Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Star Me Kitten
Aug 10, 2020
Have you ever punched another dude? Been in a fight?

What happened and why?

Tell me your fightin' stories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

I punched a dude in the face in grade 7 after he punched me in the face.

I started it by pushing him but it wasn't like meant to be serious.

pretty lame and stupid tbf

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I've got two black eyes in grade 5 when I picked a fight with a kid a head shorter than me lmao

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
In middle school I threw a butterfinger bar at a kid making fun of me. It shattered on his dumb face. He then smashed mine with his fists. That's my fight story.

Star Me Kitten
Aug 10, 2020
So I'm usually a nonviolent person, but I'm thinking about punching this dude I ran into. I'm told it is a bad idea. This known asshat abuser deserves it though, so I'm torn.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Several. Not much good has come from it, tbh

agrielaios
Dec 25, 2009
There is punch, or no-punch; nothing else there is.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

No one has ever dared challenge me.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

In 6th grade I fought some kid. We were friends the next day though.

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo
No. But my friend paid another friend so that he could hit him as hard as he wanted in 8th grade and it was pretty funny.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

sucked each other off

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Star Me Kitten posted:

So I'm usually a nonviolent person, but I'm thinking about punching this dude I ran into. I'm told it is a bad idea. This known asshat abuser deserves it though, so I'm torn.

Hire someone who knows what they're doing. Hitting people hurts, even more so if you don't know how to do it properly.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Star Me Kitten posted:

It's a real bad idea to get into a physical confrontation as an adult unless you absolutely have to imo.

And if you absolutely have to get into one, don't settle for a punch lol

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I suggest you stop making terrible threads.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Look at this phoney trying to start a fight with you OP! You gonna take it, huh?!?

Star Me Kitten
Aug 10, 2020

Colonel Cancer posted:

Look at this phoney trying to start a fight with you OP! You gonna take it, huh?!?

e: not worth it

Star Me Kitten fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Sep 9, 2020

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

me and this other girl didn't like each other much in like 7th grade, and I think I gave her a bloody nose. no one cared though because we were losers and no real harm was done

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
twice that I would consider real fights

the first one was in high school, I got hit in the back of the head in science class from somebody at the table behind me and instinctively spun around and punched the person right behind me (who was not the person who hit me whoops) and I guess that dude had a reputation and he stormed out of the class and went to punch lockers because that's what he did when he was mad according to the chatter in the class?
we were both kinda cajoled into fighting, him because he couldn't get hit and then not beat that person up because that's the kind of person he was and the circles he ran in, and me because I was like a dumby and when I was headed home and somebody called my name I was like "hm? did someone say my name? =)" and this kid like waved me over, so I moseyed over to see what he wanted, not noticing that the other guy was there, so I guess it looked to the crowd of kids that had gathered hoping to see a fight that I was like stepping up to him. they all went "oooooh" and somebody said "he coming back"
he kept asking why I hit him and I kept saying I got hit first and just reacted, but obviously he couldn't be like "oh, that's reasonable but I believe you owe me an apology" so he just kept asking why I hit him, which pissed me off so I called him a loving moron or something, then he did that move where you pretend like you're going to turn away, then throw a sucker punch, which he really didn't have to do because I was basically weaker and less coordinated than him in every way
I got my aaaaaaaaass kicked~
I was used to like dumb baby middle school fights which usually ended with me putting the other guy in a headlock, but this was more of a, you try to get an arm around him, something happens(???), and now he's slamming your body into the asphalt, kind of thing? that was new to me. and he was shrugging off my flailing punches as if, he'd been hit in the face much harder and this wasn't a big deal to him
but I also have a stupid high tolerance for pain, so I like didn't even realize I was getting my rear end kicked, my brain is just going "try the same thing again! it's worked on literally everybody else you've ever fought". so he's like trying more and different things to, make it clear to me that I'm not going to win the fight, and I'm not getting the message. I don't remember all the specifics but at one point he pulled the back of my shirt up and just dragged and grinded my naked back against the asphalt, I remember because later when my parents were cleaning my wounds they were like "holy poo poo he cut the poo poo out of your back. are you sure he didn't have a knife?" and I was like "??? how can it possibly be that bad"
again, high pain tolerance. not necessarily a super great thing to have. I didn't even realize I was bleeding, so I just kept throwing myself at him
eventually the security guy showed up and the other dude took off running up some nearby stairs, but I was still in "hit him" mode so I jumped up on him and, that was probably the most damage I ended up doing because I was like coming down on his head and he wasn't expecting it because who would be dumb enough to continue fighting after security shows up? but again, I was like a dumb guy and I didn't even notice the security guy was there. but to everybody watching, I just looked like a loving maniac, which, I guess on paper I was, but I want to be clear it wasn't nearly as cool as I later found out that it seemed from the outside
so he like threw me over the railing of the stairs but I just scrambled back up after him, and then... I dunno what happened to the security guard? the only reason the fight stopped was, the guy who was kicking my rear end, I don't remember exactly what he said but he basically let me get the last hit and was "something something something. end it." and just walked away, and then we... both went home? I remember picking my stuff up to go and somebody saying something like "that's right, brush yourself off" and me not really being clear if that was meant to be an insult or an advisory statement but somebody else was patting me on the back so I was like okay at least one person here is on my side so that's cool. but yeah we didn't get in trouble until the next day, no idea what that was about

