Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

WTF is calculus fly away nerds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I know one person irl who is a literal rocket scientist and he is absolutely dumb as a brick in everything but his chosen field

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Aren't the Lions a trendy darkhorse pick every year since Stafford started

Unrelatedly I don't understand how Bill O'Brien keeps holding on other then his boss is Bill O'Brien

sharknado slashfic fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Sep 25, 2020

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Giants should all be fired down to the locker room attendants.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Parallelwoody posted:

I'm thinking again of the move from caldwell to patricia and I'm having trouble even figuring out the thought process other than "he was a patriot."

I'll save you some time, it's that.

For a real answer, John Harbaugh came in and *allegedly* irritated a bunch of veteran players because Billick (the previous coach) had a notoriously easy camp. But he turned out to be actually good, the Ravens won a lot except against the Steelers in the playoffs, and a couple of those players were hall of famers and they won a superbowl and he seems like he's chilled a bit, but he also has a pedigree to point to if Joe the fifth round pick thinks camp is too hard.

Although he does get fined a lot for CBA infractions during the offseason which is mildly funny.

And Bernard Pollard still takes sad shots at him on twitter sometimes.

sharknado slashfic fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Sep 27, 2020

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I love the thought of BoB sitting there making a pros and cons list about whether he should fire himself

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

You're going to summon kawalimus

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I appreciate them going stealth so we won't have to see them play

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

a neat cape posted:

Who the gently caress is Calvin Pryor

A defensive back

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Maybe it was a condition of Watson signing an extension

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Congrats Lions fans, now you can hire your next bad coach and gm.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Some good posts on this page

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I hope the bengals hire marvin

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Ehud posted:

If I was Deshaun and my team hired Brian Schottenheimer as HC, I would immediately demand a trade

He deliberately hitched his wagon to the BOB Texans so his decision making is suspect at best

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I don't think Stef should get it for merely being competent enough to make a team with a lot of good players good. On the other hand, they are Browns.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

ShakeZula posted:

Manic Monday is better than Walk Like an Egyptian, but it's not as good as Eternal Flame.

Yeah this

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Diva Cupcake posted:

This was from Breer so the accuracy of the online sites might be in question.
https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/1300799115538960384

That Gruden contract never ceases to amuse

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

It would be extremely funny if he was told to tank and then was thrown immediately under the bus before the bus was even started

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Why would...what...what?

What

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

If it's not on video the nfl doesn't care, I thought this was known since ray rice

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Bad organizations continue to make bad decisions and remain bad, it's nice to have something you can rely on in these troubled times

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Grittybeard posted:

I'm not entirely sure how much of a win this is for Pats fans.

I'll have to look up whoever Rutgers current head coach is when Belichick decides to hang it up.

I have funny news for you

dammit, beaten.

Anyway I'm unclear what the ravens dl has done in the last 5 years that makes the coach desirable but uh go jags I guess?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

wooger posted:

There’s no need for violence.

We're uh...you know what sport we're watching right?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Pleased that the annual raiding of the Ravens defensive coaches continues as is tradition

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I'm still confused by the Urban Meyer thing. I'm aware of his college accomplishments but it feels like some kind of "think outside the box" idea where owners start outhinking themselves.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2021/01/21/detroit-lions-dan-campbell-anti-gay-apology-texas-a-m/6656964002/

quote:

Campbell was a 22-year-old senior at Texas A&M when he spoke at a pep rally for about 40,000 fans before a game against rival Texas in 1998. After expressing hatred for the Longhorns, Campbell said he was proud to attend a university where “men like women and women like men.”

On one hand it was 20 years ago and a lot of us are different then we were 20 years ago, on the other hand its going to take some convincing that this particular guy has changed how he feels about The Gays

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

He's back baby

https://twitter.com/jeffzrebiec/status/1352661742174744585

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

pasaluki posted:

Oh man please Leslie Frazier.
I think he's a fine coach but those 2 third round picks?

*mouth waters uncontrollably*
I just came here to post this about Culley, although I am not sure that he's a fine coach

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Puppy Bowl posted:

You can keep the picks. Getting Dave Culley off the Ravens in itself would be a godsend. A sub replacement level coach in that spot would undoubtedly be an upgrade.

Orrrrr we could take two thirds for nothing

https://twitter.com/jamisonhensley/status/1354623546631348224

Imagine hiring the ravens PASSING coordinator

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

How do the Texans keep getting funnier

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

If you google "pep hamiltion christian" nothing comes up so I'm not sure I believe this

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Puppy Bowl posted:

That's the point. Hell, after Culley got hired by the Texans Baltimore replaced him with two black coaches at WR coach and passing game coordinator. I'd bet the two 3rd round picks they're getting from Culley influenced that somewhat.

The system works!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

BlindSite posted:

I think something that's kind of overlooked a little bit too is that an NFL headcoach is in charge of over a hundred people and it's also why coaches often don't make good GMs. That's a lot of people to be responsible for and there has to be a level of trust when it comes to who you choose to be in charge of the smaller groupings. You're obviously going to naturally gravitate to a known quantity rather than taking someone who you've never worked with before. I'm not saying this is a justification for not looking to fill the assistant roles under guys you trust with people you may be unfamiliar with but I think a lot of what can be chalked up to as nefariousness is also done simply because people don't think "who can I give an opportunity to" and more "oh god, I don't want to gently caress this up who do I know that can at least do the job.

It makes sense as to why someone might hire their son, or someone they came up under as an assistant to be their defensive coordinator for example rather than someone they've otherwise never met or worked with. A lot of people raised questions about Rhule brining along Phil Snow to be his DC when he was hired because he's simply not that storied as a coordinator, but he's someone Rhule knows won't second guess him, will be loyal and is basically just a known quantity.

Conversely Rivera when he came to Carolina kept Ron Meeks (the former defensive coordinator) on board as his DB coach wanting to keep some continuity but had to fire him (I believe mid season) because there was a significant amount of white anting and second guessing going on behind the scenes.

I don't know how you address that or combat that but there's 0 way you can tell coaches you can't hire people you trust.

Tldr

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)