play it like a hotbar MMO but I haven't googled this

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Valentin posted:

honestly nabriales probably hosed elidibus's plans pretty hard in that respect. reading ARR and HW backwards with our future (later-written) knowledge from other expansions, it seems pretty clear that urianger should've been our shadowkeeper/cyella/cylva except that lmao nabriales trucked in and caused moenbryda's death, thereby ensuring the most "i can be a little sneaky and manipulative for the greater good" scion was permanently off team ascian

it owns that the sneakiest scion is the one who talks like someone making fun of shakespeare and not the one trained from a young age for espionage

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

C's get degrees even at archon school i guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

does the pixel remaster of 4 still have that thing where like 90% of the enemies counter on physicals