Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

jokes posted:

This scene in particular

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3Q6RfiIgpU&t=224s

really, really cemented that the VA for FF14 was loving top notch. Ardbert and even these no-name NPCs' voice work is so good. That and, of course, the "We did everything right and still.. still" line. Joe Dempsie's VA work has been just incredible.

That scene is so loving good. Such an effective gut punch. I'm almost angry they made me care so much about such a regular rear end lookin dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Should've had Tataru there, and don't explain it at all

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Put ol Daddy Grumpus into the same room with Tataru and Krile and he'll be sorted out real quick :colbert:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

My newly sprout friends are starting Crystal Tower stuff now.

I had to contain myself when one of my friends was like "ooh, who is this cat boy?!" :buddy:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I mean if any of the Scions is dying before Endwalker is over I'd put all my money on Thancred.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

wizardofloneliness posted:

I don't really see that as an issue considering you can still use Ryne as a trust for the most recent dungeons even though canonically she's still on the First. They'll probably just add new trusts but keep the old scions usable for variety.

That's... weird. Does Ryne have fourth wall breaking dialogue about that?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Really excited to see how G'raha (My #1 Fan and One of my cherished children) and Esitinien (One of my greatest admirers) take to Zenos doing his whole "My dearest friend slow horny inhale, my greatest foe..." Shtick.

*G'raha's eyes go big and starry eyed again*: THE Zenos?? The famous Zenos who fought the Warrior of Light, died and came back to life to fight him again? I can't believe I get to see such a thing in person

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Emet-Selch is dead because he died on screen in front of your own eyeballs

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Gruckles posted:

or we'll meet a baby that smirks and does a strangely snarky handwave at us

This being the after credits scene of Endwalker would be the most incredible moment in gaming history

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I related a lot to Emet-Selch being tired all the time

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I really wanted to see all our new The First friends interact with Hildibrand :(

He literally gets sucked through a portal!! Come on!!!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

The part where Seto rubs his head against Arbert is :qq:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

What's your Azemsona

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Eh, I do have some sympathy for Mitron, but his loss of just his girlfriend is much smaller potatoes than Emet's "I lost all of my friends, and my brothers, and my family, and my entire civilization and I'm depressed as gently caress about it" so it's harder to sympathize with Mitron in comparison. Also Emet was obviously much more interesting of a character.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Hellioning posted:

The only problem with the Exarch's plan is that he made Urianger lie to us again and I'm getting tired of it.

"made"

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

KirbyKhan posted:

it would be dope to introduce a high level pvp trial that's MSQ required.

:chloe:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Cleretic posted:

This is one of the few posts I've seen anywhere predicting deaths in Endwalker that don't put the axe to Y'shtola and/or one of the twins (usually Alisaie).

Truly, a real mystery as to why a bunch of gamers essentially writing fanfic in prediction form would most often decide that of the Scions still in the core party, it's Y'shtola and Alisaie that should die.

Really? I really haven't seen many posts expecting the three of them to die. It's usually Thancred (who I agree with) and Estinian that I've seen people guess are going to die. I can ALMOST see the point of view of someone who thinks the twins have a chance of dying if I stretch hard enough, but Y'shtola? Like obviously I get your point they are guessing/hoping they're gonna die cause they're the major women characters, but I think the sun has a better chance of just suddenly going out tomorrow than I do Y'shtola dying

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Countblanc posted:

Tataru is dying

I would actually consider quitting the game

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Qwertycoatl posted:

You walk into the Rising Stones and see Tataru dead on the floor. Another Tataru comes in, drags away the body and says "Never speak of this". The game continues as normal.

I would accept this

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I don't want any of my good friends to die, I just think Thancred is likely of any character does die. Ideally no one would die and we'd all go out for ice cream, Zenos is also there

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Moofia Boss Val posted:

WoW did avert this problem with MoP; you go from three expansions about battling a big bad to save the world, to an expansion about two empires at war with each other, the invasion of a newly discovered continent, and getting to meet the people of said continent, climaxing with the siege of an empire's capital and the overthrow of its leader. To this day, MoP's story is held in the highest regard of all WoW storylines. And then WoW went straight back to more end of the world expansions. BFA's ostensible premise was supposed to be another grounded faction war, but no one was fooled. Everyone knew from the beginning that it was inevitably going to be about saving the world from Cthulu. The other problem with BFA is that MoP already closed the faction war. A lot of people were pissed off about BFA's premise. "Oh, this is just going to be a trashy rehash of MoP".

