Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

my bitter bi rival posted:

that was intolerably stupid and i’m not watching another one.

But how will you decide who to vote for?

??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

President Beep posted:

how long before the feds try and suppress unemployment numbers?

Hm, I never considered it before now, but drafting an army to invade the lawless cities of cascadia could be good for the economy.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Lansing has pretty much annual nazi parades of like 15 dudes, 800 cops and 10000 protestors.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Xaris posted:

*2000* look i know this warmongering racist isn't your first choice, sure material conditions will continue to massively deteriorate for 99% of the people but you have to vote for him because he does less racist and think of all the poors/immigrants/lgtbq/bipocs that will be irreparably harmed if the other guy wins. we'll do some good in another 4 years we promise. now is not the time to play politics this is too important. no we can't tax the rich, or give you healthcare, nor we can't stop consuming fossil fuels yet because the economy isn't stable yet, but don't worry as soon as it is we'll take care of it.

>:(

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
The democrats used trump as a weapon to hold our votes hostage. They weighed his awfulness and balanced the scale as well as they could to get the shittiest person through the primary.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I'm sorry but they're the dumbest people imaginable and so dumb that I seriously struggle to come up with any other explanation than developmental disorders.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Human colonization of space is a myth created by the military to secure funding for ICBMs in the 1960s and it isn't actually a realistic part of our future.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Fabricated posted:

Trump, for everything he has done- has revealed the cheat code to America's governmental process, which is to quite literally ignore everything and do whatever you want and say that you're doing it outloud instead of hiding it. The concealment of activities is more scandalizing to the American public than whatever it is you actually do.

This is like saying 'the secret to working on a sandcastle is to kick it'. You're right, but those methods might be specific for what conservatives want from america.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
The guy a cube over from me said one day 'i really like RATM except the political stuff.' so i confirm they exist.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

ShadowHawk posted:

She didn't get corona though

Oh thank goodness. I was worried for a moment. WEll guess I'll go to a wedding .

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Reform can win against capitalism and keep it tame but only if this requirement is met: we must spend more hours agitating for change than working at our jobs. When you go to work you earn money for companies that instantly leverage that surplus labor towards destroying protections and corrupting governments. The reason for the backslide since the new deal is that when everyone was unemployed and starving they had the "luxury" of spending more time protesting than working but today people don't feel like spending 40 hours a week promoting capitalism and then another 40 undoing the harm.

This is also why democrats and republicans both decry welfare and insist that working is some kind of honor/dignity bullshit. It makes it harder for everyone on the left to advance any useful cause.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

spankmeister posted:

It's because they think that if you just work hard enough you could also become a billionaire 100 times over. And if you tax people too much they won't be incentivized to do so! Why work hard to become a billionaire only to have the gubmint take away all your hard earned money?!

I think you're giving them too much credit assuming there is any chain of thoughts behind their beliefs.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
The bike pedal progression is lovely flats -> cleats -> flats with giant spikes. Eventually you'll grow into a set of raceface chesters or some shimano saints with the extra tall pins.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

PIZZA.BAT posted:

i love the goon tendency of some dipshit taking a post in the worst interpretation possible and then a bunch of others dog piling onto it because no one is capable of thinking

Wow didnt realize it until just now but this is exactly my opinion too.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Jonny 290 posted:

this is pretty dismissive of the flood of queer and woman gun owners that have caused the SRA to over triple in size in the past 12 months

No offense but idk if this feels like a good faith attempt to justify a cis white male suburb dweller owning 50 guns.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
It's tragic that our best comedy writers finally discovered the perfect nickname to defeat trump only 6 days away from the election.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
The sad truth, which should terrify you more than what you're predicting, is that the craziest poo poo that happens it the world feels mundane and dull. Your fantasy of a world gone mad where everyone is living The Purge is never going to happen. Even in a worst case insane genocide of hundreds of thousands you're talking about an event on the scale of covid where a friend of a friend is dead and everyone is still going to the grocery store with their fair trade cloth shopping bags. Hate to say it, but in a monkey paw way you're going to be disappointed by how normal even the most brutal and inhuame situations are going to feel for a white tech bro.

Owning 20 guns isn't smart security its just paranoid consumerism.

