Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is it better than living mas
yes
no
beige
goku
View Results

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Stopped at a DT in Porterville, CA on the way back from Sequioa national park.

It was the best Del Taco I've ever eaten bar none. The fries were perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

skooma512 posted:

Stopped at a DT in Porterville, CA on the way back from Sequioa national park.

It was the best Del Taco I've ever eaten bar none. The fries were perfect.

Sequoia goodness seeping into the fries.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

One of the Del Tacos near me is testing these "Puffy" Tacos

Pretty bland bread tbh (the fries were bad as well but that's on par for this location)

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Hm so like Indian frybread tacos. Yeah that seems like it would be pretty hard to do in a chain.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Deal for a free Epic burrito today. Wish I lived near a del taco...

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
please go away shrimp tacos i don't trust del taco's (theoretical) cross contamination protocols

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Jack in the Box has gotten their clutches into Del Taco and nerfed the combo menu

❌ Del Beef Burrito Combo dropped the taco. Burrito only
❌ Quesadilla combo dropped the taco (but added chicken/carne asada to the quesadilla)
❌ ALL spicy jack cheddar cheese is gone. RIP Spicy Jack chicken quesadillas
❌ Crispy chicken tacos gone
❌ Double Del Cheeseburger now relagated to late item on the menu. I swear if they get rid of this one...

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Oh you fuckers Jack Quesdillas where the best part

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I saw the Del Taco nearest to me was marked as now being 24 hours (like it used to be, they dropped it like 10 years ago and just put tape on the 24 hours on the sign and someone eventually broke that part of the sign which I thought was funny) and I was going to praise Jack but I went by and they actually were closed and it wasn't even midnight yet and they used to stay open until 2:00 on Fridays, theoretically (I've gone by and had them say they are closed at like 12:05).

They dropped the chicken soft taco from combo 14 which sucks in the sense of losing things but that was honestly borderline too much food and I saved the taco for later unless I hadn't eaten all day or something.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
i liked those disgusting chicken tender tacos but they really were just a vehicle for the hot sauce.

getting rid of spicy jack is a step too far though.

also I see the macho combo burrito is now an epic burrito? is it bigger now? it was a pretty hefty chonker to start with.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Tacos with....french fries?

Do they not have nacho chips or something?

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

pro starcraft loser posted:

You obviously don’t “get” Del Taco

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

tetsuo posted:

i liked those disgusting chicken tender tacos but they really were just a vehicle for the hot sauce.

getting rid of spicy jack is a step too far though.

also I see the macho combo burrito is now an epic burrito? is it bigger now? it was a pretty hefty chonker to start with.

No they just renamed it. I think they’re moving away from the “macho” branding completely.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Hahah this guy

----------------

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
They have various forms of nachos if you want them but the fries are good, with especially with queso or chili or stuffed in to whatever burrito you order. I'm very much not a fries person but they are actually one of the few places I generally get them on purpose rather than it just being easier to order a combo with them in it.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

You can sub nachos for the fries if you ask but I don't remember it being advertised, I think it's just something they allow if you bring it up, but maybe it says it somewhere not super obvious. Or at least they used to, I haven't been there in a while, the closest one is just far enough away that there's a ton of closer places near me so I don't even think about it unless I happen to be in the area.

The nachos they give you in place of fries is just tortilla chips and queso sauce, nothing special, but if you are adverse to the admittedly odd combo of tacos or a burrito with fries, it's an option. Again I haven't been there since Jack bought them, so maybe it's not a thing anymore, but I've done it multiple times in the past.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
The fries being weird is a you and that guy thing, it's pretty standard for Baja Style mexican food.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Yeah, fries with a burrito sounds pretty good. My mind went directly to a crunchy taco, and assuming the price is similar, I'd much rather have another taco than fries.

amaguri
Mar 27, 2010
Del's queso is the best in the biz

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Finally had one of the new tortas today, the BLT chicken one.

Absolute salty chungus of a sandwich, maybe I’m getting older but it was just a bit too much for me personally.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Should've bought them mayonnaise chicken tacos instead

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I had a carne asada torta and it also was on the salty side. But I am not much of a salt liker which probably is strange for someone who eats as much fast food as I do.

Womblemania
Sep 4, 2022

by Hand Knit
apparently one of these is close by? Might have to do a trip report.

----------------

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Womblemania posted:

apparently one of these is close by? Might have to do a trip report.

If you are trying Del Taco for the first time, it's good, but don't go in with super high expectations. I'm sure someone has strong opinions and will disagree, but in general it might sound obvious but it's roughly Taco Bell quality for their taco and burrito type stuff, and maybe, I don't know, Jack in the Box out of lack of better ideas for a comparison for their burgers and that type of stuff, though they definitely are their own thing.

Someone else might put it better but basically what I am saying is go in with fast food level expectations, because that's what it is, but personally I enjoy it every once in a while. I like the Del Scorcho sauce, it has some kick but isn't quite as hot as the name might lead you to believe (I'm not one of those people who never seem to act like anything is hot), but tastes very of course especially when it comes to spicy heat levels.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

You go on a Thursday and buy a shitload of the mayonnaise chicken tacos, can't go wrong

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Del Taco definitely is a place that generates a wide variety of opinions on it. Possibly because they're really trying to do a wide variety of things. Most of the things they've done over the past five years have been to move parts of the menu closer to what Baja-style is today as opposed to what it was in like the 60s but they've also left most of their old stuff on the menu too. I think it's mostly been for the positive although their old yellow cheese was probably better than their queso. It's definitely very fast food style though for sure.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Bring back the pepper Jack quesadillas you bastards and I swear to god you better not stop fresh shredding the cheese or this relationship is over.

----------------

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Me and some friends had the tortas when they were introduced late last year and they seriously gave us the runs.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Had two of the Chipotle Chicken Rollers for lunch today and man what an underrated item

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
My local Del Taco somehow has very good tomatoes at the moment. Like almost as good as fresh off the vine. Makes no sense.