Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
Reminds me of how the NES was mostly heat sink as well unless my memory is playing tricks on me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

MarcusSA posted:

BC matters significantly more now that people have larger digital libraries of current generation games. This is the first real digital generation and moving forward it’s going to keep mattering more and more.

Also I feel like I have multiple ps4 games I didn't give a fair shake to because of load times and there are multiple games that run terribly on a base ps4 that I might try on a ps5 even if they don't get an official ps5 version.

I guess there are live games that will continue into ps5 but progress will not transfer if you go to Xbox next Gen for instance

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Vikar Jerome posted:

Uhh greg miller of kinda funny games uploaded his ps5 walkthrough of the UI and, finally, TOTAL TIME PLAYED FOR GAMES EVEN PS4.

Its all on the profile page, in games and you can see friends too, you can also see your screenshot tweets

What if you'd rather not know?

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Isn't it the ultimate edition bonus of 3?

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Ineffiable posted:

Kinda looks like yakuza like a dragon will be seperate trophy list for ps4 and ps5.

And no man's sky is a new list on ps5. We can earn no man's sky trophies again!

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised because this is part of the reason saves aren't compatible etc. Ps5 and ps4 versions are mostly considered completely different skus. Its a growing pains issue that's more of a pain now if and when people want to play both versions. (I'm just settling for waiting where ps5 versions are coming late. It not like I don't have massive backlog)

I'm really hoping they sell a ps5 upgrade for Spiderman separately at some point. I never got chance to play much of it before they announced the ps5 version. I dont want to pay for the expensive version of miles morales to play it

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

It looks like ups might have hosed up and now my tracking number says "delay". Tripped on the final hurdle :doh:

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

Oh noooo

Fingers still crossed but it ain’t looking good.

Similar to me but it says it's delayed / didn't arrive to the ups facility as scheduled :(

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Looks like ups may have lost my ps5, no update beyond it hasn't arrived to the ups sorting facility early this morning.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Yeah I'm just venting, I'm not too worried at least until end of day tomorrow. It's funny since it started less than an hour away at an Amazon warehouse yesterday afternoon. Yet they still paid for next day air with ups

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Am I the only one who thinks the rumble etc feel a bit weak? I don't dislike it I just expected the haptic etc to be stronger.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Has anyone else tried Spelunky 2 on it? It looked very blurry compared to what it looked like on my base p4 (on the same TV etc)

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Old hat at this point but man the ps4 vs 5 in the store and on the console sucks. I'm still not sure if I'm downloading the ps5 version of mk 11 or not. It first tried to download both for some reason. I had to cancel both of them and then try to pick the one that seemed more likely

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Impulse bought no man's sky since its on sale after seeing how fast it loads on ps5. Even though it's probably not for me even if it is supposedly much better than it was on its maligned launch.

But the loading...

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Apparently this extends to preorder as well. The puyo puyo Tetris 2 preorder let's you schedule preloading both the ps4 and ps5 version but there is literally no way to know which is which. Its a text only interface that just shows the title.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 unlocked and so far it's really similar to the first one. Even in terms of outside the basic game play. Kind of feel suckered that I bought this

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Gutcruncher posted:

Based on the trailers it looks like the exact same game plus one new mode. Is that correct?

I of course preordered it even thinking it’s the same game plus one new mode. I’m an idiot but also in love with this darned game.

I own a physical jp copy of the first before they finally released an English ps4 version which I bought as well (waited until a sale but still). So this feels like a 3rd copy of the same game.

That's what my first impression is from the about 15 min I played tonight. Maybe it's higher res, the adventure mode is new but feels like it's going to be similar to the old one I never beat (but apparently it's a continuation of the story somehow with the old amnesia chestnut), and other than that maybe there are a handful of other subtle changes. The unlockable skins are literally the same but there might be a few new default ones. Like a pretty bad sonic themed puyo skin (that does spit out rings during your combos which is something)

I haven't touched the new mode and I'm not sure there are many options for it offline anyways? Maybe it's built for online, but it looks like you start with only a few of the playable characters and all at lvl 1.

There might be different playable characters (if so not many, not counting the 6 or so unlockable ones which might end up aligning with the old unlockable)

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Something like that happens to me a the time I think with my TV. (I'm not positive though it was mainly happening on my ps4 when mk 11 was the only hdr thing I regularly tried). It would just make everything look incredibly washed out.

The solution usually was to reboot the ps4 and tv with the knowledge that just turning it on and off wasnt enough (actually just puts TV in sleep mode. Has to go through the menus to find the restart. On my set you know it did if it takes far too long to turn on)

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Apparently the front facing tile for puyo puyo Tetris 2 has to be the ps4 version even if I only have the ps5 version installed (I have to use the 3 dots every time I want to play it)

Am I just doing something horribly wrong? This seems bad even for this legendary ui.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

I think dungeon of the endless doesn't work on ps5 (anymore?). I bought it because of the semisequel announcement plus it being on sale. Kind of a bummer

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

I've been playing it for the first time lately. It's not good but I've gotten at least 10 hours of fun out of it so far. Well "fun". The same way musou and other mindless games can be when you arent in the mood to think.

Plus little things like finding a huge wrecked spaceship for the first time or a broken ship that outclasses yours by alot but practically all the slots need repairing.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Chaotic Flame posted:

Glad you're enjoying it! More people should play it honestly

Yeah, I finally tried it this weekend and it's more fun than I expected. I think that it was originally announced as a full price game will be its unintentional downfall unless they managed to continue to add things to it.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Is Clap Hanz affected? I just want ps5 Everybody's Golf :cry:

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

ZeeBoi posted:

Also Destruction Allstars is $20 when it goes on sale after leaving the free slot on PS Plus lol

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/02/25/next-on-destruction-allstars-featured-playlists-challenge-series-and-more/

I wonder if the reception would have been warmer in the beginning of the month if that was known?

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Instead of playing Outriders, why not play the classic Konami run and gun arcade hit Sunset Riders

Namco's Outfoxies + Konami's Sunset Riders = Outriders?

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Electromax posted:

Advent Children
Before Crisis
Crisis Core
Dirge of Cerberus
Ever Crisis

I think we can safely predict the name of the second remake part now:
F Crisis

I can't wait for Incredible Crisis to come back

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

The actual ps5 version is forthcoming around the time of the sequels launch right?

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Wait, days gone is in the free with ps5 collection already? I feel dumb (not that I was rushing to play it, I just honestly didn't remember it being there. Goes to how much I used that perk)

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

I'll probably download battlegrounds to play it once to laugh at how bad it is and then delete

Rough month

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

RandolphCarter posted:

I can’t believe I’m such a dumb dumb

Glad I'm not crazy and fade to black actually exists.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

mcmagic posted:

What about all the new PSN+ games like the Yakuza series?

Mid-month is when the other ps plus tier games get updated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

The Walrus posted:

gently caress the haters, this looks like Monkey Island.

It may not come to Playstation unfortunately. At the very least timed switch console exclusive.