Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Stairmaster posted:

is coco really playing video games for 8 hours at time

Sometimes she plays for 9 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Captain Cappy posted:

Chima is gonna hit 10 hours in a row of singing Freesia, believe it dattebayo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UI5tOajbknM

She's gonna sound like Miko after this.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

homeless snail posted:

a true legend

People are asking for an encore.

-e-
It is done.

Lurking Haro fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Sep 5, 2020

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

arisu posted:

Watame/Kanata 3D duet is lit as gently caress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1iLScVyydk

I only get the twirling circle of doom, the chat is working though. The archived version it is for me :(

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

InspectorCarbonara posted:

If you're in Europe, there's apparently a problem at the moment where Europeans aren't able to watch live streams on Youtube from Japanese streamers for some reason.
Hololive streams haven't worked for me since last night and I had to go through a VPN to watch the Watame/Kanata live.

Chima's stream yesterday worked fine, but the archive is up anyway.
They totally messed up the scaling and made Watame too small.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Ibblebibble posted:

Last I heard, 3D tracking tech for full body stuff needs to be to scale to the actual person. IRL Watame must be pretty short.

Interacting among each other while scaled is more of a concern, but this looks like Watame is actually taller:

Proportions are also important, as many characters wear highheels, but the actual actors don't. Combined it with bad rigging and you get Marine's full-body peglegs.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Pollyanna posted:

Oof, are they too sick to stream anymore or something? That really sucks :(

Her announcement says she had been already feeling unwell since she started, but it has gotten worse and worse.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Coco will buy a controlling share of Adidas after building the Holohouse, won't she?

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Tabletops posted:

loving lol the failure one. What game is that? looks like a rogue/like so i wanna say etrian odyssey or something but idk

From the title it's Shiren the Wanderer 5, part of the Mystery Dungeon series.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Pollyanna posted:

I don't know enough about Rimworld to know exactly what she's talking about, but I think what she's trying to do is to mod Hololive into the game as NPC skins.

She said she got permission to play modded Rimworld (edit: because she wanted to play it with Hololive NPC skins) if it's her own mod(s?). However, she doesn't have any modding experience, and wanted to poll her listeners for advice on how to accomplish a couple things.

A literal translation of this is "I don't want to replace parts, I want to replace the whole." I have no idea if she means that she wants to do a total conversion, or if she means that she wants a single mod with all the changes, or if this is talking about parts in the game as a game mechanic. Never played Rimworld, so I don't have enough context to tell if I translated this correctly.

She wants to make about 30 different appearances (NPC skins, I assume?) and have them appear randomly.

The first sentence is that she plans to play Rimworld as a Hololive member, so she wants to mod in full characters, not just accessories.

-e-
You edited it, you sly foxcat!
But I agree to your interpretation.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Pollyanna posted:

Ohhh, okay. Thanks! I interpreted Rimworldをホロメンにして as “Make Rimworld (into) Hololive members”, so I assumed that meant adding them all.

The result is the same and all Hololive members add up to about 30 (Holy crap, so many already??)

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Tabletops posted:

Re: watame. I noticed in the video they did the other day of her and amane doing karaoke that amane consistently lined up the mic with basically her upper chest which leads me to believe she is considerably shorter than her model lol

Which is wild because her model is 4 10 at least in description. Idk if their character heights actually line up with their models height.

Watame is supposed to be an inch taller than Kanata, that's why I complained about the scale.
Kanata holding the mic to her throat means the model's proportions are off compared to the real person. Think about it as a person in a mascot costume.
Might be a combination of longer legs, high heels and a bigger head on the model. Or she has a voice box in the throat, explaining her VA skills.

Ibblebibble posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJWrDccFa9I

Monoe playing Obra Dinn, drat. Wasn't ever expecting to see this game played by a JP Vtuber lol

I hope she keeps playing it. It's good Japanese practice for me!

Lurking Haro fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Sep 6, 2020

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Tabletops posted:

Yeah, the way she held the mic with the end pointing up is typical if you hold the mic itself at a downward angle slightly above or just at mouth level.

