Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

kimbo305 posted:

New Year's Eve fight card:
Trump x Biden
Don Jr x Hunter Biden
Conor x Mike Perry
the old man Conor punched x the old man Perry punched
Antonio Brown vs Logan Paul (no testing)

that's a proper Sakakibara NYE card there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

LobsterMobster posted:

I will fully admit to not watching this interview, I just wanted to state that Uriah has honed his awkwardness in the crucible of champions that is The Ultimate Fighter

Check out Kelvin. He looks like he dusted off everything on the table by himself, and that he's proud of it.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

https://twitter.com/ufc/status/1321943171366973440

He did it!

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

:unsmith: truly, country boy can survive

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Earned

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/ZachGelb/status/1321934833099198464

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I wonder how many millions Dana is offering him? I think he'd demolish the winner of Porier/McGregor but that'd probably be who the feed him.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

It makes absolute sense that Dana White wouldn't understand Khabib's motivations.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Gonna laugh if they try Tony vs Khabib for the Xth time

Edit: I also wouldn't put it pass Dana to just say this stuff without talking to Khabib just to put pressure on him

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Oct 30, 2020

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010
It almost has to be them trying to get the GSP fight to happen. It's the one legacy fight Khabib has been asking for forever, and Dana mentioned wanting to talk to him about something cool if he got past Gaethje. Dana then refused to divulge what it was after Khabib retired, so I assume it's something fight-related that he still thinks might happen. Tony's coming off a loss and those two have been scheduled to fight more times than Khabib has had title defenses, and Khabib's obviously not interested in McGregor/Poirier II, so I don't buy that it's any of those things, unless UFC promises to host the fight in Khabib's backyard while paying him double his normal rate or something.

I'd be fine if it did turn out to be the Tony fight, though. They gave GSP Nick Diaz coming off a loss, so gently caress it.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Memento posted:

poo poo like this is generally far less safe for women

It was mostly female MMA fighters dragging me around!

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
nice.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Digital Jedi posted:

Edit: I also wouldn't put it pass Dana to just say this stuff without talking to Khabib just to put pressure on him

I have to imagine it's exactly this

If Khabib puts his gloves on the mat and retires I believe he really did, the guy keeps his word and has turned down shitloads of money before

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

He might not even care what Khabib does and just wants to gin up random hype.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

do not believe the bald snake and his lies.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
I expect we’ll hear the truth from Khabib soon enough.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

if khabib comes back, ill do a Goons With Spoons preparation of the dick of the goon who said he'd suck he own cock

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Has anyone seen anyone in the wild with any of that ugly Reebok gear? I work almost exclusively with people in the UFCs target market and I have to yet to see anyone at work or anywhere else for that matter wearing any.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eat This Glob posted:

if khabib comes back, ill do a Goons With Spoons preparation of the dick of the goon who said he'd suck he own cock

I....what?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nierbo posted:

Has anyone seen anyone in the wild with any of that ugly Reebok gear? I work almost exclusively with people in the UFCs target market and I have to yet to see anyone at work or anywhere else for that matter wearing any.

I was at the UFC event in Busan last December and there was a guy out in the corridors wearing the gear doing shadow boxing and I thought it was a fighter. Nah just turned out to be a super weird fan who wore a full McGregor Reebok kit and UFC branded MMA gloves and wanted to shadowbox.

So yes people buy them. But theyre usually just morons.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Nierbo posted:

I'm friend-of-a-friend with the owner of the MMA Fight Store in Melbourne and we were chatting about the UFC once, and the Reebok deal, and how when it came out he assumed he would be getting a pressure-tactics contact from their local rep to stock and sell UFC Reebok fight gear.

He got nothing. He asked the rep about it and they said "oh uhh, I'll get back to you" and never did. He dropped it because he could see himself doing a large order of the stuff and then not ever selling a single thing.

