Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

sleater-cummy posted:

the first thing i noticed was different in mario 64 was that if mario gets far enough away from the "camera" it switches to his low-detail model. but something about the way the camera zooms out in the fight with king bob-omb makes it happen when the camera is way closer so you can really see that crappy model. i love stuff like that

Yeah it’s especially noticeable now because of the higher resolution. It’s pretty funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Galaxy looks spectacular in HD

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Nostradingus posted:

It's absolutely mandatory

This.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

tao of lmao posted:

*looks at gangtags* WHAT ARE THOOOOSE?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Skylark posted:

Omg, super flattering!! 😊 "Tiny-"Huge thanks to Sam Silverscuttlebug at NYT for the write-up!

drat... ‘grats Skylark

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

does the gamecube controller usb adapter work lol

Nope

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Does anyone else think that the Ice Statue boss from Sand Kingdom was by far the hardest boss in Mario Odyssey? I think I died on the rematch in the post game more than 10 times...lol

The Olmec head dude? Yeah I remember dying a lot to him in the post game

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Skylark posted:

Edit they also added Gamecube controller support to Sunshine so you can use the analog shoulder buttons etc. Pog!

W

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I vote World mostly out of nostalgia since I played it to death as a kid but it's a really tough call. Both are godlike

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Cubone posted:

super mario bros. 3 and super mario world are fundamentally the same game perfected under two opposite philosophies towards player experience: world wants you to explore and enjoy it, 3 wants you to get stronger and defeat it

your preference indicates which philosophy you respond to more, and hence who you are as a person. this is why there can never be peace

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

3 has more variety for sure. The stages are so short and they’re always mixing things up

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I really like that every single stage music in SMW is the same basic melody in different arrangements

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I actually really like the All-Stars redesign of 3 because they kept all the sprites exactly the same but added more color. 2 is the biggest improvement overall though

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

You can do all the motion controls with the Pro Controller too. It's really handheld mode that makes it awkward

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Odyssey kicks major rear end

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Mario is my friend.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

NienNunb posted:

How do we feel about Wario here?

He's good OP.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I didn't like Odyssey enough to get through Darkest Side, unfortunately. I would have done it with some checkpoints, even if they were sparse, but I kept getting annoyed with the lava jumping stuff and gave up.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Awesome Interactions of Game

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Now wha-hoo what they told ya

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Some of those that stomp goombas
Are the same that burn koopas

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

*gamer mom reluctantly closing the monster hunter app now that the Mario Party son is calling* oh, haha. so good to talk to you, love this game. bowser is such a riot.

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Gamer mom forcing a smile when her son gets her an 8bitdo SN30 Pro instead of the SN30 Pro 2 for Mother’s Day

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

extremebuff posted:

I apologize for my recent unprompted "joke" where I claimed it was unfortunate that a minor glitch corrected itself. I will continue striving to preserve the integrity of this page,

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

b_d posted:

happy birthday to mario 64, and not as much but still a happy birthday to symbolic.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Imagine if today was also GameMaster Anthony's birthday.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sub-Actuality posted:

Bring it in guys!

*Sonic and Mario 64 come in for a HUGE party & symbolic waits in the hall*

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

net cafe scandal posted:

Bigger and stronger of spirit. Not meant to be taken literally.

How can you expect anyone to trust you about Nintendo anymore.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Me and the other infraceptor watch haver in class playing dungeons and demons

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I had a pen that was a Yak Bak. Hey remember Yak Bak?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Ruffini posted:

Jedi Knight Luigi

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Cyrillic? Why is Putin hiding the truth from us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

drat that's a big Bill.