I got off pretty easy because I didn't have much of a record, at least not for violence, I think I was suspended for a day and other guy got a lot longer and also he got moved to another class?
this story has a happy ending, though
the next semester we ended up in the same class and he handed me a note that said "we cool? I didn't really want to fight u..." and I was like "yeah. I didn't really want to fight you either." and he wrote "we cool?" and I was like "yeah... we're cool"
and we were cool after that
also, like, nobody messed with me after that? not that I was one to get picked on much anyway, because I was always kinda scrappy, but you know how teenagers mess with each other? the things I did on accident in that fight that made me look like I didn't give a gently caress about authority or getting my rear end kicked got around and I would hear goobers like warn each other "don't mess with him", which is... it's like a good feeling that doesn't feel like it should feel good but it does?
that's not the happy ending, though
because then later he got expelled for pulling a knife on somebody, and, I didn't know how to feel about that? it was like two parts "glad it wasn't me" three parts "awww no, buddy! I was rooting for you" and a jigger of "wait... DID he have a knife in that fight? n-no... I would definitely remember that... wouldn't I?"
the happy ending part is, like a decade later, I'm working swing shift at the grocery store, so I'm the only checker, and he comes in with a girl, and I see this person off in the distance like trying to point me out while not making it obvious that he's trying to point me out, and, they came through my line later, and he was like "do you remember me?"
and I was like "no?" because I didn't because, and I can't emphasize this enough, I'm like a dumb guy
and he was like "we got in a fight back in high school" and I was like "oh yeah! how ya doin'? :haw:" because, again, I'm dumb
and he was like "I was just wondering if you forgave me for what happened... :("
and I was like "oh dude, of course. I appreciate it, but yeah, no worries, man" silently thinking 'does this guy not remember being cool?' :confused:
and he... I dunno if he's been through therapy or what but he seemed like genuinely pretty upset about it, and he just said "it was a hosed up situation"
and I was like "totally. take care, dude. peace."
and you could like tell that the girl he was with was proud of him, whoever she was, it was sweet
I hope he's doing well, it seems like he had some circumstances. it looked like he was doing well

