Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

The WoL will die, and be summoned back as a primal. Joking aside, wasn’t this actually brought up once before ingame?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Idle thought - if visions of the final days were enough to cause people to awake to the echo, what happens when the actual final days starts happening all over the word?

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Who/what is the final boss of Endwalker? Zeromus, likely controlled in some form by Zenos

What is the final zone of Endwalker? Aetherial Sea / underneath Silvertear Lake

What is the final 4-man dungeon of Endwalker MSQ? Crystal world

Will there be any death fakeouts, if so, who? Going by FFIV, the twins.

Will any of the Scions actually die? lmao no

What is the biggest unexpected lorebomb? Tons of possibilities. Zodiark actually helping us against the final days is something I'm hoping happens. Also the Sharalyan fallout bunker being some long-con involved with the ancients somehow. Also omega is involved in the story in some capacity.

Is there a tease of where the story goes from here, if so, what is it? There's been so many hints towards Mercyadia.

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Pigbuster posted:

drat it would be appropriate to do a take on that whole sequence for the finale of the scions' story, huh. Though who knows what the heck could give the WoL a crisis of conscious like Zidane had.

The rejoining would make catgirl butts whole again

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

SirPhoebos posted:

Whatever Forchenault is trying, my bet is that it's going to explode spectacularly in his face. It's no accident that right before we meet him, Alphinaud is doing a careful self-assessment of why the Crystal Braves failed.

“If the final days were here, we would know it” leads me to believe they are hiding some knowledge about the ancients. Nobody outside the scions and Ascians should even know about what happened before the sundering.
There’s a pet theory out there that the Sharlayans have prophecy/predictions of the calamity and that Graha Tias Excellent Adventure hosed up the “proper” timeline.

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Regy Rusty posted:

I don't disagree that the line sounds dramatically different in English, but give the Japanese version a listen if you have doubts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zknxNR97IdA&t=198s

That's definitely the same VA doing all of it so I can't imagine it would be different in English.

This is one of the cases where the EN and JP trailers have completely different dialogue, including different characters. The voice at the end of the moon sequence in JP is not emet selch as well.

some translations. IIRC the JP is pretty close to the DE/FR versions.
code:
EN:
Unknown male voice 2 (Fandaniel): There must be a way to restore things to the way they were! To reclaim the perfect paradise we once had!
Unknown male voice 3: It will be ours again! A world free of sorrow.
Hades: Let the curtains fall upon this - the final chapter in the tale of the star.

DE:
Unknown male voice 2 (Fandaniel): Oh Zodiark, god created by our hands, please hear our prayers. Lead us back to better days.
Unknown male voice 3: Do you really want to destroy such a beautiful world?

FR:
Unknown male voice 2 (Fandaniel): Oh great Zodiark, you who embody our final chance of salvation, may you answer our prayers. Devour, and weave lives again and again, until we can finally return to that time.
Unknown male voice 3: What are you planning to do, destroy our beautiful world?

mightygerm fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Nov 22, 2021

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Ironically, I think Zenos takes the 'friendship' thing seriously, as in he had multiple chances to kill random scions or piss you off personally and decides not to do so, got rid of black rose etc, even though it would have certainly gotten us to fight him. He wants to provoke and antagonize us, but not actually make a 'personal' attack, so to say.

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Gearhead posted:

I'm sure that we can probably build more now, that don't have to be nearly so large or so fast. Or will be able to do so soon enough.

It’s going to be somewhat strange to have access to multiple spaceships but nowhere to actually go with them, given the universe is mostly full of dead civilizations.

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

On the other hand, there was no guarantee that Venats plan would work either. The Zodiark plan worked in protecting the world for thousands of years at least. Venat sundering everyone to give them the ability to manipulate dynamis was very risky. They could fail to defeat her or even end up in the same despair trap like so many other civilizations did.
In the end, she sundered for her own “selfish” reasons, believing her cause and the lives she wanted to protect were more important than the choices made by the majority of ancient society at the time. And to her credit, she admits she birthed a world of pain and suffering with no guarantee it would be “worth” it.
The game kinda leaves it on the table to how we judge this. For as much “redemption” as Emet gets, he refuses to recant his actions even at the very end.

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

PoorWeather posted:

This post came almost right after I ended up taking a nap, but I wanted to quickly say that I don't agree with casting these negative responses to Endwalker's plot as entirely some personal problem. I think they grow out the awkwardness of how the time travel plot was written and some other strained parts of the script, just like a lot of the negative reactions to Emet were a result of him - despite all the ways he ended up great as a character - being a sloppy retcon of a generic fascist they'd already established, as well as the Ascians as a whole being broadly a sloppy retcon to one of SE's standard generic dark councils of obviously evil robed dudes.

I don't envy the task that the writers had in wrapping up the story in a single expansion, especially with what must have been the competing pressures to resolve the decade-long plot, while also giving pivotal roles to characters which had become unexpectedly popular. But I do think there are close-to-objectively janky parts of its writing, which most people seem to admit to some degree. They just happen to bother some people more than others.

This REALLY felt like it should have been two expansions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

The sentiment mostly comes from sections of the story feeling compressed. You're right, its hard to split as written - mostly because it would be hard to end 6.0 on a satisfying conclusion that leaves room in the post-patch without adding new zones.