Also, I told him about this typo about 18 months ago.

quote:

Our staff participate in Marital Arts and have an extensive knowledge of products and are able to provide a custom service.

edit: this is the kind of poo poo-stirring I love from Jack Slack

Memento fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Oct 30, 2020

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
I hope Anderson gets that look in his eyes. That look, of course, bein' some BURGZ

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I know a 17 year old who has some UFC Reebok shorts

Flaskraven
Nov 20, 2012

I hope you get crushed to death by a fat guy trying to commit suicide by falling out of a window and when the paramedics answer the local bystander asking if you'll live, he just says "fat chance" and laughs.
Khabib posted something interesting to his instagram

https://www.instagram.com/p/CG9t9IUs0eZ/

Underneath a picture of Macron posted:

May the Almighty disfigure the face of this creature and all its followers, who, under the slogan of freedom of speech, offend the feelings of more than one and a half billion Muslim believers. May the Almighty humiliate them in this life, and in the next. Allah is swift in calculation and you will see it.

We are Muslims, we love our Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) more than our mothers, fathers, children, wives and all other people close to our hearts. Believe me, these provocations will come back to them, the end is always for the God-fearing.

(Arabic text: May God curse the face of this amputee and all of their followers who hurt the feeling of more than half a billion Muslims under the guise of freedom God humiliated them in this world and the hereafter, God is quick to reckon We Muslims love our Messenger and Prophet Muhammad, may God’s prayers and peace be upon him, more than our mothers, fathers, sons, and husbands, and from all of God’s creation, glory be to Him. Believe me, these provocations will come out of their necks and the consequence for the righteous)

Holy Quran 33:57
------------------
(Arababic Text: For those who offend Allah and His Messenger, God will curse them in this world and in the Hereafter, and He has prepared for them a humiliating punishment)

Indeed, those who revile Allah and His Messenger, Allah cursed in this world and in the Hereafter and prepared for them humiliating torments.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Interesting or boilerplate wahhabi bullshit? The latter.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
countdown before khabib follows the retired conor track of punching old men, getting arrested, and sleeping with vegas hookers

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Southpaugh posted:

Interesting or boilerplate wahhabi bullshit? The latter.

Saying it will come out of their neck after 3 grannies worshipping in church got their throats slit is not an accident. He’s a backwards extremist oval office and his like need educating.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Flaskraven posted:

Khabib posted something interesting to his instagram

https://www.instagram.com/p/CG9t9IUs0eZ/

lol what a oval office

nordichammer
Oct 11, 2013
Impressive how quickly he discarded the good will.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Being a chauvinist oval office will make it dissolve away like that yeah.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
This isn't anything new from the guy who hangs out with warlords lol

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

It's disappointing, but it's not at all shocking. The guy has been pretty open about what he believes and,

henkman posted:

This isn't anything new from the guy who hangs out with warlords lol

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Mekchu posted:

I....what?

Once upon a time, a goon proclaimed he would suck his own dick if a fight (was it an Alvarez fight?) was boring. It turned out it was boring, and said goon tried to make good on the one-sided bet.

Im not willing to wager my own wang on Khabib not coming back (I believe he will stay retired), but I will wager that one goon's dick.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Eat This Glob posted:

Once upon a time, a goon proclaimed he would suck his own dick if a fight (was it an Alvarez fight?) was boring. It turned out it was boring, and said goon tried to make good on the one-sided bet.

Im not willing to wager my own wang on Khabib not coming back (I believe he will stay retired), but I will wager that one goon's dick.

P sure it was Alvarez vs Melendez, aka the B-League Super Mega Dream Fight we all wanted back in 2012

Also, Khabib was once asked by a woman in Russia at a fan thing how to get into fighting/become a champion, and Khabib said it would be best if she became a champion for her husband in the home, so yeah, this is nothing new for him

Flaskraven
Nov 20, 2012

I hope you get crushed to death by a fat guy trying to commit suicide by falling out of a window and when the paramedics answer the local bystander asking if you'll live, he just says "fat chance" and laughs.
Yeah, it's nothing new from Khabib. It's not new when Jon Jones drives drunk either. It's just funny to see the fighters behind the scenes. Especially when they're horrible

nordichammer
Oct 11, 2013
It is not anything new, but I feel like he has responded in such a manner only when prodded. Supporting a terrorist attack unprovoked is a different beast.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

gregy hardy missed weight, lol

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

LobsterMobster posted:

gregy hardy missed weight, lol

https://twitter.com/espnmma/status/1322240756652871680

drat, too fat for heavyweight.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Haha.

Still find it funny there is a limit for Heavyweight. Just make it anyone above 206 is Heavyweight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

lmao, gotta go sweat out a couple of pounds to make the limit for trashweight. greg loving sucks