Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I think some people don’t want to be disagreed with without being gently kissed on the forehead and told they’re still valid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Nea posted:

For the record this is the exact sort of thing folks are talking about. I don't even disagree with you that that's a ludicrous take but instead of going 'hey, that take loving sucks, comparing something awful to trump is /really/ eliding a lot of poo poo' or even just 'bro, that take sucks, those aren't the same thing' or whatever people need to go on about it with fifteen goddamn dunks. If you think someone is being an rear end in a top hat just loving say it like a normal person!

I’d much rather someone do the thing that’s funny than the thing that’s exhausting, on the comedy pro wrestling forum.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Joey McChrist posted:

gently caress you dean

(also i love you dean)

Dean has bullied me for nearly ten years with his deranged movie takes and his refusal to mail me any of his delicious Gumbo.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Cavauro posted:

meanwhile stone cold 64 was probed because someone said stone cold 64

He’s had it too good for too long

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Nea posted:

This is, 100% completely unrelated to what's going on at hand but:

I didn't understand the bit with tepa while it was here and I forgot to ask when it was around. I also don't understand what the difference between DND and CSPAM is but it seems to be connected. Could someone please explain, this is a genuine question

The epa was an idea me and a few others had for a temporary subforum where we could talk about wrestling in a more relaxed, discourse-light fashion. Lasted a few months, was pretty slow for most of its run but had some fun threads, mostly filled with regulars on here (even the ones who consider me a “posting enemy” 🤫).

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Elephant Ambush posted:

Being an rear end in a top hat and strawmanning everything people say isn't actually funny at all and you're part of the problem

Being that this is at least the third weird personal snipe you’ve made about me in the last week I’m assuming I’ve insulted you in some way. If you ever want to discuss this my PMs are open. I have no ill will towards you, you’ve always seemed nice enough.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Alaois posted:

i think we should close the chocopro thread

Been saying this

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

fez_machine posted:

yeah, I stay mad

but also I don't believe there's a conspiracy of posters? I was worried that it might happen but it didn't.

I think the EPA was created for bad reasons, and those bad reason meant that it couldn’t survive as an RSF nor as a thread.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The Epa thread closed because me and SC64 agreed privately it was time to give the thread a break. It’s very funny that some people are still smoldering angry about it, that’s just good clean fun.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I wish the JR/Taz video guy was still with us, im sure he’d have something to say during a time like this….

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Brut posted:

If you mean disclosing an identity, that is 100% not going to happen. If you mean stopping the person purchasing from doing more of it, that is very likely not going to happen either unless they start issuing chargebacks, otherwise abuse the system somehow or something along those lines.

That being said I don't think we're under any obligation to keep a lovely undeserved avatar around any longer than it takes for the receiver to see it, so I'm not planning on letting that poo poo hang around forever either. Hopefully this doesn't become a trend.

The sixer was by the IK who got their temporary powers because of a contest that STONE COLD 64 ran recently, friendly fire, what can I say.

Look the only way to prove what you're trying to say is to make a new EPA RSF or forum and it sounds like that's the opposite of what you want, so maybe it's worth reconsidering what it is you're trying to do with these last few posts here.

lol

I'm glad to see some of you have worked out your differences/misunderstandings in the last couple pages, I must admit it is difficult to keep track of what still hangs in the air.

I'm gonna be up front here, I'm waiting to hear from Junpei and/or Karmic about this either privately or publicly before I go kramering in to your wrestling thread(s), I don't know most of you and it is difficult to decipher all the dynamics and relationships from outside.

Meanwhile, please be more mindful with keeping posts in this thread on-topic, this discussion is important and I want to minimize artificial barriers to parsing it. I'm not gonna be probing posts from the last few pages (though someone else still might :shrug:), but below this post is very thin ice.

