Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?
gas thread back to brunch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

The Fool posted:

brunch is just breakfast food at lunch time

brunch is just hard drinking at lunchtime

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

President Beep posted:

HELLWORLD!

HELLWORLD!

HELLWORDL!

HELLWORLD!

that's that hand crafted shitposting that we crave

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

endlessmonotony posted:

Brunch is "fancy" in the way where it's a depression / exhaustion food binge in all but name.

imagine having an omelette with friends instead of nutrient slurry

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

polyester concept posted:

lol apparently the youngest kid from hanson is a chud and the others are barely better, or something, i didn't read into it all. https://www.reddit.com/r/postHanson/

https://www.vice.com/en/article/m7aep4/hanson-is-facing-a-mutiny-from-its-own-fans

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

akadajet posted:

too long; started to read but gave up lol

it seems like an odd thing to hang your queer hopes and dreams on a pack of home schooled oklahoma boys

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

nothing turns good wholesome liberals into advocates for aktion t4 like someone doing the crime of eating too many cheesburgers

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

lots of posts of real life fanfiction about a 14 year old.

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

polyester concept posted:

so many quotes from the simpsons have been embedded in everyones subconscious, people say them without even realizing they're making a reference.

early simpson's is from the last gasps of the monoculture.

i don't think a lot of kids are making references to googles do nothing when they have two bros in a hot tub sitting five feet apart (cause they aren't gay).

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

the market/butcher with the amazing sandwiches in town has their cleavers up on the wall

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

Blinkz0rz posted:

the descriptive words for folks of latin american origin in spanish are latino and latina because spanish is a gendered language

latinx respects the gender-like suffix while removing the gendering itself

iirc spanish also has no way of expressing a person of latin american origin who is non-binary so latinx does that as well

latine has getting traction

https://www.vox.com/the-highlight/2019/10/15/20914347/latin-latina-latino-latinx-means

do watch la mas draga, it's on youtube with titles. it's good art.

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

qirex posted:

polk gulch is the og gay neighborhood, the first pride parade went down larkin street

there's now exactly one gay bar left in the whole neighborhood

stl has gone through about four gay neighborhoods in the last fifty years.

the current one was being slowly ground out despite the rainbow accoutrements because of gentrification and gay bars are not as much of a things as they once were.

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

One of my bosses was there.

When we were having that "say something that other people don't know about you!" get to know you games that is the one that came out.

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

Yeah that's about the trajectory over the last 90 days here as well.

The mass vaccine events haven't been pulling in as many people as they can handle, so they are open to all as walk-ins.

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

The exact amount of risk I am willing to undertake is the correct amount and virtuous and moral, everything else is obviously a sign of depravity.

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

tori expresses contempt for every person, place and thing zone.

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

it's probably more pickled stuff, or a higher prevalence of smoking, or consumption of myoga ginger, or differing rates of h. pylori infections.

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

st louis city and county just went to 100% capacity in bars and restaurants, as long as you have the floor space to keep social distance and please wear masks inside and in circumstances outside where you can't socially distance.

i'm curious to see what the compliance going forward will be like. people have been generally adhering to mask guidance with not a ton of dicknosing in my experience.

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

in america you are free to worship at the fast food chain of your choice

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

I write at the intersection of humanity, technology and runaway capitalism. At this intersection stands transgenderism, what I believe is a glamorous ad campaign generated by elites, invested in tech and pharma, to normalize the changing of human biology. I believe this because I have researched the money behind the rapidly growing juggernaut of transgenderism in American culture and beyond, and it all leads back to the pharmaceutical and tech giants that now interface with LGBT NGOs which are driving the normalization of a biology-denying ideology. This ideology has taken the bullet train of post modernism to the juncture we are at now. The LGB civil rights movement has been subsumed by elites who have added the T to normalize the overriding of our sexed reality as humans, staging a political coup of mammoth proportion.

wtf

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

Kazinsal posted:

so if Israel invaded Jerusalem and the US followed suit, does that get written down as a crusade or just a regular holy war

depends on how much piety the ruler has

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

capital one and an amazon store card started me on my credit journey.

i charge something on them once a year and pay it off.

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

WE HAD A WORLD'S FAIR!

you can still go see and enjoy some of the cultural furniture that dates back that far. it's fun.

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

fart simpson posted:

i dont know what gender critical means actually. does it mean your a terf?

nazi : race realist :: terf : gender critical

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

power botton posted:

lol tori voted for Biden

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

in missouri smaller counties have elected coroners, larger counties have appointed medical examiners who must be a physician.

this is not an uncommon practice in those states that have county level medical death investigation systems.

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

c-ent looks like they are trying to elide a slur.

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

fart simpson posted:

pretty sure they just mean chinese entertainment. idk why they used that abbreviation

yeah, that's what they mean. it might be a commonly recognized term amongst those who talk about and observe chinese entertainment-- especially given twitters character count.

i read the thing and "there is a lot of nuance that western media didn't report on" isn't a shocker. media isn't there to report on nuance or portray news with accuracy, it's there to get clicks, and making people mad gets more clicks.

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

you can make an excellent capital C conservative argument for vaccination.

you have a duty to your family, group, country, community, society to use community resources wisely and not become a burden upon them.
the vaccine is very effective in reducing the likelihood that you would become a burden upon society, because you will not become as sick should you contract covid.

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

in general there is very little inherently left or right about vaccinations as such, more the way that the us works that the tiny sliver of individualism blossomed into a stark political divide. in most places, even those with poor vaccination rates, it doesn't really follow any clear political lines.

i know this is the hellworld thread and we're supposed to doompost, but there are people are doing good work out there on social media showing the reality of covid and what a terrible experience it is to need hospital care for it.

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

skip intro is doing a cool series on copaganda in the media, this is the first episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udhDawfCLHo

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

graph posted:

also the paywall's back up

thanks graph

thraph

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

r/goodyearwelt for all your high quality footwear chat

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

tore down some antivax flyers stapled to telephone poles today on my walk

feels good.

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

i think it's the same chud who puts up victims of communism rally posters in their shop window and various other bootlick the police notices.

it's not a very popular opinion here.

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

i have been listening since like episode 32 and dearly hope that matt breaks off and goes on to do something a bit more academic and legit. his talent for making 300 words per minute somehow make sense in the end is unparalleled.

his vlogs on youtube are occasionally good listening.

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

other people were the hellworld all along

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

some bright eyed academics will do a paper in five years, it will be a sad headline in the new york times, everyone will forget.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

for dudes who like dudes, usually you can find a photographer who is very into doing nude photographs for you for a very reasonable price.

otherwise, if you're an exhibitionist, you just put your adventures on twitter and provide a link for the curious.