MoP worked because the players were already very invested in the faction war storyline, so going from "saving the world" back to the war didn't feel disappointing. It felt climatic. The problem with FFXIV right now is that they no longer have any storylines players are invested in that doesn't boil down to saving the world from Zodiark and/or The Sound. They just axed all of them. City state rivalries? Forgotten. Beast tribe and city state tensions? Swept under the rug. Garlemald war arc? Axed. IVth Legion war arc in Lea Monde? Axed. Oh sure, they have expansion material like the New World, Meracydia, Omega's homeworld, the Original Timeline, other Shards, etc, but those aren't storylines players are already invested in.

I feel like I'm being tricked responding to this post but none of those things were "axed" or "forgotten". There's literally a whole bunch of story that deals with them and most are properly wrapped up. Beast tribes and city state tensions being "swept under the rug"? Huh??? ?????!!!???? Did you skip 5.4??? It was a whole thing!!!!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

The mighty dragon, Fldsmdfr

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

The great and powerful Fhqwhgads

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

It's just the glow effect around the moon intensifying for whatever reason and making it look like that. I really think this is nothing

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Hellioning posted:

Given the game's general theme of 'racism is bad' and the fact that we apparently joined forces with all of the beast tribes at the end of Shadowbringers, I fully expect there to be at least some Garleans who are not tempered and we join forces with.

We are gonna team up with Zenos

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Does anyone know when in the story they explain the deal with the abyss under the bridge? All of my friends have now experienced them throwing the eyes down there and all of them were like "why didn't we just destroy them". I know nothing living can go under there, but when in the story do they explain why?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Bruceski posted:

Hindsight-scriptwriting and all, but I think the whole bridge thing could have been helped by someone nearly getting knocked in during the first Steps of Faith and use that as a chance to say what a close call it was.

I think players would just interpret that as, yeah of course falling off a high bridge is probably fatal :v:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Zomborgon posted:

"I'm glad I caught you, friend- the torturous winds of the Abyss are no way for a warrior of Ishgard to die."

Me with my one brain cell: thank you for saving me from falling off this high bridge :buddy:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Wacky Delly posted:

Finally the Kingdom Hearts crossover we've all secretly wanted.

I have two specific Square crossovers I want them to do. Kingdom Hearts is the first one. I demand Donald and Goofy be there. And then give me a keyblade.

The second is I want Max, Chloe and Rachel's outfits from Life is Strange. This includes Rachel's blue feather earring, and the Chloe hat would replace your normal hair with her blue hair

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Pigbuster posted:

No Shadow survived the fall and appears again in Sonic Heroes. They never really explain how he survived falling from space, though.

He's the ultimate life form

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Does that make Dulia-Chai Nero

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Sorry... the dreamer?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I want a big ol' hammer class. I wanna be Dedede or a Kirkhammer hunter but in FFXIV

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

SirPhoebos posted:

Every time someone says "this star" I can hear Tom Servo yelling "IT'S A PLANET!"

Anyway, have we gotten any clue on how we're going to get to the moon? I'm sort of hoping Cid just builds us a Saturn 5, complete with a minigame to make the trip without an unplanned lithobreak.

(I had a brief period messing around with KSP last year, if you couldn't tell).

Um have you seen the logo, clearly by spaceship

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

the_steve posted:

The Blessing of the Kami extends to the Lunar Sea.

This is what I'm assuming they're gonna use to explain us being able to go to the moon and breath perfectly fine.

GoingPostal posted:

I think it's a chunk of Dalamud that went sideways, rather than down, when Bahamut broke out. If anyone could get there for space travel, though, the Garleans are my odds on shot. We don't really know if the aethersphere? stops at a certain point or not. Eorzea might not be able to fly past there, since all their ships are aether powered.

I dunno, those certainly look like some kind of rocket thrusters on the back of that thing

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Blockhouse posted:

Games are also a good way to try and get people to ignore the grim specter of death hanging over their head

Sometimes I get so angry playing Smash that I wish for death

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/balphinaud/status/1449781810875957248?s=21

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I almost can't believe that scene with Alisae, Estinian and Graha is real

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Where do they mention this stuff about "The Sound"? There's no specific wiki page about it. Was it just an offhand mention in the dungeon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I'll be the contrarian here I guess and say I would not like Asahi to actually come back. I'd rather the clothing change be related to something else.