Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I've apologised nearly every time I've been probed. The only time I didn't was when I was probed for cursing out that guy who worked for Saudi and was being a poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I've apologized to multiple people via PM here for things I said years ago and for generally being a little shitpocket my first few years here

over the course of becoming an old man I've learned the value of just telling someone hey, sorry for being a jerk you didn't deserve it

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
That guy sucked he just lied to J-Ru a bunch and then when all of his lies came out he went and did an auto-ban instead of facing the music.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Shard posted:

that guy who worked for Saudi

I still think about that guy often. So wild.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

they probably still post here under a different name but I've been wrong about that before so I'm not gonna witchhunt I learned my lesson on that too

even when you do get them to admit it there were mods that shrugged and said 'different name, don't count' so I moved on with my life lol

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
There's been one probe I didn't apologize for, but the lion's share of my probes and bans have been the dumbest unforced errors and I'd be stupid to think otherwise.

Thought the post was pretty hostile, didn't report it, but replied incredulously and moved on. Glad to see it was a misunderstanding. Live laugh love ❤️ (your favorites, boo their enemies)

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Orange Carlisle posted:

can't post an apology when you're probed

jokes aside if people personally apologized even via PM more often we could abolish probations altogether and let freedom ring

I'm going to cut 100 of the meanest most vicious deep cut promos you've ever heard on 100 randomly selected psp posters, and then send 100 of the kindest fakest apologies you ever seen. ty in advance for not probing me

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Aye Doc posted:

I'm going to cut 100 of the meanest most vicious deep cut promos you've ever heard on 100 randomly selected psp posters, and then send 100 of the kindest fakest apologies you ever seen. ty in advance for not probing me

hell yeah sign me up for the mjf vip package

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Aye Doc posted:

We have 100 posters?

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

TTBF posted:

We have 100 posters?

Well, we got 125 users browsing the forums right now. Not all of them will be posters but if we assume that only a fraction of all users is currently online then maybe we get close.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Everyone is online, waiting for Dynamite

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

MJeff posted:

That guy sucked he just lied to J-Ru a bunch and then when all of his lies came out he went and did an auto-ban instead of facing the music.

I think they still post in the book forum

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I don't apologize for my probs but they're all from the actually insane subs and not this little slice of paradise. Sometimes we also suck but have you been out there? Some real crazies.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Orange Carlisle posted:

I saw it as a joke about shard posting about kidd bandit fairly often (not a bad thing, people should be able to post about things they enjoy as much as they'd like) and didn't even see it as being a dunk attempt and more of a harmless comment but I can see how it could be interpreted that way

This is exactly what happened, I meant it as a lighthearted rib between friends but my execution was a little stronger than intended.

God bless us all on this, the holiest night of the week. Punk is winning.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

NienNunb posted:

Punk is winning.
gently caress this, probe him again

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

jesus WEP posted:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The answer is obvious, if you’re openly backing one or the other and your guy loses you eat a probe so the winning faction can dunk on all the Mox fans the losing faction in uninterrupted peace for the first few pages of the post-show thread.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

History Comes Inside! posted:

The answer is obvious, if you’re openly backing one or the other and your guy loses you eat a probe so the winning faction can dunk on all the Mox fans the losing faction in uninterrupted peace for the first few pages of the post-show thread.

Good idea, actually do this.

I think Punk will probably win this but my heart is with Mox, so that's what I'm going with.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

NienNunb posted:

Punk is winning.

Dang why did I speak up for this guy!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOugNisFgVo

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Y'all are all gonna be pissed when the match ends in a double DQ when Punk and Mox 3D the ref, and cut a promo announcing that they won't unify the belts.

Fake edit: I realized after typing this it's in a feedback thread, my feedback is that the mod team should try and bring back that guy from the TVIV that made the really dramatic post calling us circle jerking divas or whatever.

Force that dude to post here more frequently

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I would apologise for most of my probes as most of them are from when I was extremely drunk and being a poopoohead. I didn't agree with one of them but it's not like it ruined me on an unrelated topic I need budgeting advice.

