Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Bleh bleh bleh!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Steak sure is being weird and self conscious, plus using meta to defend himself, definitely my top vote :chord:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Jon Joe posted:

wtf is flavour its flavor you fool

mod confirmed, even

##vote JJ

Uncouth american swine

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Retro Futurist posted:

##vote JJ

Uncouth american swine

Not you, cpig

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I’m taking the “don’t vote steak D1” challenge.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oh right, 287 posts overnight, that’s why I don’t play in big games, right.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

So far I got vibes on Amni.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Maybe it’s my complete lack of brain damage but I don’t see that as a scum slip

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The flavour is pretty confusing, I could see someone thinking we're vampires and still being mortal Aligned. I don't even know what I am beyond being mortal Aligned, I'm not reading a wiki to figure it out.
Maybe Sal is scum and I look like an idiot right now but I don't see it

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Amnistar posted:

But what kind of vibes RF?

~bad~

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sandwolf posted:

I will claim flavor

I am mystery flavor airhead

Oh you're an airhead alright :dadjoke:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

SalTheBard posted:

Uhh sure. Let me look at a less than 1 day old game.

merk - Interaction with Sandwolf is weird and jumping on a "scum slip"

Tommunist - Not thanking me for the amazing picture I did and for not really posting much of anything so far in a fairly active game (although I can also accept the fact that Tommunist might be busy with work)

Retro Futurist - Arbitrary claim of Mortal Flavor in a game where flavor matters really struck me as a weird thing to do.

Holy poo poo you actually did slip, didn't you? I didn't claim my flavour, I claimed my alignment, mortal ie town.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sal doesn't know what the town alignment is, despite pig putting in his post. He's either not reading the game AND didn't read his PM, or he's not actually town

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sorry for all the things I said to people who were saying he slipped before, especially the stuff I said behind your backs and/or about your mothers

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sal what is your alignment

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Do you think alignment and flavour are the same thing? I'm lost now

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

SalTheBard posted:

Wait so is Mortal Flavor or Alignment? You are saying one thing and RF is saying another.

Yeah I don't buy this. If it were Sal's first game maybe I could let it slide but he's certainly been here long enough to know how to read a PM, and the only way this confusion happens if he doesn't have a PM that says he's mortal Aligned.
##vote sal

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sal if you're a jester you're doing a terrific job

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I stand by my read of Sal not making that mistake as town, good with my vote.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I have a gut read in amni and I feel like merk is town this game so I'm willing to move my vote there, but otherwise I'd prefer to keep it on byers.
I should be here at deadline but I'm babying a brisket so who knows how it'll go

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Mr. Steak posted:

my playstyle is a direct challenge of the "never lie as town" rule which is generally considered gospel.

This would be fine if you didn't flip out every time someone called you out for it.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Mr. Steak posted:

idk i think intentionally blowing my lunchproof on d1 when i was sotting pretty before is not a scum thing to do.

excited to be confirmed town tomorrow

Even if you're lynch proof that by no means makes you town

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Alright well ##vote steak

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sandwolf posted:

Wow so many people happy to show up and slap a vote down on Steak what a loving coincidence thank god Steak gave literally every scumbo both an excuse and a motivation to vote him

There's 24 mins left we don't have a lot of choice here

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sandwolf posted:

we had a BIG argument yesterday when Sal was like -2, -3 about hammering yesterday. an argument we've all had a million times. and we ended up giving time and look where we are, :30 before deadline struggling to get consensus and rapidly approaching a last minute swerve that EVEN IF STEAK IS 100% TRUTHFUL is BAD FOR THE TOWN

I do agree tho. My stances on ending days early and last minute rushes are both well known

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sandwolf posted:

OH IF ONLY THERE WAS ANOTHER OPTION AT SOME POINT IN THE DAY

I've been on Sal since early on, don't you yell at me Sandwolf

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

soscannonballs posted:

So I was going back and looking at some stuff from yesterday and I noticed in this post RF said he preferred to keep his vote on Byers, but he never voted for Byers. He voted for Jon Joe during jokephase and then switched to Sal after everything that went down with mortal flavor/alignment stuff. Feels like he didn't actually have an opinion on who was scummy and was just jumping on bandwagons, so he forgot that he never actually voted for Byers.

I'm not sure why I said byers, I meant Sal. No offense to whichever of you is cooler

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I don't really get why we've all just moved on from Sal and Steak when neither one has really done anything to change my opinion.

Also still would vote amni. Cheese is lurking hard and popping up at deadline which is exactly what they did as scum last game.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Gumball Gumption posted:

I mean, obviously. It just seems wild to use a 1 shot night kill that can go through anything on night 1. Unless vig works differently here, used to it usually punching through most protection.

They're usually just normal kills, and almost nobody can keep it in their pants past d2

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I feel like pushing Sal will be a huge waste of time D2 since all it accomplished D1 was a last minute burning of a probable-town players' shot of lynchproof. I'd almost rather get dunked myself since a lot of players have expressed opinions on me. Still gonna try to survive though since I know I'm town.

How is steak probable town? They acted in a very non town way and wasted D1

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Agreed. But scum or even 3p wouldn't waste a shot of lynchproof, out of nowhere, for no reason.

If I'm wrong I won't poop myself but I'll probably have to sit down and sort out my feelings about humanity in general for an hour.

I hate that argument though. "scum would never do this" is how scum get away with everything

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Mr. Steak posted:

anyway, i find this disingenuous and a copout. even if you refuse to make any conclusions without a flip from voting (which is dumb), we *do* have a flip from voting. byers! you can still look back at votes on byers knowing he's town.

And now he's even saying disingenuous! That's like the number one scum tell.

Steak at least just claim third party I can live with that

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

If anyone else has a vig they should kill cheese because he's just going to keep lurking, then popping up for a few posts at deadline.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'd vote cheese but I prefer a big or modkill, just seems wasteful to lose a day kill on him

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

So wait, you have to kill all those people, but if you do you just become vanilla you're still a survivor? What if you survive to the end but don't kill them all?
A survivor that also needs a lot of people dead, all of whom happen to be non town, isn't sitting right with me

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Could as a Hail Mary play since he's getting heat

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yeah I don't buy it ##vote cheese
This feels like a lie, and even if it's not we only lose a 3p with a killing role.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Mr. Steak posted:

cheese can you respond to my confusion about :

why choose to blindly shoot when you had the option of using the flavorcop?

you mentioned "I didn't cop because it seemed less efficient and I wasn't aware of how much death there would be"

what do you mean by less efficient? because from my perspective, confirming targets with flavorcop and then shooting a confirmed target is more efficient than shooting blindly.

what do you mean by not aware how much death there'd be? were you worried there'd be less or more than there was? why would that even factor into your decision anyway?

none of this makes any sense to me, and im really trying to understand

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Mr. Steak posted:

AT LEAST I LIE DECENTLY WELL

:trumppop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

b-minus1 posted:

Cheese was one of my top town picks mainly because was posting like unengaged town. If we lunch him and he flips the 3p role that he is claiming, I will be looking at the people that are gunning the hardest to lunch him. Scum are trying to remove all threats to their team so they have an incentive to case cheese under the guise of hunting scum. For example, RF has been vocal about his desire to lunch “Scum” cheese

No I haven't. SK is a lot more likely and I've said as much