Anyway my guess is that the models don't necessarily fit the 'height' of the characters in the bios. Or make is just really tiny which of course could be.

Kanata is actually 149 mm tall and flies everywhere. They just messed up the mirrors for the stream.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Pollyanna posted:

I wonder if the meaning of the word “lolicon” in Japanese somehow doesn’t refer to being sexually attached to and wanting to molest children, cause that’s the only possible explanation I can think of, and it’s a hosed up one.

The whole complex family of words means being in love with X. This can be platonic or sexually, but it's normally implied to be the latter.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Red Minjo posted:

Is Hololive Myth gonna play Call of Cthulu RPG?

I wondered why they haven't yet done a RPG collab yet. Call of Cthulhu is pretty popular and is light on rules.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Ibblebibble posted:

There actually was one a while back with Fubuki, Ayame, Mio and Subaru.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlSQ2U25NC8

Oh gently caress, got it queued up for tonight.

-e-
The whole video is in private hell :(

Lurking Haro fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Sep 9, 2020

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Stairmaster posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EURch5LcKZA

drat these bitches gay. good for them! good for them!

If Aqua and Kanata fit together in one futon, have they ever tried the kids in a trenchcoat routine?

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

trucutru posted:

Are we talking about real-life idols? They barely have time to sleep, never mind having relationships, same-sex or otherwise.

And let's just say that their managers are very crafty

https://japantoday.com/category/entertainment/3-ways-the-japanese-entertainment-industry-keeps-idol-singers-from-dating

This blurb is particularly funny to me

Fujos: Which hairdresser is the seme and which the uke?

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Hiro Protagonist posted:

Obviously it's her first stream in her second language, so this isn't meant as too much of a criticism, but I hope that she doesn't translate everything she says or talks in Japanese as time goes on.

Reverse Pikamee situation going on.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Truga posted:

i'm trying to apply but it says they're not auditioning currently i'm sorry

When they reopen auditions, apply as a bear girl.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Another artistically talented Vtuber!

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

It's Takotime!

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

She wants to get better at Japanese and doesn't know cucumber in Japanese, so she might be Korean.

-e-
VVV
I hope it won't go beyond this. Nene's art was the entrypoint for 5th gen.

Lurking Haro fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Sep 12, 2020

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Tabletops posted:

I'm pretty sure they all have the same keyboards. At least ninomaes sounded identical to the ones the 5th gen have. Which is good. Maybe hololive is supplying their new acts with accessories and stuff? They should give them to all the older gen ones :(

I doubt Botan has the same keyboard as everyone else.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

I'na I'na Ninomae f'taghn!

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

The shark is circling its prey, exhausting it before striking.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Scratching the mask of the salmon sushi.

-e-
And hidden tablet.

Lurking Haro fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Sep 12, 2020

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

It's got electrolytes!

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rdlHKioR6A

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Shut up and take my coupons!

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Strong anime choices.

The squealing...

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Welcome to the BBC.

-e-
BB doesn't stand for British Broadcasting

Lurking Haro fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Sep 13, 2020

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Ashtarath posted:

Atleast we dodged any awkward fan names

Haha

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Does the hat... have a mustache, too?

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Yandere kicking in

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

"She's not a certified doctor" :laffo:

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

After discussing it with management and her doctor, Miko might come back next month.

https://twitter.com/sakuramiko35/status/1306168224128487424?s=19

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Hiro Protagonist posted:

I'm still trying to decide if Watson's Concoction was a sleep-deprived misstep by Ame that made her seem more wild and sporadic, or a peek at what's to come when she gets more comfortable.

She had all those effects queued up, there is no way it wasn't planned.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

wolfs posted:

was this her poking fun at Luna? I was awake this morning and saw they both started singing streams at the same time

e;fb

The song has a chipmunk-style distortion, but Towa sang it straight:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WBSGQx8Z7o

-e-
And the actual singer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a02OrkDHGe0

Lurking Haro fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Sep 20, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

someone get coco an SA account for this thread

I don't want Lowtax to get any Supacha money.