My feedback is that I agree with the above post if that guy was also the Gamergate guy, that guy ruled.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

i agree, train escape artist to this forum like they did to koos group in fyad back in the day

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Love and care about my friends NienNunb and Shard, saw a bunch of posts in rules and got scared the posters were at war again, the truce holds!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

He's acting like a real poo poo right now in the GDT though! He said Punk was gonna win and now he's trying to jump on the team mox bandwagon!

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

This is a big night for us Moxheads, let’s not be divided over hearsay and innuendo.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

NienNunb posted:

This is a big night for us Moxheads, let’s not be divided over hearsay and innuendo.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

jesus WEP posted:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

18 hours is a bit stiff for The Shaman Of Cum’s probe. The offending post wasn’t probe worthy, and the ensuing back and forth between them deserved MAXIMUM sixers for both.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

NienNunb posted:

18 hours is a bit stiff for The Shaman Of Cum’s probe. The offending post wasn’t probe worthy, and the ensuing back and forth between them deserved MAXIMUM sixers for both.

Disagree, EA shouldn't have risen to the bait but yea ok was blatantly inciting them

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

looked like a conspiracy joke sparked a poo poo lode Of insults and then one person was handled with kids gloves so to speak. maybe i am missing something but that's rather :chloe: and i don't agree that anything should be done that way if it can be helped.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

anything over a 6er is bs unless the post is malicious imho

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

NienNunb posted:

So is it a bit stiff or did it not deserve a probe at all? Also referencing permabanned posters is probably not the best way to attempt to defend someone unless you didn't mean Cum the poster, in which case uhhh what?

There's probably an argument to be made about hitting the other post harder because actually gently caress any version of "you should quit posting"/"you should quit the forums"/etc, but given they were clearly being prodded I decided to go easy and thus both posters are basically back when the sun goes down.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

anything over a 6er is bs unless the post is malicious imho

I've already said as much to yea ok in a PM but you can think of it as a sixer for instigating, a sixer for this post and a sixer for the infowars comparison, because it's gross.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

jape/shaman/yeaok are not permabanned as far as I can remember

people just buy name changes sometimes

also like I mentioned before going by previous mod decisions that should immediately absolve you of all of your sins anyway lol

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Aug 25, 2022

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Brut posted:

So is it a bit stiff or did it not deserve a probe at all? Also referencing permabanned posters is probably not the best way to attempt to defend someone unless you didn't mean Cum the poster, in which case uhhh what?

There's probably an argument to be made about hitting the other post harder because actually gently caress any version of "you should quit posting"/"you should quit the forums"/etc, but given they were clearly being prodded I decided to go easy and thus both posters are basically back when the sun goes down.

I've already said as much to yea ok in a PM but you can think of it as a sixer for instigating, a sixer for this post and a sixer for the infowars comparison, because it's gross.

The Shaman of Cum was yea ok’s old name on here. I don’t think your reasoning is incredibly sound and I personally think a “hey knock it off” would have sufficed for both of them without needing to hit any buttons but that’s just me.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i disagree that yea ok was asking for attacks and meant "your morals align with this website" by referring to the biggest cultural touchstone for crazy conspiracy theories when responding to a post that was a funny pro wrestling conspiracy theory. It seems bad that we're locking into stone that "gently caress you, gently caress off, idiot, weirdo," etc. were all a foregone conclusion once yea ok made fun of the theory. well, that's the extent of what i can speak on this about and i've said my piece. once again thank you for allowing it.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

NienNunb posted:

The Shaman of Cum was yea ok’s old name on here.

Oh okay that makes a lot more sense! My bad! Glad it's not a reference to this poster literally named cum who got recently perma'd, it didn't make any sense to me but I also had no idea what you were actually referencing.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

shaman of cum was my father, please - just call me cum

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

oh my gawd…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

imagine working all of your life to finally reach the level of shaman and then you get mistaken for just some guy off the street who also had cum in their name