Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Some of my favorite live sports events growing up were Raw/SmackDown tapings, but that was in the late 90s/early aughts and couldn’t imagine sitting through the current product in an arena. I could see how a PPV/Takeover would still be an enjoyable live experience now though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I probably went to a SmackDown after it, but the last WWE show I specifically remember attending was No Way Out 2000 and it was good.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Love to treat my independent contractors like employees.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

forkboy84 posted:

For the love of god someone challenge this poo poo.

I can’t imagine Xavier’s going to put up with having to drop UUDD.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Fightful has the letter on their Patreon, it’s written from the perspective of a company that did not just post record breaking earnings.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

WWE gonna get taken down by the 1-2 punch of money marks Tony Khan and Andrew Yang.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Do it ironically posted:

I don’t feel bad for the wwe wrestlers at all, at this point EVERYONE knows Vince is a huge piece of poo poo who will actively gently caress you over any chance given. You sign with the wwe you’re an idiot and probably an rear end in a top hat yourself

Stop giving wwe money

The majority of the people in WWE signed before there was a viable alternative for guaranteed money as a professional wrestler.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

In a vacuum, it’s crazy to me that they’re cutting longtime employees like Brisco and Chioda right now. I know it’s a poo poo company, but come on.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Pope Corky the IX posted:

It’s pretty amazing that Matt Hardy has been able to come up with a bunch of reinventions of his character while all Jeff Hardy has is Willow and Itchweed(?).

On paper, I don’t know that all of Matt’s reinventions are winners, but he is a prime example of how much you can get away with when you fully commit to a bit.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Retribution feels like they heard the Dark Order was getting over down in Jacksonville and only watched Dynamite up through December to see what the deal was.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

MJeff posted:

Looks like she might be kinda important from the way she's framed in the trailer too.

First season was pretty episodic, curious to see if she if she just ends up being “important character of the week” or not.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

lol first response when I clicked through was someone explaining this is Fair Use, actually.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Smoking Crow posted:

this is the same guy who makes everyone dress up in suits and dresses to go to the arena even though if their character would never wear a suit

Meanwhile, the NBA moved on from their racist implementation of the same policy years ago and now get a ton of engagement on pre-game drip arrival photos on social.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Neither Mia’s nor Mercedes’s masks fit and kept falling down.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

How much more are USA paying for Raw compared to TNT and AEW?

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Benne posted:

If you're gonna do a fake reporter account at least be good at it. Dave has literally never tweeted like that.

Imagine Dave being that affected by hearing that though.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

RECKONING AND RETALIATION OF RETRIBUTION

#FTRRR

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Gotta build that brand supremacy angle for survivor series.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I had to mute TBar because too many people I follow were quote tweeting him.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Pope Corky the IX posted:

If they're going to gently caress around on Twitter, I would have preferred if T-Bear or whoever replied to the paper plate references with something like "You need something to do when you're stuck in catering."

Didn’t CM Punk make that catering joke?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Dark Order was getting over on how good Brodie was on TV, BTE supercharged that.