Just so you’re aware Karmic and ESPECIALLY Junpei are more or less absentee mods. They have no strong interest in being a part of the community, and it takes heavy prodding to get either to do anything.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

Are they? I thought Karmic was just doing that thing mods do where they suddenly stop posting because they want to look impartial and feel like they need to act weird now

We’re coming up on 24 hours since the forum broke out into civil war with neither sight nor sound of them.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

You accused a bunch of people who I don't think ever actually talk to each other of being a clique who people have to walk on eggshells around for fear of reprisal. I never talk to yea ok outside of PSP, haven't talked to Stone Cold 64 in over a decade and my interactions with Nien Numb are we are in the same group DM where after every Dynamite I type "Good show!" into the DM and then don't post until Rampage where I repeat. You accused us of being a clique based on nothing and are now acting like you did something noble.

And here I was considering you a friend :(

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Lid posted:

Quoting from the main as they go here now and are relevant people and relevant points.

What do you want from this? For your enemy list to be banned? For us to apologize?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

NienNunb fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Jun 21, 2022

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

fez_machine posted:

I did, it died :( I should have supported it more but I hate writing

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3991416

Why couldn’t that survive? :(

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Yeah like I’ve been pretty flippant and emotionally removed from this whole situation because it’s more baffling than anything but I’m genuinely upset about being personally involved in any of this. Saying that I’m some sort of bully who wishes to drive people away from the forums is a heavy claim to levy, and I don’t think it’s incredibly founded.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

MotU posted:

you probed me for not posting a picture of sting, which was incredibly hosed up

I probed poor Iggy like 20 times for no good reason and they still love me, you’ll find room in your heart for this ol’ lump of coal eventually

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

legitimately believe its mostly a list of the very visible people that were for and wanted the Benoit Memorial subforum or w/e its name was.

also i agree that junpei is an incredibly inactive mod and that goes for the other subforum they're supposed to mod for as i've seen the Giant Bomb thread have to police itself multiple times because of inactive modding. I genuinely believe Karmatic has the same thing as Jerusalem where their lives outside of the forum are at least more active and are willing to act on Report Button stuff for mod alerts when they are online.

I also do believe there are cliques and poo poo in this forum and i do think certain posters do go out of their way to complain about other posters posting instead of using the ignore button or just trying to positively change the topic of discussion to something else instead of negatively interacting with certain posts that cause forums to derail as people take posts personally.

I have found myself posting less and actively stepping away from making threads and posts the last couple years because i generally just didnt like or have fun reading or posting on this subforum. However when i come back and make posts that arent incredible anger about the regular bullshit of wwe i get labeled as an apologist or whatever other red text poo poo i've gotten just because i say something like "accidents happen in wrestling" or i come in make a few jokey shitposts, people assume i'm being 100% genuine and get angry and try starting fights. The subforum just feels incredibly hostile most the time which is why i rather lurk than post.

The red text av you got was ridiculous, nothing you said was wrong and it says much more about the person who bought it than it does about you.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Elephant Ambush posted:

So you're flippant and emotionally removed when it comes to other people feeling upset for being picked on for stupid reasons but yet we should all care about how upset you are when you get attacked?

This explains a lot about how you post

I don't think you're a bully and I don't think you're trying to drive people away from the forums but you're still part of the problem because you think all the mockery posts are funny and want that kind of posting to be the norm

My friend the invitation to come talk to me privately still stands because you obviously have some sort of problem with me but otherwise I hope you either find peace for find the ignore button.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

ItohRespectArmy posted:

why didnt anyone invite me to any posting cliques or cabals

are my posts too intimidating?

The drawbacks (getting yelled at all the time) far outweigh the perks (getting yelled at all the time but now privately about your basketball opinions)

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I’m not open to any changes that result in less funny posts. I mean this sincerely.

