Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
youre havana syndrome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

Beeftweeter posted:

well, at the very least they were less sloppy and uh, believable about it

that is very true, the excesses of empire have made their job harder

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

fart simpson posted:

its not tinnitus

not saying it is, saying it is possible to deal with that without melodrama

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Enderzero posted:

not saying it is, saying it is possible to deal with that without melodrama

i disagree

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

sorry, you’re joking but of course..

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

I see. on the other hand. you’re fart simpson

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Enderzero posted:

I see. on the other hand. you’re fart simpson

who else would he be

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

Cat Face Joe posted:

who else would he be

bart simpson. obviously.

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

are you trying to get us all sued???

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

:regd13:

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

havana deez nuts

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
eric adams is uniquely terrible amongst a broader group of awful mayors. truly an accomplishment

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

i mean, all he had to do was be better than rudy guiliani. that's the bar. it's so low it's below the mantle

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Beeftweeter posted:

eric adams is uniquely terrible amongst a broader group of awful mayors. truly an accomplishment

you can skip to any part of this interview from yesterday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygNe0arsAug

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1407458472875249672

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
All of Fetterman's senior communications staffers resigned at once so he'll probably be more unhinged. Wonder if his heel turn will be total, Sinema style or he's just really incredibly horned up for Israel

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Fabricated posted:

All of Fetterman's senior communications staffers resigned at once so he'll probably be more unhinged. Wonder if his heel turn will be total, Sinema style or he's just really incredibly horned up for Israel

you have to curtsy if you do a heel turn Sinema style

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

i forgot that this guy was such a lovely mayor that his wife divorced him

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

not doing poo poo as the cops take your daughter hostage for multiple years will do that

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Beeftweeter posted:

the mayor's job is to be the guy everyone in town hates

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

mediaphage posted:

arm requires licensing from a uk company. it’s not even that expensive. i sort of assume they already have companies with license agreements though so that’s also the route i assumed they might take

it doesn’t actually

everyone pretends that it does because the other option is figuring out workarounds for all of ARM’s patents on the mechanisms to get certain levels of performance when implementing certain instructions, and then having the cash (and willingness to spend it) on litigating that those workarounds don’t violate the patents

overall there’s never been such a thing as a requirement to license an instruction set itself, a number of large and important companies tried to do that fairly early on and a whole body of case law exists from their repeated failures

and how much do you think China cares about litigating a foreign entity’s patents? that’s been the deal with China ever since the “opening up,” everyone knows their IP is going to be infringed but the cost savings are too persuasive so everyone treats it as a cost of doing business and only fights it locally (eg via seizing imported infringing goods) rather than try to do anything within the Chinese legal system or by asking their government for trade sanctions etc.

as long as Chinese companies keep the infringement local and don’t try to involve the government if anything happens to “escape” the local market and gets seized, it’s just treated as the cost of making poo poo there

with the Soviet Union clones of western designs it was different, they very specifically treated the concept of “intellectual property” as incompatible with Communism—which it is—and just went ahead and directly cloned Western European and US designs because all designs really belong to the people anyway

people think it’s some sort of gotcha that the USSR’s clone of NVAX (the single-chip VAX CPU used in the VAXstation 3100) even included the Russian “when you care enough to copy the very best” text that was on the die, but it really wasn’t: their position really was that IP isn’t a thing so of course they just copied it, why shouldn’t they if it fundamentally belongs to everyone?

“Communism with Chinese Characteristics” looks more like capitalism all the time

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

my company litigates patent infringement in china

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

fart simpson posted:

my company litigates patent infringement in china

not very well!!!

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/flying_rodent/status/1774049231411593666?s=46&t=aXw7W5TiwDaOVtqp-9FOLA

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

ah yes "the trend" of "total loving catastrophe, economic and social meltdown" every uhh 10-??? years

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Beeftweeter posted:

ah yes "the trend" of "total loving catastrophe, economic and social meltdown" every uhh 10-??? years

https://twitter.com/whstancil/status/1736403013856645171

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

i wonder what things might it easier to convince people that nebulous bad others are responsible for how terrible everything is

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

the argument usually is that it flows from general despair, not economic desperation specifically (although in the us they may as well be one in the same, it is funny they both fail to note the distinction)

basically that assumes money can buy happiness and also that 30-40% of americans aren't sociopaths. both premises are wrong

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

an economic boom lmao
on par with scott walker's peace and prosperity

https://twitter.com/ScottWalker/status/1167057569795493888

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Ruffian Price posted:

an economic boom lmao

lol i completely forgot scott walker exists

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
scott walker suck on a tailpipe challenge

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Beeftweeter posted:

lol i completely forgot scott walker exists
I cannot, I lol at the wisconsin foxconn complex debacle on a regular basis

quote:

Foxconn said it would build a 20 million-square-foot LCD complex. Instead, it constructed an empty building 1/20th that size it calls the “Fab.” Records show Foxconn recently changed the intended use of the building from manufacturing to storage.

quote:

Woo said these researchers would be developing Foxconn’s “AI 8K+5G ecosystem,” something that, other than being a list of different technologies, has never been coherently explained.

especially learning that some chuds had to relocate and have their homes demolished to make space for the empty warehouse I cannot help but imagine spirits of the first nations looking on, smiling

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

the only scott walker I care about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-zgdGQB4S4

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2024/01/20/us/dei-woke-claremont-institute.html

No surprise to anyone here, but the entire anti-DEI backlash is a centrally-manufactured narrative coming out of a small handful of organizations like the Claremont Institute who are internally very hostile to the idea of anyone but white males holding power, but for some reason the media reprints their bad faith “intellectual diversity” bullshit anyway

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Mar 30, 2024

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

dei’s nutz

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

it's because the media are also morally bankrupt monsters clinging to any scrap of power they can no matter who they throw under the bus

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Ruffian Price posted:

an economic boom lmao

he should take a scott walker off a short pier

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

this country loving sucks https://www.propublica.org/article/inside-gary-indiana-lawsuit-guns-gop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through