And to Jonny's earlier comment about gun owners vs non-gun owners I own a gun. One gun. It's a bolt action in a gun safe... on my parents farm... a thousand miles away. But I bought it and I know how to use it and maintain it. It's just that its a hunting tool and I don't obsess over how scary and dangerous the world is. You have a lot more to worry about going to a store at all and getting covid and the main thing a gun collection keeps you safe from is overly-curious toddlers.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Kazinsal posted:

"nothing better is ever possible, but that's okay because things will just be fine for me" I say completely disconnected from any sort of understanding of being a vulnerable person

Again, this is not about owning a gun at all its about owning 50,000 rounds of ammo and 17 identical ar15s. It's not ever really about guns imo its like I'm seeing Jonny talk about guns in the same way I try to justify owning 8 guitars to people who see my apartment.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Actually its a little bit about saying the day after the election it will be impossible to buy a gun in america because the entire world will have gone mad and its going to be every man for himself in live shooting war between chuds driving house to house executing people and computer touchers protecting the LGBTQ community with their arsenal of not nerf guns this time but the real deal.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Lets just make a deal. If chuds are driving house to house executing liberals the day, hell the week, after the election I agree to ride my bike (I don't own a car) to a major city of your choosing to fight in the civil war II, but if that doesn't happen you have to post "salt fish was at least partially right in this specific case".

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

akadajet posted:

Your musical output must be immense.

To quote my brother "maybe you should learn to play one of these".

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Yeah I wouldn't take that deal if I were you either. That would be pretty embarrassing for anyone to admit.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I got really yuck about covid today and picked fights in like 5 different threads. I was just in bad mood sorry. It's cool if you love guns whatever I didn't mean the thing I said about overly curious toddlers.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
A manager said "at tommorows stand up we're going to go around the room and say what minimally viable means to each of us so please prepare for that" and it sent my entire week into an existential tail spin.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Coal miners are lazy bums. Get a real job you slackers!

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

You didn’t address my point that Biden is one of the principal architects of the carceral state that harms black people disproportionately. Maybe you’d like to address that?

This is just literally the trolley problem. I understand why you don't want to pull the lever but please at least understand why other people do.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Biden was close friends with an avowed segregationist and a principle architect of the school to prison pipeline. Why should I reward the party that nominated him?

There's a person on the tracks and if I pull the lever that person will die.

I get it.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

The revanchists won already. It literally does not matter who is president going forward. Senate races are more important.

The only reason you believe this is that donald trump is so vile that your brain can't hold the his image all at once. It short circuits, cracks and pings if you will. It can't process how loving awful he is. You've maxed out your measurement scale for Biden and Trump. 3.6 roentgen.

I promise you that trump is worse.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Everything meaningful goes though the senate dude. Control of the senate is all that matters.

The president of the united states is a pedophile with so little restraint that he started his own child beauty pageant at the same time he was hanging out with his BFF Jeffery Epstein.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Everything meaningful goes though the senate dude. Control of the senate is all that matters.

Okay so if it doesn't matter then you're not mad at people for voting for biden as long as they put in their vote for the down ballot as well?

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

In real world impact, Biden has absolutely done more harm to the US and the world with regards to his part in the prison state and Middle East adventurism.

Unfortunately this isn't the trolley that's in front of us. It's 'would trump do more damage in the next 4 years or would Biden". The past doesn't figure into it.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Christian ethnofascism isn’t going away just because Trump isn’t prez anymore.

Global warming is going to kill like 50% of the human population in the next 50-100 years but that doesn't absolve me from all political action.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Nomnom Cookie posted:

what has trump (or his admin) actually accomplished, basically. they obviously want to do a lot of comically evil things, but they’re also idiots. trump is one of the weakest presidents ever and it’s down to him having no loving clue what he’s doing lol

They ripped apart every government institution and laid the groundwork for a total fascist takeover of the united states. This is like saying "what has the water damage actually done to my house foundation".

We're experiencing weimar-ification of america.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Nomnom Cookie posted:

ok. so you don’t actually have any impact metrics, just sentiment. doesn’t sound very reality-based to me tbh

Presidential KPIs

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
President Trump resolved 16 issues this term with an average customer satisfaction rating of only 2.3 and a time-to-resolve of over 2 months.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Yeah, that game is already lost

We're living in the middle of a pandemic that literally targets geriatric populations...

Look I'm just saying it wouldn't hurt to not have turmp picking 3 more justices.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

President Beep posted:

meanwhile trump trains continue to gently caress around with no repercussions so far

Huh? What about when he had covid for 16 hours?

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Welcome to hellworld, baby, a plurality of Americans just said it's fine if they die, as long as you die too.

Just as I predicted the entire election came down to you personally not voting.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Some proportion of nojoe posters are trump voters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Like here is the thing; nobody has explained why voting for the lesser of two evils is wrong. They just post lists of things that are lovely about biden. He does suck, but a list of why one candidates bad isn't a rejection of voting for the least worst candidate.

If someone truly thinks that trump is better for america that biden then they should vote for trump.