Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Expanding NSA Surveillance as one of his last measures, after he knew Trump would take over

Our open torture black site still open.

Please share your favorite memories from the Obama administration and your expectations from a possible Biden administration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Obama's advice to Trump
(CNN)

As President Barack Obama prepares to turn the White House over to President-elect Donald Trump, he's offering some advice to his successor.

"One thing I've said to him directly, and I would advise my Republican friends in Congress and supporters around the country, is just make sure that as we go forward certain norms, certain institutional traditions, don't get eroded, because there's a reason they're in place," Obama told CBS News' Steve Kroft in a taped interview for "60 Minutes."
In a transition period that found the President-elect often commenting on presidential matters, Obama admitted it's been an "unusual" time.

"I suspect the President-elect would agree with that," Obama said. "Look, he's an unconventional candidate."

Obama noted that Trump "ran sort of an improvisational campaign" but cautioned him against running an "improvisational presidency," saying it will be a test to see if Trump can build an organization and execute the vision he laid out during the campaign.

"I think everybody has to acknowledge, don't underestimate the guy, because he, he's going to be 45th president of the United States in about in about two weeks," Obama said of his successor.

The outgoing President said partisanship that became even more evident during the 2016 campaign was something that surprised him during his time in office.
"I will confess that -- I didn't fully appreciate the ways in which individual senators or members of Congress now are pushed to the extremes by their voter bases," Obama said. "I did not expect, particularly in the midst of crisis, just how severe that partisanship would be."

One thing Obama said he will miss about the job is living in the White House and working with his staff. But, he said living within the hallowed halls is not exactly like people typically imagine.
"You know, it's not free," Obama said of the presidential lifestyle. "I've got a grocery bill at the end of every month. Our toothpaste, our orange juice, that all gets paid. But it is true that I don't carry my wallet that often. So I'm going to have some catching up to do in terms of how day-to-day things operate."

Obama told Kroft that he is looking forward to his next life phase and the tasks he aims to accomplish, such as writing a book and working on a foundation.
The Obama family will stay in Washington and aren't moving far from 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, to a rental home in the Kalorama neighborhood. They plan on staying at least until their youngest daughter, Sasha, graduates from high school.

But first, before settling into his new lifestyle, Obama says he's going on a vacation.

"I'm not setting my alarm," he said. "I'm going to spend time with Michelle. And -- you know, we got some catching up to do. We've both been busy."

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kunduz_hospital_airstrike

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.
uh i don't know is anyone told u but we're gonna have brunch again so

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
https://www.hrw.org/report/2014/02/19/wedding-became-funeral/us-drone-attack-marriage-procession-yemen

THS
Sep 15, 2017

BUSH 2112 posted:

uh i don't know is anyone told u but we're gonna have brunch again so

live feed of ppl if Clinton had won:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

"hey could you do the nation and minorities and just everyone a solid and legalize weed, it's policy that has a huge support across the board"

Obama: :lol:

Hardon Crime
Jan 15, 2020

hubba hubba hubba hubba
https://twitter.com/gluefac3/status/1278460434845241344

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

obama alphabet soup since punaho school change my mind

Hardon Crime
Jan 15, 2020

hubba hubba hubba hubba

The Saucer Hovers posted:

obama alphabet soup since punaho school change my mind

mom was probably a spook too

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

obama gave me cum poisoning

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Hardon Crime posted:

mom was probably a spook too

and dad both who met at the UH east west center joint agency international spook clearinghouse

Malkina_
May 13, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjugN-nUHh8

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

We tortured some folks

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

SorePotato posted:

obama gave me cum poisoning

harsh butt fare

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Gotta include Operation Timber Sycamore and the overthrow of Gaddafi

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crPN_ZrP5kY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-_NLBzggZE

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/RYP__/status/1124684283891765250
https://twitter.com/Ziya_Meral/status/1227538525907759104
https://twitter.com/40_Ronda/status/1282069275273039878
https://twitter.com/thisishellradio/status/1115331827714199553

Hardon Crime
Jan 15, 2020

hubba hubba hubba hubba
check out how big his hog is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mehb5sqKyrI

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

First Black Elected to Head Harvard's Law Review

https://www.nytimes.com/1990/02/06/us/first-black-elected-to-head-harvard-s-law-review.html

man i bet he used that auspicious position to elevate all sorts of other black folks

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Lawman 0 posted:

We tortured some folks

it doesnt get better than this one imo

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

Destroying Libya and turning it into a violent failed state with slave markets that acts a conduit for migrates drowning in the Mediterranean and revitalizing fascism in Europe is probably my favorite.