uh the second time... hm... I got gay bashed and I guess I still don't really want to talk about it because it makes me sad? I don't know if I've ever even told anyone this happened
it wasn't too too bad, got my nose bloodied outside peet's coffee, and mmmaybe worse than just bloodied, it made a clicking noise whenever I pushed on it for a while after that, I don't know the medical term for clicky nose. I don't think it was broken though
if it didn't happen just because I was gay it probably wouldn't be such a sore spot, like it wasn't much worse than I've gotten in mosh pits, it just rattles me. this was bay area, fuckin, obama's first term, 21st century, where this poo poo's not supposed to happen, where people act like it's insane for me to feel like I still face any kind of discrimination as a gay man, and here I'm getting punched in the face for it. and like part of the point of hate crime is to gently caress with the whole community by proxy, so it made sense to me to just take it on the chin and act like I wasn't phased, and not file a report or even tell anybody, which might have been stupid. I made a point to walk that same route, do the same poo poo, not look over my shoulder, determined to just not let it have any power over me, which is kinda its own way of giving it power idk. it's a lot of baggage I guess
although, one funny part is, at first there were two of them, but his friend was like "come on dude we're gonna be late" and the one who ended up actually escalating things to violence was like "no!!!!!" and the friend, I swear to god, indignantly said "the pizza rolls are gonna be cold!! >=(" and stormed off by himself to, whatever pizza roll-having place they were headed before the other one decided to beat me up for being gay. they were also messing with some homeless ladies before they set on me, I think the one was just a really rowdy fella, full of hate, y'know. sorry this story is not as good as the last one. or sorry if they're both bad idk I'm sad now whatever

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Star Me Kitten posted:

Don't do that lol. If this person is abusing someone you know then help the abused find resources and take out a no-contact order.

If there's really a situation of abuse, confronting the abuse as a third party can make things WAAY WORSE for the person experience abuse, if there aren't serious safety checks in place.

Star Me Kitten
Aug 10, 2020

The_Continental posted:

Don't do that lol. If this person is abusing someone you know then help the abused find resources and take out a no-contact order.

If there's really a situation of abuse, confronting the abuse as a third party can make things WAAY WORSE for the person experience abuse, if there aren't serious safety checks in place.

Eh, yeh I'm not going to do it. Sure the dude will end up in jail at some point anyway.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Cubone posted:

twice that I would consider real fights

the first one was in high school, I got hit in the back of the head in science class from somebody at the table behind me and instinctively spun around and punched the person right behind me (who was not the person who hit me whoops) and I guess that dude had a reputation and he stormed out of the class and went to punch lockers because that's what he did when he was mad according to the chatter in the class?
we were both kinda cajoled into fighting, him because he couldn't get hit and then not beat that person up because that's the kind of person he was and the circles he ran in, and me because I was like a dumby and when I was headed home and somebody called my name I was like "hm? did someone say my name? =)" and this kid like waved me over, so I moseyed over to see what he wanted, not noticing that the other guy was there, so I guess it looked to the crowd of kids that had gathered hoping to see a fight that I was like stepping up to him. they all went "oooooh" and somebody said "he coming back"
he kept asking why I hit him and I kept saying I got hit first and just reacted, but obviously he couldn't be like "oh, that's reasonable but I believe you owe me an apology" so he just kept asking why I hit him, which pissed me off so I called him a loving moron or something, then he did that move where you pretend like you're going to turn away, then throw a sucker punch, which he really didn't have to do because I was basically weaker and less coordinated than him in every way
I got my aaaaaaaaass kicked~
I was used to like dumb baby middle school fights which usually ended with me putting the other guy in a headlock, but this was more of a, you try to get an arm around him, something happens(???), and now he's slamming your body into the asphalt, kind of thing? that was new to me. and he was shrugging off my flailing punches as if, he'd been hit in the face much harder and this wasn't a big deal to him
but I also have a stupid high tolerance for pain, so I like didn't even realize I was getting my rear end kicked, my brain is just going "try the same thing again! it's worked on literally everybody else you've ever fought". so he's like trying more and different things to, make it clear to me that I'm not going to win the fight, and I'm not getting the message. I don't remember all the specifics but at one point he pulled the back of my shirt up and just dragged and grinded my naked back against the asphalt, I remember because later when my parents were cleaning my wounds they were like "holy poo poo he cut the poo poo out of your back. are you sure he didn't have a knife?" and I was like "??? how can it possibly be that bad"
again, high pain tolerance. not necessarily a super great thing to have. I didn't even realize I was bleeding, so I just kept throwing myself at him
eventually the security guy showed up and the other dude took off running up some nearby stairs, but I was still in "hit him" mode so I jumped up on him and, that was probably the most damage I ended up doing because I was like coming down on his head and he wasn't expecting it because who would be dumb enough to continue fighting after security shows up? but again, I was like a dumb guy and I didn't even notice the security guy was there. but to everybody watching, I just looked like a loving maniac, which, I guess on paper I was, but I want to be clear it wasn't nearly as cool as I later found out that it seemed from the outside
so he like threw me over the railing of the stairs but I just scrambled back up after him, and then... I dunno what happened to the security guard? the only reason the fight stopped was, the guy who was kicking my rear end, I don't remember exactly what he said but he basically let me get the last hit and was "something something something. end it." and just walked away, and then we... both went home? I remember picking my stuff up to go and somebody saying something like "that's right, brush yourself off" and me not really being clear if that was meant to be an insult or an advisory statement but somebody else was patting me on the back so I was like okay at least one person here is on my side so that's cool. but yeah we didn't get in trouble until the next day, no idea what that was about

