Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Hiro Protagonist posted:

Interesting, that means Hololive's campaign and the Vshojo/Arcadum campaign are starting at pretty much the same time. Two VERY different campaign energies that I am 100% there for. Like, might have to catch live instead of VOD or clipped levels of hype.

Edit: also, the use of "the tabletop RPG" is interesting, because that almost certainly means it isn't DnD. It's the assumed default, and they'd just out and say it if it was. Calli has WoD experience, so that could be it, but I could also see 1: a weird left-field game that was a sponsor or 2: reskinning something to be the (unofficial) Hololive RPG. Though that may be me getting ahead of myself.

Call of Cthulhu, obviously. Ina will be the villain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Sharkitten posted:

I honestly thought they were contractually obligated to read (most) of their supachats

I don't think Ina's read a single superchat her entire time as Ina.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Help Ina's reaction to Pokemon Snap is giving me diabetes

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
It looks...

Odd?

Like too small.

I think it's her head? The new look is thin and her head is gigantic. Probably because of the giant mass of tentacles she had before.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Renzuko posted:

I dont think she's specified what the solution is, but she's in her new apartment...and her ISP still hasnt come by to hook her up.

Does australia *wink* have good 5g coverage or something?

They've kind of stalled out lately, but originally yes. They had some of the best in the world due to their small size.

Though ironically one of the best countries for 5g is... actual Australia.

Though I assume this goes out the window once you leave the cities.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Sindai posted:

I was surprised how big the difference was between Calli (130k) and Kiara/Ina. I wonder if it's mostly just a matter of time zones since Calli's was much more ID/JP friendly.

Kiara and Ina are also the lowest 2 subbed and such of EN. Gura will probably be a rather better way to determine if it's time zones.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

Gura's just riding on a Roomba and the stream is already at 80 thousand.

It is, to be fair, an extremely powerful waiting screen.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
I'm gonna need that "Thou hast made a valiant effort" award

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Liar Lyre posted:

This May break 200k viewers. Shark is too strong!

I think it got close but not quite, just before it tanked after she was finished showing.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

HellCopter posted:

You'd think they would go all-out with Gura's outfit and accessories, we didn't even glasses for the meme.

Maybe she's just so nervous she forgot lol

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Sindai posted:

Turns out chat is really bad at games

Really bad... or really good?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Floor is lava posted:

Aww poo poo...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f2YdfyWCSE

A battle of who has the worst laugh.

:crossarms: Then why's Pekora there

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Grouchio posted:

Are the HololiveEN girls actually from the west/live there?

Depends on how you define west, I guess? Calli explicitly lives in Japan The Underworld under Japan, but her stories make it rather clear she's not from there. Kiara lived in Japan but went back to her home country of Austria Australia. Ina, Gura, and Amelia are a bit more nebulous, but at the very least the latter two are clearly westerners.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Lyer posted:

The whole ok to collab with Coco thing at the same time makes me think that EN as a whole, was still under some sort of collab restriction.

Coco problems probably come in under the hatespammers problems, which recently Youtube finally managed to fix, so that might just be coincidental timing instead.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Falls Down Stairs posted:

I was genuinely kind of wondering if Ame or Gura would do something with Vshojo first because it's sounded on Nyanners' end like she's on good terms with Gura and (past life spoiler-y) both Ame and Gura were effectively hired out of the same loose circle of streamers that eventually became Vshojo

HoloEN/Coco interactions though? are something I've been looking forwards to forever

Ina defaults to Canadian measurements and has offhandedly mentioned there being -40C winters when she was growing up, she's almost certainly Canadian (not to mention sounds extremely Canadian to my Canadian ears)

(people have claimed this about Gura too but she can't remember whether kilometers or centimeters are bigger off the top of her haid)

Ame and Gura meanwhile just have vaguely US vibes (and their being there that makes sense of their streaming times), whereas Calli being in Japan and Kiara being in Europe is fairly explicitly established

Temperature or not, she's mentioned winters where her hands turned blue from the cold.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Rubellavator posted:

Ame definitely lives in the US because she's mentioned not having health insurance.

Oof

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Hiro Protagonist posted:

Nah, Gura is definitely from somewhere in the Midwest/farmland.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ph_W-hWXtc

We have corn in other parts of the country tho

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Revolver Bunker posted:

Thankfully I've only see a few people in Coco and Watame's streams talking about Ina. Lots of people calling for Fubuki to roast Ina for oversleeping but its 6am in Japan right now. She's probably still asleep.

So what you're saying here is that EN needs their own Fubuki

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

paranoid randroid posted:

Past Ina strikes again

talking to kiara first thing after waking up must be some nitro grade poo poo

I foresee some "Jesse what the gently caress are you talking about" memes about Sleepina talking to Kiara

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Watoto the drug dealer.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Nipponophile posted:

I'm pretty sure Coco and Kanata stream sitting on the floor, which hurts me just thinking about it.