Also pumping shitloads of cash and weapons into Syria to a bunch of genocidal extremists so hosed up that some of them even gave AQ pause in an attempt to remove a regime for geopolitical reasons thats killed 600,000+ and displaced another 10 million was pretty cool.

This was all fine because Obama was handsome minority with a million dollar smile with a D next to his name.

gently caress you Obama.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
[video type="youtube"]n9mzJhvC-8E?t=571[/video]

Mayor Dave has issued a correction as of 08:19 on Aug 16, 2020

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
abdulrahman al-awlaki

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Obama's best hits

etalian has issued a correction as of 14:50 on Aug 16, 2020

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

the moment trump became jokerfied

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Htt91G2qDwM

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
Departing Obama Tearfully Shoos Away Loyal Drone Following Him Out Of White House

‘Go On Now, Git,’ Says Former President

WASHINGTON—Stopping and turning around as he made his way across the South Lawn after hearing the unmanned aerial vehicle hovering just feet behind him, outgoing President Barack Obama tearfully shooed away a loyal MQ-9 Reaper drone attempting to follow him out of the White House, sources confirmed Friday. “Go on now—get out of here!” said the former commander-in-chief, his lower lip trembling and his eyes welling with tears as he affected a stern tone of voice in an attempt to scare off the faithful hunter-killer drone that had spent the past eight years obediently at his side. “You can’t come with me anymore, you got that? Can’t you see this is for your own good? Now scram. What are you waiting for? Go!” At press time, a heartbroken Obama had thrown a rock in the drone’s direction, causing the unmanned aerial vehicle to flee into the sky, where it paused to look back one last time at its old master before flying off toward a Yemeni tribal wedding.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Helsing posted:

Departing Obama Tearfully Shoos Away Loyal Drone Following Him Out Of White House

WASHINGTON—Stopping and turning around as he made his way across the South Lawn after hearing the unmanned aerial vehicle hovering just feet behind him, outgoing President Barack Obama tearfully shooed away a loyal MQ-9 Reaper drone attempting to follow him out of the White House, sources confirmed Friday. “Go on now—get out of here!” said the former commander-in-chief, his lower lip trembling and his eyes welling with tears as he affected a stern tone of voice in an attempt to scare off the faithful hunter-killer drone that had spent the past eight years obediently at his side. “You can’t come with me anymore, you got that? Can’t you see this is for your own good? Now scram. What are you waiting for? Go!” At press time, a heartbroken Obama had thrown a rock in the drone’s direction, causing the unmanned aerial vehicle to flee into the sky, where it paused to look back one last time at its old master before flying off toward a Yemeni tribal wedding.

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer
To financiers that destroyed the world economy and forever ruined the lives of working Americans:

“My administration is the only thing between you and the pitchforks.”

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Helsing posted:

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

"I'm Barack Obama, and I'm Ryan Schutt, and I'm gay." - Barack Obama

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Good soup! posted:

"hey could you do the nation and minorities and just everyone a solid and legalize weed, it's policy that has a huge support across the board"

Lemme reach out to the nazi contingent, surely this and murdering muslims will endear me to them!

Obama was dumb as gently caress lmao

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
remember when he pretended to drink the water in flint michigan?

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
https://www.politico.com/agenda/story/2015/10/obama-vs-teachers-unions-its-stilll-on-000264/

quote:

With the possible exception of trade, education is the issue where Obama has veered farthest from his liberal base. It’s historically a local issue, but Obama and Duncan, his pickup basketball pal from Chicago, have reshaped the national landscape, using carrots (like the Race to the Top competition for stimulus dollars) and sticks (like the threat of sanctions under the No Child Left Behind Law) to nudge states into adopting reforms that unions hate.

By choosing King to succeed Duncan, the president is signaling that he cares more about continuing those fights—for higher standards, for charter schools, for standardized testing—than healing wounds or papering over differences within his party before the 2016 election.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
for those of you who are young/forgot/didn't pay attention to the 08 election: one of the few substantive differences in the primary was that all the teachers unions endorsed Hillary because Obama was in the waiting for superman ~school reform~ camp that has turned out to be a huge pile of astroturfed anti-union bullshit whose purpose was always to turn a government service over to the whims of tech billionaires

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

kingcobweb posted:

for those of you who are young/forgot/didn't pay attention to the 08 election: one of the few substantive differences in the primary was that all the teachers unions endorsed Hillary because Obama was in the waiting for superman ~school reform~ camp that has turned out to be a huge pile of astroturfed anti-union bullshit whose purpose was always to turn a government service over to the whims of tech billionaires

ty for the recap

SideEffectShit
Oct 10, 2022

by Pragmatica
universal healthcare and universal basic income

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Good soup! posted:

I don't want to be the guy who is remembered for accomplishing something good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void