Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
anyone not watching this caliope/kiara stream needs to catch it later this dynamic is incredible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Korone has an advantage on an english only stream because she can just make nonverbal mouth noises

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
In today's stream Calliope says she likes SOTN so clearly she should play that

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
calliope is the most relatable hololive EN because I too have poor self-esteem and want to stream while drinking convenience store wine right from the bottle

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Calli also just rules

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
She added an entire shelf of a wine bottles to her room background

Tremendous

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
And she knows Ghost Rider!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
big ups

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

The Pillar man theme playing while Towa, Subaru, Suisei, and Watame stand there menacingly

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Five Nights At Freddy;s works because it has actual set and understandable rules

this is just "oh you turned the corner go gently caress yourself"

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
It's more of a bit than it used to be

she recently said she was faking a lot of her reactions to chat in her debut stream because they were using a lot of kanji she couldn't read

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Is she still going stream more mad dad later?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Waffleman_ posted:

Probably next week, yeah.

wait was the one she was doing today the stream that was privated?

dang

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

trucutru posted:

Her wii fit adventure stream is the total opposite of Noel's.

Noel plays on turbo-hard and the whole chat is creaming their pants with her moans.

Luna plays on baby and the whole chat is worried about her health.

it helps that noel is known for working out and being in shape while luna nearly tore her head off her neck falling out of a chair

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Oh Snapple! posted:

Was someone just sarcastic over the idea that the content creators who actually make YouTube their money deserve more of their share

This thread is just a hot bed of bad takes today

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Reclines Obesily posted:

is this guy cracked in the head? wouldn’t people who buy these want their stream voice and not them doing a different character

Rushia breaking character and being weird is her stream voice.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I love the sharp drop off from Pekora to everyone else

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Haato is Mick Foley and Haachama is Mankind

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Mazerunner posted:

Aqua got a new costume too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0M_41G7QIfU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUWyLcPf1vo

Its got some v. powerful options

-sunglasses (up or down position)
-working cat ears
-a hat that almost rivals Korone's wonk-rear end bamboo hat

I can't deal with Aqua having a good model I'm shook

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Stairmaster posted:

ah

we need a new bolshevik party.

maybe not the best analogy to use here

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Cover is going to flinch sooner rather than later and it's gunna suck to see coco and haachama forced to apologize

Feel like if this was going to happen it would have happened by now

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Aurora posted:

noted bad people *checks notes* the bolsheviks?

Nah the bolsheviks were great I was going for "great communist movement that eventually became an oppressive dictatorship" but then I remembered chairman mao kind of always sucked so my analogy felt apart here

Look I'm tired

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

SpartanIvy posted:

I'm pretty sure that arguing online about Taiwan gets you a few easy Social Score points so expect every mainland Chinese person to be voicing their displeasure. Especially the desperate people whose score is down close to reeducation-gulag level.

I don't think you get "points" for arguing about it on a website you're not supposed to be able to access

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Eej posted:

Some dude wrote a (now locked) reddit thread about how As A Reasonable Chinese Hololiver we aren't all like this and the real victims are us innocent Chinese folk who don't want to get involved in politics and just want to watch and support our vtuber idols and his only response to "what about how Taiwanese fans feel when vtubers aren't even allowed to acknowledge their existence" is I have friends from Taiwan, which is allegedly a place,

This is like someone who's so close to Getting It for a second and then he swings and misses so hard the bat goes flying out of his hands and takes out someone in the crowd

Indoctrination is a hell of a thing

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Stairmaster posted:

we need to teach pikamee how to stop saying mario like slowbeef does.

I don't even know how that happens! No one in Texas says Mary-oh.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Phobophilia posted:

this is just depressing that a government can foster a culture of psychotic nationalist revanchism and use that mass of individuals to inflict horrific monetary damage on any individual insufficiently submissive

The real source of everything evil in the modern world, as always, is capitalism.

jimmydalad posted:

On the bright side, China's 4th seed is getting poo poo on in Worlds so that's one victory against them. Still, the fact that China is so adamant on pretending Taiwan doesn't exist and their actions against Hong Kong are disgusting. Feel powerless to do anything though :smith:.

I don't think "an esports team doing bad" is a strike against an oppressive government, just the people playing on the team. They didn't do anything, man.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Oh Snapple! posted:

I don't even know how non-CN viewers would even express "gently caress you" to Cover. Stop having anything to do with the other streamers they enjoy? That's both hosed up and untenable, and it's lovely as hell that only one party in this seems to have leverage.

Please look forward to superchats trying to get other girls to say "Taiwan" and get them suspended too until everyone forgets about this in a month or two

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Endorph posted:

having read them, not really. there's people mad at cover but ive seen only a few instances of this

Yeah the hololive reddit has been mostly fine.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Mazerunner posted:

uh, no

reddit's basically saying the same stuff as this thread

you, specifically, have had the worst take on it I've seen

I mean, saying there's a segment of people whose displeasure with China is less caring about human rights and more just being pumped there's a country it's socially acceptable to be xenophobic towards all backed by a US state department that has a vested interest in fostering this view isn't wrong. It's just not applicable for the hololive subreddit.

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Sep 27, 2020

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
As bad as Cover's handling of harassment has been, even if they were a "better" company they still would have done this exact same thing. No corporation is going to put morals before profit.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
It was last year.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Lyer posted:

I fell down the rabbit hole right into a gigantic pile of poo poo.

I feel bad for the CN and EN girls, CN for the obvious reasons, but I think Cover's gross mishandling of this situation is gonna stop a lot of the growth for the EN girls. Coco and Haachama at least have established fanbases in Japan to fall back on and despite the massive amount of subs the EN girls' following probably isn't all that tied down to them.

Then again people are still eating up Blizzard's poo poo even after what they did was worse.

This is absolutely going to blow over.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

how does she function

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

SpartanIvy posted:

I would hope that behind the scenes that Coco is working with management on this "resolution" because if she's being treated like this without her input, I would think there's a very real chance that she's going to gently caress off and start a competitor, and probably pile drive hololive into the ground after a few years.

"start a competitor"

really?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

SpartanIvy posted:

Why not? The entry costs to the industry are basically nill and everyone provides their own equipment anyway. Covers big selling point is managing and protecting the talent which they are failing fantastically at.

Cover almost definitely also pays for the character designs, the live 2d models, the 3D models, the studio sessions, the travel expenses, etc

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

ah the new watame

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Reclines Obesily posted:

the chill part of watsons stream is horrifying,p. intentionally letting pepsi go flat in the fridge before drinking was the least of her food/drink crimes

this is a level beyond gremlin

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Tae posted:

Piece of known shits hololive moments is shutting down because they are *surprise, surprise* part of the bilibili chuds

https://www.youtube.com/post/UgyP0qFnqskOD0OdoS54AaABCQ

This has made me Actually Angry in ways I can't fully articulate

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

BiG TrUcKs !!! posted:

I have a bad feeling that Hololive will buckle to the pressure and remove their youtube and foreign presence entirely. I know that's where they make like two thirds of their income, but I feel like japanese businesses try to avoid controversy even if it means sacrificing growth.

That's absolutely not going to happen come om

The sheer logistical nightmare alone makes this completely absurd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Lurking Haro posted:

I think they don't want any of the vtubers overhear something at the office.

They generally don't work out of an office though?

e: also Luna and Rushia are streaming right now I don't think they're all being told to stop streaming today