Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.
I was out working on art poo poo most of the night and when I refreshed my open tabs I got a lil' nervous that the lols had ended.
I ran through the greatest hits pages at the beginning of the thread like snorting lines of melancholy nostalgia, but when I got to Iakona's post, I knew that lols were back on the menu for good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

fishing with the fam posted:

I wonder what it's like in the center of the sun right now. Probably pretty nice.

'S hot this time of year.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

chaosbreather posted:

yo i was thinking, Q is some *chan poster right? His authenticity determined by nothing more than a public hash? So the only thing preventing someone from impersonating him and controlling the entire thing is a dictionary attack, a hash collision, software exploit, physical access, broad MITM or just pressuring the server staff. it seems easy for state sponsored actors, but a lot of that is doable by a kid with a laptop.

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

I think it's already been confirmed that someone guessed Q's password and took over the account a while ago.

I can't find it, but I swear there was a post where someone jacked the Q account or whatever and posted a long diatribe about how Q was just made up poo poo, it's not real, look I even took over the Q account to prove to you it isn't real, and QAnoners were like "This is a test, we must have faith! wwgagagewwweawea!"

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Weddings are only legally binding as long as the officiant is alive, so now that lady has to get divorced.

J/K, she's a white well-off woman, she's getting divorced soon, anyway.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

kazr posted:

parked in a no parking zone

Build that fence around it.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Oscar Wild posted:

Sorry, there was a gathering of proud boys in delta Park near Portland Oregon. The cops sre doing the bare minimum right now.

Proud Boys taking the plates off their cars so they don't get doxxed, then? Is that what this is?

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

I often refer to Democrats as "Republican Lite" in the presence of my CHUD dad, and he just gets so mad. It's fun. But then I'll back him into a debate corner and force him to admit that he's a loving fascist but powerless to make any of his authoritarian dreams come true, and I guess now the joke's on me.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Fallows posted:

so trump bad, democarts bad... i have my ballot here and im so conflicted

Eat the ballot.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Zurtilik posted:

HOPE HICKS KILLS HICK'S HOPE!

I lol'd.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Corona virus gonna kill a second Trump.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Zugzwang posted:

so quick you won't believe it

You're right.

I won't.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Want to believe Matt is super into catgirl culture and leftist catgirls are always dragging him for being a problematic catgirl on Twitter.

He's a Republican, he has no culture.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Fame Douglas posted:

That's not a thing in most of the world.

I'm in the midwest, and it's absolutely a thing in at least three of the hospitals in my city.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

StarkRavingMad posted:

I know it's low hanging fruit to just make fun of someone's appearance but holy poo poo

https://twitter.com/ScottPresler/status/1313593902490943490?s=20

really trying to land somewhere between "scam televangelist" and "car salesman"

Every time I see this kid, it makes me think about cutting my hair.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Bad Purchase posted:

so what's everyone's guess for who tests pos tomorrow?

Barr.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

All Harris had to do was point out that Pence was head of the Coronavirus Taskforce, and did such a good job crafting a safe response that his own boss contracted the virus.

But, no.

Nope.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

What's the story about Trump committing Campaign Finance Violations by writing his campaign checks with borrowed personal funds? Is that a thing, or just some poo poo my lib-conspiracy friends are posting about on Facebook?

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

This is what I was after, I think.

EDIT: I'm dumb, the thing I was chasing was a big nothingburger from 2016 about a loan/campaign payment from a guy named Ruffin.

Obsidianheart fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Oct 11, 2020

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

A friend of mine told me this gentleman is dating Rosario Dawson, so I seethe with envy, yet afford him a begrudging respect.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

BrigadierSensible posted:

edit: How is Tiffany doing? you never hear anything about her. Is she just quietly enjoying the Ivy League education bought for her by Trump? Or does she not suck up enough to her narcissistic father to warrant a public mention?

Ivanka wished her happy birthday on Twitter.

And tagged the wrong person.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

BrigadierSensible posted:

Is being a registered democrat, (or republican) like being a party member? Do you have to pay party dues/fees? Can you be a registered democrat and a member of the republican party at the same time?

Coz that would be a good way top gently caress with polls. Register as a Rep. but vote Dem. so afterwards they wonder why their polling was so wrong.