This is the beginning and end of it for me.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I’ve only ever bought one person an avatar, and that was last night for a certain cry baby we all know

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Happiness posted:

as a long time lurker myself it seems pretty clear to me that there's a focus on lid because the way lid has acted through this is largely emblematic of many of the posters at the heart of this discussion

lots of those talking about how they're walking on eggshells are the same ones who respond to jokes or normal disagreement with random hostility or by bringing up months old slights they don't even clearly remember

there's a severe lack of introspection from people talking about how other people need to be more reflective on how rude they are, and it's impossible to imagine any sort of actionable changes coming out of this that wouldn't end up actually making it feel far less welcoming and fun here

This is it

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

There is an irony to all of this happening in a 72 hour period where the AEW thread has somehow been, outside of the outbursts, completely pleasant and enjoyable to read. Very funny that Lid congratulated himself for that, it’s a great bit.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Elephant Ambush posted:

Cool, good to know that when someone makes a good faith post that includes criticism of something AEW did or didn't do, people can treat them like they have Alzheimer's but they can't fire back telling the assholes to gently caress off without being treated like they're actually the problem because they're "full of themselves" or whatever bullshit you're talking about

If people who repeatedly get picked on for no good reason get upset then they're actually wrong and their feelings are invalid and they're also probably brain damaged. Awesome culture we're fostering here

And if your definition of "funny" is "a joke made at another poster's expense" and that's the only kind of post you can laugh at then all I can say is take a good hard look at yourself for a second. Do you actually want to talk about pro wrestling in the pro wrestling threads or are you just hunting for posts that you can dunk on? And please for the love of all that is good stop hiding behind the "this is a ~cOMedY FOrUm~ and we're all brain poisoned by the internet and you have to deal with it" as an excuse for being a shithead for no good reason. That's coward poo poo to avoid changing how you treat other people

Oh and since it's been brought up multiple times, I would love to have The Enclosed Pool Area back. It was awesome and it kinda sucked that almost nobody posted in it for the last couple months before it got deleted

This is an intensely charged, bad faith read of a very level headed, fair post and I would like to ask you to reconsider it.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

That Little Demon posted:

speak for yourself

Cole’s Shoe was the best thread of 2021

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

I hate Adam Cole deeply and people let me post in there. They might roast me over it but I mean, my hate is weird.

Join me, let’s bully Adam Cole Togetha

I’ve tried to bully you out of here for years but you just keep coming back for more.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I think we absolutely should start comparing people who are rude about pro wrestling to racists and chase them out of the forum with torches and pitchforks, personally.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I think even when you read the post entirely in good faith when it comes to the racism aspect, it’s still a call to arms to drive out all the posters you deem to not fit the posting-culture you want to cultivate.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Lots of people say lots of things, many of these things are quite dumb.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Shard posted:

Am I racist if I don't know any country music stars?

Listen to John Prine’s self titled album from 71

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Dacap posted:

Is anyone in this forum under 30 (except Shard Jr)

Todays my 18th birthday

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

tired of lists, no more lists.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Orange Carlisle posted:

I saw it as a joke about shard posting about kidd bandit fairly often (not a bad thing, people should be able to post about things they enjoy as much as they'd like) and didn't even see it as being a dunk attempt and more of a harmless comment but I can see how it could be interpreted that way

This is exactly what happened, I meant it as a lighthearted rib between friends but my execution was a little stronger than intended.

God bless us all on this, the holiest night of the week. Punk is winning.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

This is a big night for us Moxheads, let’s not be divided over hearsay and innuendo.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

18 hours is a bit stiff for The Shaman Of Cum’s probe. The offending post wasn’t probe worthy, and the ensuing back and forth between them deserved MAXIMUM sixers for both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Brut posted:

So is it a bit stiff or did it not deserve a probe at all? Also referencing permabanned posters is probably not the best way to attempt to defend someone unless you didn't mean Cum the poster, in which case uhhh what?

There's probably an argument to be made about hitting the other post harder because actually gently caress any version of "you should quit posting"/"you should quit the forums"/etc, but given they were clearly being prodded I decided to go easy and thus both posters are basically back when the sun goes down.

I've already said as much to yea ok in a PM but you can think of it as a sixer for instigating, a sixer for this post and a sixer for the infowars comparison, because it's gross.

The Shaman of Cum was yea ok’s old name on here. I don’t think your reasoning is incredibly sound and I personally think a “hey knock it off” would have sufficed for both of them without needing to hit any buttons but that’s just me.