Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

kitten emergency posted:

i mean, in an actual emergency situation, duh? this isn’t an emergency situation, this is a “whoops we hosed up” situation.

so what do you think should happen right now if all those nurses decide to retire today and not work for anyone anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

fart simpson posted:

so what do you think should happen right now if all those nurses decide to retire today and not work for anyone anymore

they should be forced to work for infinite hours and without pay otherwise many poor marginalized bipoc disabled people will die

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

fart simpson posted:

all nurses everywhere? they should be conscripted if the government can’t provide them. these seven? the government should send in assistance if they can’t be replaced quickly enough.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

kitten emergency posted:

i mean, in an actual emergency situation, duh? this isn’t an emergency situation, this is a “whoops we hosed up” situation.

if it's not an emergency situation then why can't they go work for the other employer?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

fart simpson posted:

they should be executed

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
what if the nurses laugh and throw the "please report to shitbutt medical on monday morning" conscription notice in the trash and go get a job at wendys

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

AnimeIsTrash posted:

they should be executed

crimes against capital, that most heinous of crimes

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i think what's most aggravating is that there are abusive and lovely managers out there - i know, i've had to deal with them - and it seems likely to me that several people up and leaving all at once means that's probably a factor here. and some shithead going "oh no, how dare they leave, they gotta tough it out until their managers unfuck the situation" (hint: they NEVER WILL) is just mind-blowingly callous

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Jonny 290 posted:

what if the nurses laugh and throw the "please report to shitbutt medical on monday morning" conscription notice in the trash and go get a job at wendys

lol nobody is hiring at wendys

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
absolutely do not even bother starting in with some hyper-literal "b-b-but we don't have evidence it's actually an abusive job environment" bullshit

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

absolutely do not even bother starting in with some hyper-literal "b-b-but we don't have evidence it's actually an abusive job environment" bullshit

yeah just like how I know all of those white vans are for child trafficking

like if you can’t argue a point without making up a guy to get mad at, then why argue it? I’m tired of talking about this because it’s a circular argument and nobody is going to agree with me and I’m not going to agree with anybody. i apologized for making some snide arguments, take y’all’s win and move the gently caress on

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

kitten emergency posted:

like if you can’t argue a point without making up a guy to get mad at, then why argue it? I’m tired of talking about this because it’s a circular argument and nobody is going to agree with me and I’m not going to agree with anybody. i apologized for making some snide arguments, take y’all’s win and move the gently caress on

your right about one thing. nobody here’s ever gonna agree with your stupid bs

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

ive never seen yospos so united

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

SmokaDustbowl posted:

lol nobody is hiring at wendys

You havent gotten out of the house much since, oh, february 2020, have you.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

fart simpson posted:

ive never seen yospos so united

you must have missed whichever stymie Jonny ran out

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

i saw that but even stymie had defenders

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Jonny 290 posted:

You havent gotten out of the house much since, oh, february 2020, have you.

stop projecting

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

kitten emergency posted:

would your position meaningfully change if it were proven beyond doubt that the managers those healthcare workers reported to were abusive?

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I wish I had a microphone so I could DJ with jonny

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

SmokaDustbowl posted:

stop projecting

What you said is one of the stupidest loving posts I've ever seen you click submit on. Just completely dumb as a stump.

It also entirely missed the point of my original post.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

would your position meaningfully change if it were proven beyond doubt that the managers those healthcare workers reported to were abusive?

how would proving that help the community?

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

yes, because then it’s about more than just money.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I wish I had a microphone so I could DJ with jonny

Jonny 290 posted:

What you said is one of the stupidest loving posts I've ever seen you click submit on. Just completely dumb as a stump.

It also entirely missed the point of my original post.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

i said earlier that it’s a balance, if there was a more compelling reason than just “money vs life” then it’d change my position. there’s a bunch of other things that would change it, too - if we weren’t in a pandemic and hospitals weren’t chock full of covid patients, if there was guaranteed capacity at other similarly equipped hospitals in the same area, etc etc.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Is this the current fishmac alt?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

kitten emergency posted:

yes, because then it’s about more than just money.

i've brought this up several times but it was not just the money that caused this but also explicitly about the company offering a better work life balance that made others apply

quote:

One of his colleagues received an offer from Ascension that was attractive "not just in pay but also a better work/life balance," which caused others on his team to apply, Breister wrote.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the reason they left doesnt matter in any way

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Shaggar posted:

seriously. bootlick emergency is confabulating reasons as to how a different scenario they made up could conceivably be appropriate in an equally contrived set of circumstances, completely ignoring that this is some horrifying precedent for everyone and that they're just weaving apologia out of any scraps they can grasp

they're almost definitely overpaid healthcare admin lol

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Shaggar posted:

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Shaggar posted:

i completely agree, if it isn't obvious

just pointing out that none of his arguments are consistent

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
you know what’s good for access to health care in an area? good for the community?

two hospitals within 3 miles of each other that pay good wages!

let them pay.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

mediaphage posted:

i completely agree, if it isn't obvious

just pointing out that none of his arguments are consistent

my arguments are incredibly consistent. I’m simply not driving myself insane manifesting a circuit court judges decision in Wisconsin into the entire future of American labor relations where you’re going to be frogmarched into an Applebees to serve overweight chuds their beers and sizzling fajitas or whatever.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

kitten emergency posted:

the entire future of American labor relations where you’re going to be frogmarched into an Applebees to serve overweight chuds their beers and sizzling fajitas or whatever.

this is the actual future you want tho?

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

this is the actual future you want tho?

no it isn’t, and you’re insane if you think that this case heralds that in any way. log off.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

kitten emergency posted:

no it isn’t, and you’re insane if you think that this case heralds that in any way. log off.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

kitten emergency posted:

it might not be the future you want but its the future your arguing for

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
lol i can't believe they're still going

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
the silicon valley anti poaching corporate lawyers from adobe arguing that their anti poaching agreement with apple intel and google is needed because continuity of care for adobe creative cloud is important to the community. make two of the workers go back to adobe until adobe backfills those positions (not guaranteed).

i mean, there is no medical emergency, these people can go down the road for their medical care. let the hospitals hire new employees and pay them what it takes.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

kitten emergency posted:

you must have missed whichever stymie Jonny ran out

You're trying to defend a hospital that wants to keep employees as chattel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

You're trying to defend a hospital that wants to keep employees as chattel.

they can simply choose to work for no hospital