Sorry again for the simple/naive questions about the US party system. It just seems so weird and different to me.

I have a good friend who is a registered Republican, but votes exclusively for Democrats. He uses his Republican party registration to vote in primaries for the candidate he feels is the weakest locally.

I don't get it, either.

EDIT: I was registered as an Independent for a long time, and until a decade ago it meant I wasn't allowed to vote in either primary or some local elections.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Pick posted:

That's a strategic vote and the strategy is relevant. If this were done in large numbers, it could be used to sabotage the opposite party.

Yes, but the "In large numbers" part would never happen in my blood red State.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

I tried to edit a post to include that I used to be registered as an Independent and it locked me out of either primary in my state until about 10 years ago, and I wasn't allowed to vote in some locel elections either, but I dunno where that went, sorry.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Pick posted:

I mean, sure. The only single circumstance I can think of where that might've had an effect is, like... in the Alabama Senate race with Roy Moore. Where literally any single other Republican, even a random citizen, would've been more electable and they lost a race that should not have been losable.

Yeah. He does it in Senate races where the non-incumbent has no hope of winning (against Snowball Inhofe, as it were) as some kind of 'protest vote'. I see the motive, but feel like he's throwing himself into a wall.

He tried to get a chud to start a fight with us at Ihop tonight, and it almost worked, so he might be more politically savvy than I give him credit for.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

GolfHole posted:

"how could we let donald trump be elected president"

is the title of the american experiment for the next 100 years

Germany seemed to always have an apologetic stance about their foreign relations presence, and I always assumed it was just a "Hey, no matter how good we recover from it, we're gonna be the 'Hitler Country' forever," but I feel like now, since the US has a newer global embarrassment for the world to laugh at, some of the scrutiny's going to be taken off them.

The United States of America will never again lead the free world, because no matter what strides to unite nations in endeavors both humanitarian and economic, all someone has to do is say "Yeah, but remember when you guys elected Donald loving Trump?" and all our credibility will be imploded like his properties should be.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Strong Sauce posted:

i spent the whole day playing train video game instead of looking at trump news. the first thing i hear about coming out of this is there's some hunter biden sex tape.

back to the video game. later!

Hey, what game?

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Grondoth posted:

The dems can't gently caress around anymore.

But...

They will.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

feelix posted:

what could it possibly be actually accomplishing though? Like who bothers to go to a Trump rally but not to vote?

Felons.

EDIT: Whoops, I didn't see how far behind in the thread I was.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

apatheticman posted:

Civil war no..

Increasing frequency of domestic terror attacks yes.

It's this.

And the ones branded 'terrorist' will depend entirely on the news outlet covering it.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Virginia Slams posted:

I'm surprised a dude like Tucker hasn't been beaten in the streets by now.
I'd love for him to get "What's the Frequency, Kenneth?"d.

Pick posted:

tucker got the word from murdoch that there's more money to be made from trump losing
Yeah, it's this.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

I'm having such a hard time keeping up. I feel like a loose panel on the outside of a rocket.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Holy gently caress it shouldn't be this close.

Also, lot of states calling it now seems to undermine the whole "mail in ballot" poo poo.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Google's map seems to have stopped updating, not showing a lot of the calls itt.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Gentlemen. Ladies. Goons.
These times have been dark, but this thread has helped me through it.
We're not done, but this week has been such an insane ride, that I just wanted to say:

Thank all of you for these threads.

Except those chuds in the early days, those guys can fall in a loving hole.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

muscles like this! posted:

Does she not have feet?

Sold them to fetishists to pay for her other plastic surgeries.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Palpek posted:

Trump openly sentencing New Yorkers to death out of spite just before he goes back to New York as a non-President in a couple of months is a loving lol.

He's not going back to NY, he's a Florida Man now.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

WTF is '808' in Hawaii?

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

StarkRavingMad posted:

they're really into sex with old roland drum machines

This is what I assumed.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Hobo Clown posted:

Someone just started setting off fireworks in my neighborhood. Trump dead?

I've got a bunch going off near me, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Pick posted:

wtf, I purchased the union-made "no meowlarkey" cat collar, and despite appreciating the robustness of American made products, and flattering projections of my American-made cat, this collar is clearly like... person sized??

Didn't someone say you're like, super-tiny though? I forget.

EDIT: Sorta beaten.