I got off pretty easy because I didn't have much of a record, at least not for violence, I think I was suspended for a day and other guy got a lot longer and also he got moved to another class?
this story has a happy ending, though
the next semester we ended up in the same class and he handed me a note that said "we cool? I didn't really want to fight u..." and I was like "yeah. I didn't really want to fight you either." and he wrote "we cool?" and I was like "yeah... we're cool"
and we were cool after that
also, like, nobody messed with me after that? not that I was one to get picked on much anyway, because I was always kinda scrappy, but you know how teenagers mess with each other? the things I did on accident in that fight that made me look like I didn't give a gently caress about authority or getting my rear end kicked got around and I would hear goobers like warn each other "don't mess with him", which is... it's like a good feeling that doesn't feel like it should feel good but it does?
that's not the happy ending, though
because then later he got expelled for pulling a knife on somebody, and, I didn't know how to feel about that? it was like two parts "glad it wasn't me" three parts "awww no, buddy! I was rooting for you" and a jigger of "wait... DID he have a knife in that fight? n-no... I would definitely remember that... wouldn't I?"
the happy ending part is, like a decade later, I'm working swing shift at the grocery store, so I'm the only checker, and he comes in with a girl, and I see this person off in the distance like trying to point me out while not making it obvious that he's trying to point me out, and, they came through my line later, and he was like "do you remember me?"
and I was like "no?" because I didn't because, and I can't emphasize this enough, I'm like a dumb guy
and he was like "we got in a fight back in high school" and I was like "oh yeah! how ya doin'? :haw:" because, again, I'm dumb
and he was like "I was just wondering if you forgave me for what happened... :("
and I was like "oh dude, of course. I appreciate it, but yeah, no worries, man" silently thinking 'does this guy not remember being cool?' :confused:
and he... I dunno if he's been through therapy or what but he seemed like genuinely pretty upset about it, and he just said "it was a hosed up situation"
and I was like "totally. take care, dude. peace."
and you could like tell that the girl he was with was proud of him, whoever she was, it was sweet
I hope he's doing well, it seems like he had some circumstances. it looked like he was doing well

uh the second time... hm... I got gay bashed and I guess I still don't really want to talk about it because it makes me sad? I don't know if I've ever even told anyone this happened
it wasn't too too bad, got my nose bloodied outside peet's coffee, and mmmaybe worse than just bloodied, it made a clicking noise whenever I pushed on it for a while after that, I don't know the medical term for clicky nose. I don't think it was broken though
if it didn't happen just because I was gay it probably wouldn't be such a sore spot, like it wasn't much worse than I've gotten in mosh pits, it just rattles me. this was bay area, fuckin, obama's first term, 21st century, where this poo poo's not supposed to happen, where people act like it's insane for me to feel like I still face any kind of discrimination as a gay man, and here I'm getting punched in the face for it. and like part of the point of hate crime is to gently caress with the whole community by proxy, so it made sense to me to just take it on the chin and act like I wasn't phased, and not file a report or even tell anybody, which might have been stupid. I made a point to walk that same route, do the same poo poo, not look over my shoulder, determined to just not let it have any power over me, which is kinda its own way of giving it power idk. it's a lot of baggage I guess
although, one funny part is, at first there were two of them, but his friend was like "come on dude we're gonna be late" and the one who ended up actually escalating things to violence was like "no!!!!!" and the friend, I swear to god, indignantly said "the pizza rolls are gonna be cold!! >=(" and stormed off by himself to, whatever pizza roll-having place they were headed before the other one decided to beat me up for being gay. they were also messing with some homeless ladies before they set on me, I think the one was just a really rowdy fella, full of hate, y'know. sorry this story is not as good as the last one. or sorry if they're both bad idk I'm sad now whatever

