Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

JazzFlight posted:

As long as the show continues to have really weird lore/worldbuilding,

Yeah honestly that's the draw for me. There's SO MANY weird decisions

Why DO the outfits look like that? The Atheists are wearing cone hats and alt-history WWI/Medieval gear in Boston 2145, and then there's the literal Crusaders

Why are the flying sonic-scream death lady robots called Necromancers and not, hmm, Banshees? Did they pick a name out of a hat

Why did she howl like a wolf besides an awkward tie-in to the name of the show?

Why do her eyes control her transformation so she wears them around her neck in a ballsack?

Edit: oh yeah the Dickensian atheist child soldier part made me laugh

I know the answers to almost all of these are Ridley Scott and they're just there to be weird. Any explanation would be unsatisfying

And yeah fuckin' lol at the Ep 3 'cliffhanger'. It's so weak for one of these high-budget shows that it made me audibly laugh

The weird parts are so weird that I was bored as hell by the standard plot beats and brown palette segments but I'm going to keep up with the show...

Victis fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Sep 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

This show is Prometheus: the show.

Some very cool poo poo and insane decisions punctuated by boring nonsense. It's almost a 1-for-1 parallel, whether you think Rids is involved or not

If they ever decide to start explaining anything I'd stop watching. Whether MILK or little plastic shields or dirty orphan Battle Backpacks full of weaponized Science, just keep truckin'. Do not provide any succor

I'd guess that the 3-ep initial release was sprung on them? Otherwise the 'cliffhanger' at the end of Ep 3. is so laughable

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

zoux posted:

Yeah I'm just being picky. Gotta say, I don't love Travis Fimmel in this, I don't know what accent he's going for and his line reads seem off. I think he's an intense actor who does good when he gets to do a lot of physical acting, but I don't think he's a good actor.

What you don't think 'permanently having to take a painful cry-poo poo' intensity is good acting

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Yeah when she’s in a hurry in ep 3 she tells the children to please not look at her since she’s still weaponized even untransformed

I would try not to think too hard about it. They’re not making an effort to explain too much of the deets

I like the allegory to Medusa pointed out upthread that’s a cool little bit with knights and a mirror shield lol

Edit: I really liked Mother’s memory scene it was cute

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Waffleopolis posted:

I can watch stuff at work during downtime and was thinking about watching it. How violent/horny is this that prevents me from watching this?

It's more weird than anything. There is a flying nude bronze lady so you do see a fair bit of her rear end but androids aren't built with nipples or genitalia

It's not horny at all beyond that and honestly pretty sparse as far as violence but those moments are visceral to the point of cartoonishness

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Google Butt posted:

I mean how bout the rock that incinerated old buddy in the desert???

The one that's conspicuously the same polygon as the holy symbol incense burners???

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Odoyle posted:

In the first episode Mother says that they are to name the youngest after their creator, ostensibly somebody else named Campion. God I hope we don’t get into time travel grandfather paradox fuckery.

They already showed Campion Sr. Who ‘created’ her.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Lmao this show, just got around to the finale

It’s so dumb, I think I had fun??? Hard to say

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Shaocaholica posted:

Mother didn't have the ability to colossus without her eyes for some reason. Ragnar put an axe through her twice. Seems like the eyes either have magic or is just a key.

Please don't attempt to understand

They have the DARK PHOTONS activaters which is why his face gets all weird when he eats one ???

I'm sure it's all metaphor anyways because RS loves that poo poo. My favorite part was when Mother turns to the camera and explains to the audience how she got pregnant

It's very extremely Prometheus: The TV Show and it's ok.

Victis fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Oct 5, 2020