Given how much of a disaster Kanata's room apparently is that's probably impossible.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

DanielCross posted:

Is it weird that VTubers are basically doing successfully what Square Enix failed to do with Aki Ross? The whole "virtual actress" thing sounded dumb as all hell back then, but somehow feels more natural when you have VTuber talents taking on roles as their Characters.

*looks at Vtuber named Aki Rose*

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

2reachmu posted:

It's a business. If they calculate that they'll make more money throwing her out the door and removing the problem for potentially higher yeilding business. Why wouldn't they do it?

Calculations they only did now instead of 9 months ago?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Log082 posted:

well it's not like she's going to run them down on foot

Run them down on tentacles

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Junkozeyne posted:

If you listen to A-chan's holotalk episode sora and her looked for companies to achieve Sora's idol dream and then joined Cover. Tanigo was open to the idea to go as a tech company into entertainment, which is opposite of a random happenstance but a deliberate decision. So Cover itself goes againdt your point that ~japanese companies~ abhor change. Some enlightened westerner should go back to the 1960s and tell Japan to stop modernizing as it is actually in their nature to always play it safe.

To be fair if a tech startup tried to adhere to Japanese companies abhoring change they'd die very very quickly.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Lt. Lizard posted:

This, never forget that smol Ame nuked us. :v:

Was it a smol nuke tho

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Rubellavator posted:

This is definitely torture for Ina. What did she do to you Calli?

Made her a lovey dovey couple with Kiara in Miitopia, obviously.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Ina, Ame, and Gura all happily murdering each other, now THIS is how you play 3d world

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
A new contender has entered the Pizza Arena: Pineapple pizza... without ham. By way of Nacho

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

kliras posted:

I want to know everything about how they got that appearance to happen.

I wanted to say Cameo, which isn't even really THAT expensive, but I don't think Reuben Langdon's actually ON Cameo.

Southworth is, though.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

DalaranJ posted:

It’s also funny that Gura’s song directly addresses the theme of character duality that is core to Haachama, but Gura doesn’t seem to care about that part of her character theming?

e: Like the song writing is based off who the characters were originally written as and not the way they actually portray themselves.

She's credited in the lyrics, though. It had to have been at least something she liked.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Cephas posted:

Oh no, I thought I'd be smug and ironically watch a vtube to see what the kids are doing these days, but the hololive-en crew are actually really cute and chill and i think I kind of love them? Mori Calliope's voice is super charming

Fool. FOOL! Now you're doomed forever!

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Kanos posted:

Vtubers do full length JRPG runs all the time. Pekora especially tends to play through entire full length 50+ hour JRPGs in like a week of streaming tops, with multiple 5-8 hour streams days in a row; off the top of my head, she's done this with Xenoblade Chronicles 1 and 2, FFX, and multiple Dragon Quest games. Kiara has also been doing the same recently, doing an entire playthrough of Yakuza 7.

It's fine if it's not your bag - it's not mine either - but there's absolutely a big audience for it.

None of those are remotely as long as a persona game might get, though. Unless you start rushing through things Persona games get LONG. Like the only game that might be up there (that was definitely not played) is the original DQ7.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
It's kind of funny to see Calli, Pekora, and Korone in a 3 way death match just over 1.5m and then just... look up and see Gura almost double them

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

RealFoxy posted:

I wish she had a heartrate monitor for this. It's a cute game but there's going to be a lot of Ame noises if she tries to finish it.

"Platformer Shfatformer, this is eas- OH NO"

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

mekyabetsu posted:

I really wish Hololivers would just let the regular Minecraft music play instead of adding their own background music. Some of it (like Gura’s and Ina’s) is okay, but I can’t watch Watame’s Minecraft streams because I feel like I’m at a kindergarten play.

https://youtu.be/KUSZSifLYbY

Imagine Minecraft without Pekora's Minecraft BGM, smh

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Whizzing Wizard posted:

Kiara apparently just spent 800 euros on a couple of anime figures and a vita memory card. Glad to see the superchats being spent wisely.

wut

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Floor is lava posted:

restarted my netflix account for this and netflix sure has a shitload of gundam shows on it

They just added them, actually.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

trucutru posted:

And all the different slang for tits, which is highly useful in the professional area (of vtubers).

Vshoujo's better for that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BB7Y_MnmOs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Mulderman posted:

Disgaea 6 got a bunch of Hololive cameos. Even here. So it's not unlikely. Different publisher I know but still.

Probably more effort to make a full costume in tales than to make an entire collection of characters in disgaea.