thank you for the numerous lols from this post

1st grade (seriously first grade) in a small town in the south, and this 3rd grader kept telling me he was going to kill me. he was huge, easily 9 feet tall and 400lbs by 1st grade standards. he would see me in the hall or at recess and just tell me "i'm going to kill you". i told the recess monitor multiple times "he said hes gonna kill me :smith:" and she would keep telling me i was making things up or some poo poo, i don't really remember

anyway the day he finally tried to fulfill his wish, he decided to do it while i was in the loving big wooden jungle gym, i think because it was the closest thing to somewhere he couldnt be seen from?

i ended up just bolting off the platform right next to the rotating letters thing, between it and the slide. i ran all the way to my class room with a bloody knee.

apparently he managed to jam his arm between the letters somehow and was stuck there just yelling until some teacher figured it out.

e: i should point out, to this day i have no idea why that guy hated me so much. i ended up moving out of state like, a month later. we may never know.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

When karate was popular in the late 80's and I was still little
I forgot my headgear for sparring against a bigger kid and the coach specifically told him NOT to kick at my head
He did.
I executed an absolutely PERFECT leg-sweep toward his round house kick and knocked him on his rear end.

hurf-durf I karate kid'd a dude as a tot. Come at me.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Sep 9, 2020

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

A couple years ago I got jumped outside of an after-hours bar in Detroit and got nerve damage in my face and get weird numbness in my teeth.

I've been in a couple fights but I don't really want to talk about them.

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015

1redflag posted:

Several. Not much good has come from it, tbh

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

The Human Crouton posted:

No one has ever dared challenge me.
I challenge you to freestyle.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I was a deeply depressed and anxious youth when I was in high school and once I got over my fear of being hit + realized that throwing a punch meant a week off from school I got into many, many fights.

I ended up home schooled my senior year. My tutor was a pretty blonde lady in her early 20s who wore Phish shirts. I got all A's and B's my senior year instead of the C's and D's that were typical of me throughout most of my school years, mostly because I would have done anything to make her smile at me.

For someone who was such a huge loving mess as a teen (throwing some punches doesn't even begin to scratch the surface) I think I've turned into an almost appallingly chill and passive adult.

Which is good cuz I wasn't much of a fighter.

oh and just to clarify I'm still deeply depressed and anxious, I just stay home now instead of going out and doing dumb poo poo

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Do actual wars count?

Star Me Kitten
Aug 10, 2020

GORDON posted:

Do actual wars count?

Sure, man.

Lady Jaybird
Jan 23, 2014

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Punched a dude in 9th grade cause he wouldn't stop picking on me. He stopped surprisingly

Mrs. Sexual
Feb 3, 2020
Stabbed a dude in ‘82

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Gut punched a kid in 4th grade because he kept calling me fat. I was fat but it felt really good to knock his scrawny rear end off the desk he was sitting on. He never bothered me again and my dad took me out for tacos that night.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Literally every event in my life that would parse at all like a fight has been over with a single punch, now that I think of it*

Not that either I nor the other guys involved were somehow superheroes. It just never escalated beyond that. The first time I ever actually hit anyone in the face was in 8th grade. The shittiest kid in class would... He would... gleek on me (not gonna explain, too funny now wondering if that was a regional or era-specific term or both). He was probably 5', and I was nearly 6' already. But I was also very obviously passive both by reputation and appearance. Except apparently my tolerance for stupid junior high abuse was suddenly and permanently reached that day, as after he got me once in class, I told him to stop, but he went to do it again, so I literally turned and punched him in the face and he fell off his chair. There is, like, no way the teacher did not hear and/or figure out what happened, yet somehow, perhaps because he did not retaliate, and was not bleeding, and because the teachers all had to know that kid was a piece of poo poo, she did absolutely nothing. Except continued teaching us how to make an imitation Orange Julius or whatever the day's Home Economics project was

