Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

Mitron and Loghrif's fates are only in the Encyclopedia Eorzea as well, so no one knows as of yet.

Is there more to it than "Ardbert & crew killed them?" Pretty sure WoL knows that, at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

thetoughestbean posted:

If somebody’s smaller than me, they are a child. Sorry, I don’t make the rules

you a roe or lala?

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

SirSamVimes posted:

he has earned his nap

If he can hang out with us and be dead at the same time, he can hang out with us and be dead and nap at the same time.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Namnesor posted:

It's hard to believe, with what we've seen of their personalities since their introduction, that Alphinaud and Alisaie would at one point have agreed to wear the same outfit, let alone one so clownishly stupid.

I'm sure it was a gift from their grandfather or something, like their matching books. Alisaie had a whole thing with being totally devoted to the guy's legacy; I have no trouble believing she'd wear it if it was from him.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Tekne posted:

Does anyone else think the Sound that destroyed the ancients' civilization will eventually return as a major antagonist? After the Hydaelyn and Zodiark conflict is resolved, it would be interesting to see a malevolent cosmic entity outside of the Light and Dark balance. Something similar to Marvel's The One Below All is what I'd like, who is distinct from Death and Oblivion because rather than just being an abstract personification, IT wants to inflict suffering, death, and ruin out of genuine sadism and hatred towards life/existence. That idea also makes me wonder if Zenos is not only a direct Ascian descendant but carries a shard of the Sound's soul itself if it's a legit entity.

I've been seeing guesses about a Jenova/Lavos-like source of the sound for a while, so you're definitely not the only one. It seems likely to me, right now.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Phenotype posted:

Sounds like someone hasn't done the Fundament FATEs where there are so many players around that the game gives up and only renders the mob of people within 5 feet of your character.

Does this with hunt and FATE trains too, which can make finding the target and getting credit a bit of a game all on its own.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Cleretic posted:

Oh god, an entire trial that's just the gimmick of the first boss fights of BA and Castrum Lacus Litore? Please no.

Fighting the CLL adds is way easier than slowing the team's DPS.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Gearhead posted:

(Seriously, guys, the man is suffering enough.)

Incorrect, imo.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Ultima could cast Ultima so they worshipped her and also called her Ultima. Then there's the primal-eating weapon that can cast Ultima, also called Ultima. Also there is the primal-copying warrior weapon called Ultima that does not seem to be able to cast Ultima. And who could forget the beast called Ultima that can apparently cast "Slow Demi Ultima."

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Farg posted:

i dont get why people get like mad or offended when you lose a fight in the narrative. like, for me its just 'ah ok the games doing a thing, gotcha', but some people take it as a personal attack or some poo poo

Its because I was a Paladin and could've worn him down without the plot attack happening.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Clouds are just replaced by smoke because the whole thing is on fire.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

it's really hosed up to know what happens in a beast quest.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Find-replace "aether" with "hearts" and KH lore is perfectly compatible with FF14's lore.

Yapping Eevee posted:

How dare you say those cursed words. (That boss fight was not kind to me way back when. The fighting's easy enough, but the second 'quick, kill all the notes' was rough for younger Eevee.)

Ok but now imagine the 8-man raid version.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Middy woke up for a couple seconds, I hope he gets to hang out some more.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

MechaX posted:

I was fully expecting him to pull a “nothin personal kid” and just teleport-kill her or throw the scythe but he just… doesn’t. He just lets the scene play out (probably thinking it was cringe as gently caress because I mean, it’s Zenos), and I was really surprised by that

I was absolutely certain he was going to eat her, even through the fight I was sure he was gonna become phase 3 or whatever.
Pleasantly surprised he was just a pretty good solo trial at the end.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

Also they shouldn't have made me look for 8 entire people and have a bunch of people with the quest marker who don't count.

This was the funniest bit in the expansion, imo.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

cheetah7071 posted:

I want zenos to come adventuring with me in meracydia

every so often I'll turn to him and say "these bosses are too weak. give me a real fight." and then we'll beat each other up. anyways thanks for reading my fanfic

If he'd killed like four or five less people I'd be cool with this. As is, I had to kill him because he needed killing, not for a good time. Ideally he wouldn't have enjoyed it at all but we can't have everything.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Time travel's my favorite stupid plot device and I hope we see more of it.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

We are criminally overdue for a new Monster Rancher game

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Argas posted:

Echo-havers are people who bear enough of a sundered ancient soul that they have partially intact ancient aetheric abilities. This includes resistance to aetheric corruption. The blessing of light is specifically anti-aetheric corruption. The confusion mostly stems from people assuming the echo's resistance was absolute, which may as well be the case for sundered primals vs sundered mortals.

I got the impression that the Blessing also indicated some special attention from Crystal Mom, since she steps in for Krile, Minfillia and WoL, that people with just the Echo don't get.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Ironslave posted:

It's conventional wisdom that all Echo-havers are immune to tempering, so I think it's just something she auto-applies along with her broadcast of the three things you should do.

yeah and that makes sense, but I've been reading it as temper resistance being a common function of the Echo, the Blessing, and the artificial Garlean Echo. Maybe I missed a line that definitively squashes this idea, but it's been my understanding.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Twibbit posted:

"What are you giong to do now that the Scions are 'ending'"

It's nice to get back to the important things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5bP3eY0Vag

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

It just means it'll have the appropriate, expected amount of devastation.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

been waiting on Necromancer + Berserker since Hero’s Gauntlet

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Vitamean posted:

add hypello as npcs and a future tribal daily quest race but give them a frustratingly normal manner of speaking

You’re a bad person for even having this idea.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

FuturePastNow posted:

I hated most of the Company of Heroes

that's all there was to me in that set of quests. Man gently caress those guys

e: company of heroes are way worse than the elementals in my book

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Attach a tank and ranged dps to Arcanist. The book is a shield and you shoot carbuncle off your arm like a dog. This makes leveling for the role quests very easy.

Or let BLU do any role quest. They can do anything!

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

I thought they were wearing silly hats or masks or something

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Bruceski posted:

Wait... we're going somewhere nobody knows us. Know what that means?

Poop quests! Yay!

hell yes, no irony, these are the best quests to have at level 90+

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Lord_Magmar posted:

We know Zero made it to the First, so Ryne Zero and Lyna can probably be worked into a story trust team. Ryne could be an all rounder (Gunbreaker, her original Rogue style Oracle, light based healer) and Lyna can be two (tank, dancer) or Zero being two (tank, reaper).

Comedy option, Feo Ul Duty Support.

why is the comedy option always the best one

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

I mean the entire point of it is to give an in-game justification for why you can summon 7 party members for the game's biggest fights that isn't "A bunch of adventurers were in a boat nearby." It isn't going anywhere.

the boat was a better explanation anyway

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

FuturePastNow posted:

Yeah this. The CoH quests could probably use a rewrite that they'll never get, but they do have a point. The Garuda setup quests are the actual low point of ARR.

the company of heroes set my expectations so low that I didnt even remember the corrupted crystals bit. I think I mashed through almost all the garuda setup, and the coerthas stuff for good measure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

knockback unnecessary, oughta be an aoe