Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Mr. Steak posted:

cheese can you respond to my confusion about :

why choose to blindly shoot when you had the option of using the flavorcop?

you mentioned "I didn't cop because it seemed less efficient and I wasn't aware of how much death there would be"

what do you mean by less efficient? because from my perspective, confirming targets with flavorcop and then shooting a confirmed target is more efficient than shooting blindly.

what do you mean by not aware how much death there'd be? were you worried there'd be less or more than there was? why would that even factor into your decision anyway?

none of this makes any sense to me, and im really trying to understand

Why not? I guess would be my answer. Both actions give me the same information through different means. Making the kill felt more efficient in that if I get a hit I’m not making the same action twice and felt less consequential in a large game before I saw five flips this morning. I mean the flavour cop would theoretically be pretty easy to prove tonight for people that think I’m lying

Also killing is fun

Gumball Gumption posted:

##vote Cheese

Even if it isn't an inherently anti-town role it's anti-town play to lurk day 1 and then use your kill night 1 when you have other tools. Also seems weird you don't have to kill your targets yourself.

Lol that you’d try to present this as anything but self preservation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Mr. Steak posted:

AT LEAST I LIE DECENTLY WELL

:trumppop:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I love you too steak but literally everything you're saying right now is bullshit because you have a full day of evidence that you don't believe what you're saying

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Amnistar posted:

Especially one that is a threat to the Annarchs.

It makes no sense that you’d think this and want to lunch me

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mr. Steak posted:

as for why not flip cheese today? i mean, getting a 3p killing role isn't the *best* use of our time on day 2. the vote logs would essentially reveal nothing at all.

plus, if he's telling the truth then at least he's gonna 1) not kill tonight, or 2) aim for someone he suspects is scum just like a town vig would.

and if he's lying then hes surely either 1) sk or 2) scum on a team.

if 1) he'll probably aim for someone he suspects is scum tonight anyway because scum is generally the sk's biggest threat.

if 2) lunching him wont affect the nk count anyway

this is just such insane hoops to create in order to keep the known town-killing role around, just doesn't make any sense, especially when your logic is, "this lunch provides us with no info," when you went OUT of your way to make D1 lunch a lunch that provided us with NO info.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

cheese sandwich posted:

i think you're a threat to mortals, no matter what your role says, evidenced by the fact you ****ALREADY KILLED TOWN****

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sandwolf posted:

this is just such insane hoops to create in order to keep the known town-killing role around, just doesn't make any sense, especially when your logic is, "this lunch provides us with no info," when you went OUT of your way to make D1 lunch a lunch that provided us with NO info.

i already told you that was accidental and i pretended it wasnt out of pride and embarrassment :'(

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Sandwolf posted:

i think you're a threat to mortals, no matter what your role says, evidenced by the fact you ****ALREADY KILLED TOWN****

That’s nice and we heard you the first time but that was directed towards amni

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
when did amni kill town?

im feeling like i skipped a page somewhere lol

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Mr. Steak posted:

when did amni kill town?

im feeling like i skipped a page somewhere lol

Amnistar posted:

Especially one that is a threat to the Annarchs.

cheese sandwich posted:

Sandwolf posted:

cheese sandwich posted:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mr. Steak posted:

hey sal we should get along now! sorry i blew up the game yesterday but i did sort of save you so lets be friends

okay what about here where you credit yourself with saving Sal?

Mr. Steak posted:

oh poo poo im picking up what you're putting down tommu. lol

or here where you implicitly trust Tommu against Hum in DEEP contrast to you just voting Sal despite Amni?

Mr. Steak posted:

btw im not reading sal's posts. this is because they are just too long and i already think he's town

or here where you claim you think Sal is town,

but now, today, after a buncha NKs and a slow day, you're going back to Sal? what the gently caress

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

cheese sandwich posted:

no but I'm the abrasive one, jeez

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ohhh ok. sorry about my reading comprehension

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sandwolf posted:

okay what about here where you credit yourself with saving Sal?

or here where you implicitly trust Tommu against Hum in DEEP contrast to you just voting Sal despite Amni?

or here where you claim you think Sal is town,

but now, today, after a buncha NKs and a slow day, you're going back to Sal? what the gently caress

i admit he's probably not the best vote but hes been acting kinda weird today.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
just wanted to throw a vote down honestly

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Also a thing that amused me was the immediate response to rarity claiming the Byers kill last night compared to me claiming the db kill. Also that he claimed a role that sounded a lot like mine, there’s almost certainly more there that people glazed over

What was really funny was that he said he was picking between me and Byers because I was deciding between him and db. Lol

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Sandwolf posted:

no but I'm the abrasive one, jeez

<3

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Cheese was one of my top town picks mainly because was posting like unengaged town. If we lunch him and he flips the 3p role that he is claiming, I will be looking at the people that are gunning the hardest to lunch him. Scum are trying to remove all threats to their team so they have an incentive to case cheese under the guise of hunting scum. For example, RF has been vocal about his desire to lunch “Scum” cheese