Later that same day, the jock who sometimes tripped me in P.E. when we ran laps around the gym dutifully tripped me as we ran laps around the gym. I got up and ran at him and punched him hard enough to shove him into the bleachers he was running past. Again, the teachers had to have seen this, but nothing happened. It may also be relevant that I was temporarily relocating to another country not long after that so the teachers might have thought I was trying to get suspended to spend my last week or so at home; little did they know I had just 100% snapped or gone through puberty all in one morning or something

In 10th grade or so I punched our shittiest friend in the face once when he had spent an entire lunch break at McDonald's making fun of the rest of us. And in college punched our second-shittiest friend in the shoulder (the face is SO secondary school) when he would not stop yelling as I tried to order at a McDonald's drive-through. Something about that time seemed particularly dumb to me to the point that I never hit anyone again, though. I should be thankful that my experiences with violence are 100% confusingly one-sided.

*Unless you count the time fellow Goon Rooster Brooster and I tried to fight in 6th grade and it just involved one of us sitting on the other for 15 minutes.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I’ve been in a few but they’ve all ended up in crying and hugging. It’s like the passion makes people sensitive. :shrug:

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
against adults ive 1-hand lifted a guy up by his throat before and last year i shoved a guy spun him around and perfectly put him in what i later learned is called a half nelson. neither of these resulted in a real fight

when i was in middle school i made acquaintances/brief friends with a guy who wasnt brought up very well and one day wanted to fight or wrestle or something on his front lawn for fun. that was like the only real scuffle ive been in and i dont remember how i won but it was easy and he was so disappointed i almost felt guilty. like maybe he thought he was really good at fighting. i dont remember if ive ever actually punched anyone or been punched in a fight but it probably wouldve been that one

*a pimp once thought the sound of my breathing while i was bicycling was me saying something under my breath and it occurred to me that he could possibly shoot at me so i stopped and politely said "i didnt say anything sir" and he walked over and back-handed me in the ear

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

In like the sixth grade I went to go take a piss and when I came back to the class some loving idiot screams out that I didn't tell the teacher I went to the bathroom then decide to punched me for some loving idiot reason. All I remember is blacking out then him on the ground crying. Then I started crying because I was a dumb kid who just wrecked another kid and felt all that adrenaline.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Barely ever been in a real fight. Never actually landed a punch.

The closest I came was as a teen, where me and some dude started a fight over what I'm sure was something incredibly stupid. We grappled, and I did this huge windup gut punch, which never actually connected. Our coats were hanging and topsy turvy, so no one actually saw that the punch never connected. Right as I whiffed the punch though, the other guy slid in the mud and fell over, and gave up at that point after being slathered in it. Everyone thought I was some one-punch fightman hero though, and I rode that wave of popularity for a few years, all based on a fight that barely happened, and a punch that never connected.

Perception is real, the truth is not.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
My most vivid memory of a fight is waking up to the ambulance. Broken nose, broken ribs, lots of cuts all over my face. Outside a bar and everyone was very drunk. It was not a good night. People die in fights like that so I got lucky.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I did backyard wrestling in highschool in the mid-late 90's when that was starting to be a thing, with my friends and learned to give and take a chair shot, gone through a table, and 'fake' fight of all kinds which still hurts a great deal, you're just doing it for fun and know what's coming.
It doesn't count as fighting at all but it's still fuckin' around in a way that gets people hurt so there ya go.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

The last ‘fight’ I got into was me sitting on a bench and some crackhead approaching me asking if I had coke. He wouldn’t take no for an answer and basically beat me within an inch of my life. I can only remember waking up and standing up off the floor which happened a few times, then came to with him choking me out in the middle of the road trying to throw me in front of moving cars. Turns out he was stamping on my head and neck whenever I went down which would explain why I barely remember much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

maybe you should have given him that coke you dumb fucker