Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Did anything happen on Raw last night

they apparently broke up one of the only entertaining acts in the company and one of the only like, 4 womens' tag teams in the company with zero build, while they're also on the way to breaking up one of the only other entertaining acts & womens' tag teams, with admittedly quite a bit of build (most of it i suspect accidental)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

Comparing Sean Waltman to loving Dolph Ziggler is one of the meanest things I've ever read.

nic nemeth and sean waltman are both very talented wrestlers who, as characters, long outstayed their welcome. i don't think that's an unfair comparison at all. the main difference is syxx/x-pac was never pushed as anything beyond a lower card guy who could occasionally hang with midcarders, while dolph got main event level over and nabbed a couple of, in hindsight now viewed as flukey, WHC runs before getting stop-started into oblivion and becoming the "has a boring feud that goes on way too long with every new guy" guy.

also he revealed himself to be an unlikable dickweed on social media (which i guarantee waltman would've done in the 90s if given the opportunity)

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I'm mad about this theoretical statement.

Theoretical nothing, guarantee he's already got the tweet saved in his drafts.

Rarity posted:

R-Truth gave the Bump an update on Little Jimmy

God, Ron Killings is a treasure.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

i have to imagine most if not all of this is illegal

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

oldpainless posted:

There’s no good reason not to like Big Sexy

i can think of a few

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

• The lights went out during Nia Jax vs. The Riott Squad and Retribution using cheap voice modulators declared they were "locusts of contempt".

lmfao what the gently caress is this supposed to mean

WHAT THE gently caress DOES THIS MEAN

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

That wasn't a turn, Punk was already a heel when he did that promo, I think he was just staying in character while also saying what he really felt. But a charismatic guy speaking his mind and airing his grievances with a terrible company is, 99 times out of 100, going to make someone a babyface.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Jackie D posted:

Comedy doesn't draw, now put on this gas mask Dean

comedy doesn't draw, says man who put corpse loving skit on television because he thinks it's the funniest thing in the world

edit: actually that probably explains it. vince thinks comedy doesn't draw because the poo poo HE thinks is funny literally nobody else in the world does, so when he tries to put his idea of comedy on tv it bombs and nobody likes it. thus, comedy doesn't draw.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Seth Rollins posted:

nobody knows which wrestlers are on which show.

Including the wrestlers!

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

seriously burn this loving company to the ground.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

JOHN CENA posted:

new raw and smackdown tag team belts are coming soon. not new titles, just new belt designs.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

do they expect people to actually keep up with who's on what show

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Open Marriage Night posted:

You loving liar. Next you’ll try and tell me that the Rockers broke up 28 years ago, and that I’m a grown rear end man, and should be over it by now.

They were the best tag team! Why, Shawn, why?

Time traveler went back and showed 1991 Shawn some screencaps of 2020 Marty's facebook page.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

jesus this show sounds loving dire

they really have practically zero ideas that don't involve people attacking each other or brawling in the back huh

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

MJeff posted:

Hey buddy Mandalorian is loving good.

i can safely say i've never once given half a gently caress about the mandolorian nor do i ever plan to so rest assured i would never talk trash about it

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Wasn't Ricochet one of the guys who said he would've been in NXT in like 2015-16 if it weren't for those garbage Lucha Underground contracts?

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Gumball Gumption posted:

https://twitter.com/KingRicochet/status/1306703737705164801

Like, dude, you're one of the best wrestlers in the world. You've put in the work to succeed. Any success not coming your way is success denied, not undeserved.

unrelated to trevmann insisting that no, he really REALLY enjoys the taste of boot polish, nothing will ever make me roll my eyes as quickly or as aggressively as wrestlers constantly shooting down fans who say the word "deserve." like nobody loving means it the way you're interpreting it you loving idiots holy poo poo, just accept the compliment that people like your goddamn wrestling and hope you succeed. gently caress's sake.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Spiderdrake posted:

Your fantasies about this are weird.

no i think that's a pretty reasonable thing to hope about those two sacks of poo poo

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Astro7x posted:

Why are all WWE themes horrible now that they got rid of CFO$?

This just showed up on my YouTube Feed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU5jvRmjOvQ

Everything sounds like an action movie score. It takes 15 seconds to get into the song. And then goes into 4 different musical phrases before repeating. What is the hook of the song? What is the recognizable part that you hear and instantly know who it is that is coming out? Why are these themes so horrible? You're 45 second in and you've heard 5 different melodies

kushida's NJPW theme was like super middle tier for me in that company but holy poo poo i'll take a WCW-rear end knockoff of the BTTF theme any day over this trite

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

[*] Throughout the match, Michael Cole kept insisting that Sami Zayn had disappeared for six months for no reason, as opposed to because of the global pandemic.

lmfao go gently caress yourself vince you loving monster

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

Street Profits (Angelo Dawkins and Montez Ford) defend the Raw tag titles against the winners of a triple threat tonight; Seth Rollins and Murphy, or Andrade and Angel Garza, or Humberto Carrillo and Dominic

didn't seth turn on murphy

aren't andrade and garza in the middle of a breakup angle

have humberto and dom even appeared in the same segment together before

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

man. remember war machine?

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

:eyepop:

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

so i stopped watching wrestling as a kid near the end of the invasion. it was probably a smart move, looking back. i eventually got back into it in high school at the start of 2007, and from that point until about 2015 i'd dip in and out for a year or two at a time. watch for 2 years, stop watching for a year and a half, watch for another year, stop watching for a year after that, etc. 2015 is when i finally had enough and decided "this show isn't getting better, and i can't keep watching this trash." seth's awful title run and the authority in charge yet again broke me. but i still kept up with the company. i needed to know what the biggest wrestling company on the planet was doing, because i still cared about wrestling. i needed to know how the wrestlers were doing. i would get happy for the ones i liked if they were getting pushes, and bemoan the underutilization of others (mostly the latter tbh). i followed what was going on through twitter and youtube videos and written recaps and podcasts for the next 5 years, even after i found a new love when i got into new japan in 2018. i still felt the need to keep up with wwe.

there are pay per views and episodes of raw that i've been more upset about than this one. multiple of them, really. but like. hearing people talking about this episode as they were watching it and trying to keep track of what was happening.... my brain is melting. i can't deal. i think i've hit the point where i need to just stop looking at wwe entirely. it's so bad. it's so unbelievably terrible.

why the gently caress do the anarchist rebels who want to do nothing but cause chaos think being signed to world wrestling entertainment contracts will enable them to commit more destruction and mayhem. how is WORKING for vince mcmahon going to give you MORE leverage against vince mcmahon.

gently caress this company.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Eat My Fuc posted:

I liked dark order from their debut and i still like thrm now. I never once thought they were lame. Retribution is the lamest stable in wrestling history, it’s worse than new blood, the brood, joker sting, old day, and DX

the brood ruled, how dare you