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
now watch as suddenly people agree with me now that im posting as binus

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

cheese sandwich posted:

Also a thing that amused me was the immediate response to rarity claiming the Byers kill last night compared to me claiming the db kill. Also that he claimed a role that sounded a lot like mine, there’s almost certainly more there that people glazed over

What was really funny was that he said he was picking between me and Byers because I was deciding between him and db. Lol

My pronouns are she/her fyi

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Rarity posted:

My pronouns are she/her fyi

Sorry :( never again

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

b-minus1 posted:

Cheese was one of my top town picks mainly because was posting like unengaged town. If we lunch him and he flips the 3p role that he is claiming, I will be looking at the people that are gunning the hardest to lunch him. Scum are trying to remove all threats to their team so they have an incentive to case cheese under the guise of hunting scum. For example, RF has been vocal about his desire to lunch “Scum” cheese

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

b-minus1 posted:

I like this post. You're town ain't you bee?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

b-minus1 posted:

No I haven't. SK is a lot more likely and I've said as much

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

cheese sandwich posted:

Rarity claimed a much more straightforward role, had sound logic behind her pick, and claimed it right away. This ain't apples to apples here

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I transparently do not think cheese is scum. I think they are an SK-adjacent, but there were like a half dozen kills last night, we can’t just let that happen every night.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Retro Futurist posted:

Rarity claimed a much more straightforward role, had sound logic behind her pick, and claimed it right away. This ain't apples to apples here

Also this.

Also Rarity claimed 1shot vig, not constant murderer.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

I transparently do not think cheese is scum. I think they are an SK-adjacent, but there were like a half dozen kills last night, we can’t just let that happen every night.

Yep that’s where I’m at.

I will put Sal on the back burner for now with Amnis thing

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

cheese sandwich posted:

We have seen the annarch win condition, it is not counter to the mortal win condition.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Votecount for Day 2

cheese sandwich (7): Sandwolf, Tobbs Gnawed, Mr. Humalong, Rarity, Amnistar, Tobbs Gnawed, Retro Futurist, b-minus1, Gumball Gumption
Gumball Gumption (4): Amnistar, merk, ShallNoiseUpon, mikeycp, b-minus1, SalTheBard, SalTheBard, Toalpaz, Amnistar, b-minus1
Sandwolf (1): Mr. Steak, cheese sandwich, Mr. Steak
Mr. Humalong (1): Tommunist, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak
SalTheBard (1): Mr. Steak
Rarity (0): mikeycp, mikeycp
Tobbs Gnawed (0): Rarity, Toalpaz, Rarity, Toalpaz
Mr. Steak (0): Rarity, Rarity
Amnistar (0): merk, merk

Not Voting (4): Hal Incandenza, SalTheBard, soscannonballs, Tobbs Gnawed

With 18 alive, it's 10 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 06th, 2020 at 11:30 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 8 hours.

If you don't send a location by the end of the day you won't go anywhere!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

binus posting more votecounts than votecounter

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Lol that was the first time I posted it

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote cheese

Always eliminate claimed third parties.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
At the lake this weekend. Will not be posting much.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Amnistar posted:

We have seen the annarch win condition, it is not counter to the mortal win condition.

Maybe? Like would town vig rarity be considered a threat to the anarchs?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Hal Incandenza posted:

Maybe? Like would town vig rarity be considered a threat to the anarchs?

Looking at the wincon I can't see it as being town+. Town can vote them out too, and are therefore a threat.

Anywho if cheese is telling the truth he looks to be a town+ serial killer and we may be seriously shooting ourselves in the foot if we vote him out.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Wow so many people popping in to clarify why having an unlimited night vig is actually pro-town

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Sandwolf posted:

Wow so many people popping in to clarify why having an unlimited night vig is actually pro-town

TBH scum are gonna kill him if we don't lynch him. If cheese is smart he'll commit to flavor copping and posting results in thread. I want to know who the vampires in this game, don't you?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
It seems unlikely that cheese has that many targets and is self aligned. He’s prolly got another person working with him. I think someone already said this but I’m getting good place flashbacks of the sk duo looking for specific targets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

I promise I'm not on your list of targets, trust me, I just don't know if I want a 3P killing role around who has no interest in actually finding scum. How'd you know to shoot DB last night? 'lucky guess' is not a sufficient answer.

Catching up on the thread but this post really pinged me hard.

First, I believe Cheese's claim. In the source Bach was a mortal who led a group of hunters with the goal of killing Lacroix, the Camarilla Prince. All of his claimed targets are Vampire elders, and we know from DGK's flip that Anarchs are self-aligned. There is no way Camarilla and Andrei are mortal aligned, so I feel like Sandwolf is being disingenuous when he says its a 3p killing role with no interest in finding scum. His goal is to kill a bunch of powerful vampires and I don't see any way that isn't helpful to town.

My impression from Cheese's posts is he isn't too familiar with the source material, so him naming a bunch of elder vampires as targets sounds legit.