Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How do you rollen?
This poll is closed.
Fahrvergnügen 34 25.95%
Lederhosen 41 31.30%
Schnitzelhasen 56 42.75%
Total: 131 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

A real loving train system with schedules that actually are adhered to and stops in sensible areas where you're walking distance to business parks or points of interest are basically my dream. I'd be able to save 90% of the mileage on my vehicle, and only pull it out for recreational traveling, if the train didn't go where I wanted to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

DFW Metroplex

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Thwomp posted:

Not noted, population density which plays a big part in why trains work in mountainous Austria and not in sprawling Virginia.

I mean I don't give a poo poo about whether the rail is high speed, it doesn't need to go 120mph, it just needs to be regular, on time, and be within reasonable walking distance. You can solve the reasonable walking distance issue with bus service that actually loving works as opposed to being a half hour to hour late every time.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Hit in the head by a 20mm round, "died several hours later at the hospital."

Yeah, no poo poo he did.

several hours later is when the disembodied legs stopped twitching.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

fknlo posted:

The pinkerton is getting charged with 2nd degree murder. I knew he was going to catch charges, I still don't think he gets convicted.

It's loving lol that pinkerton sold him up the river like that though.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Local supporter of Leopards Eating People's Faces party shocked that leopards ate their face.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Anyone else see where the turmp is withholding federal aid for the California wildfires?

Because that pisses me off more than this Hunter poo poo.

I think he reversed it when he got called on it. Real big Strong Daddy energy where he backed down after it hit national news.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

It is currently deeply amusing to me that Kelly Loeffler and Doug Collins are currently stabbing the gently caress out of each other over a US Senate seat, each claiming loudly to be more conservative than the other, meanwhile their Democrat challenger has 47% of the vote to the roughly 20% they each hold.

Spoiler candidates own, especially when they can wind up causing Georgia to elect Democratic senators.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jPTrS-7d14

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Idiocracy was a documentary

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Fallom posted:

Has a Republican/Democratic presidential candidate ever campaigned this badly in the US?

The ranting and raving seems unique.

If biden wins, imagine November 4th. This ain't nothin yet.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

bulletsponge13 posted:

This it's probably a dumb question, but where is this talk of "October Surprise" talk come from?

The term was coined by Reagan's campaign manager in 1980, but it really refers to any event happening in October of an election year that upsets the outcome.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

See also: Pick whatever the gently caress you want, this October has been full of surprises. Trump Tax Returns, Covid superspreader event, buttery males ft random Delaware computer shops, etc.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

proclick

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

shame on an IGA posted:

wait wtf when did Space Station 13 go mainstream

Same reaction, someone was like
:v: "hey you wanna play Among Us?"
:colbert: "You mean Space Station 13, right?"
:v: "What's that? Never heard of it"

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

if Texas flips blue, then this election is going to be a goddamn blowout.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Is sedition light treason or are they different

is there a such thing as diet treason? just one calorie!

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://www.adl.org/news/article/sacha-baron-cohens-keynote-address-at-adls-2019-never-is-now-summit-on-anti-semitism

He did a keynote speech for the Anti-Defamation League on anti-semitism and the resurgence of authoritarianism in the 21st century.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Defenestrategy posted:

who the gently caress is more than ambivalent towards their insurance?

I have pretty good healthcare by most standards, and I don't pay a lot for it every month, and I think it's a lovely system

Insurance are a collection of vampires.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Goddamn that is a rough 42 years old :stare:

Meth is a hell of a drug

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Midjack posted:

Looks like they found the murder hornet nest, hopefully this was the only one: https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/23/us/asian-giant-murder-hornet-nest-scn-trnd/index.html

It definitely isn't. They were spotted end of last year, they've already swarmed at least once this year.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I was exposed to DDT as a kid, but because we had drums of it on some farm land hiding in a shed until about a decade ago, not a superfund site.

Someone called county hazmat after the responsible people died. Shed the drums were in is still standing, soil beneath wasn't hauled off either. Just a hazmat placard on the door.

To think they'd spray that poo poo in the 50s like mosquito spray, and our dumbass parents were probably playing in the streets at the time.

Much the same as TEL in gasoline.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I know I'm like a page late because this thread moves fast, but eat poo poo Bob.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Old people freeze to death outside trump rally.

God drat lol

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

evil_bunnY posted:

lol trumpers are the biggest pansies and incapable of basic cooperation.

Trump staffers are morons and don't know how to logistics. The only people left on his staff are the folks who regularly unabashedly kiss his rear end, anyone actually worth a poo poo quit years ago.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

CainFortea posted:

Isn't china's whole navy made up of litoral boats?

Nope, while they do have lots of littoral boats, they have CRUDES, submarines (nuclear SSNs, the Type 091(old/busted 1950s tech), and the Type 093(new hotness, but Type 095 is in development), along with some of the quietest diesel boats in the world), and 3 aircraft carriers. Nothing would prevent them from creating a nuclear powered aircraft carrier, hell the Enterprise was cobbled together out of a conventional supercarrier design with a mix of submarine reactors for its 8 reactors.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

CainFortea posted:

If they don't have the rest of the surface fleet to go WITH the aircraft carriers then they're still stuck there.

But they do have a big rear end surface fleet (530+ major combatants, like 300 of them are ships that could operate in blue water). They have the world's largest number of major combatant ships, and they're second in tonnage behind the USN. China very much has a very real navy, they've just stayed close to home because they don't have a lot of overseas friendly ports to base out of.

The USN has more big ships, but China's navy is definitely nothing to sneeze at. They're absolutely going to move from regional power to superpower status within the next decade, hell, the US helped them along with 4 years of Trump making GBS threads his pants on the world stage.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Oct 28, 2020

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

CMD598 posted:

They're working on that I believe.

Yep, amazing what investing in infrastructure in a third world country can get you, friendly ports for one.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Just in case you thought Hillary was out of the news

Hillary Clinton says she is an Electoral College elector in New York.

I thought EC Electors were supposed to be secret.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Giant Bug-people 2020.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Ahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Platystemon posted:

The tortoise lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs trying to turn itself over, but it can’t. Not without your help. But you’re not helping.

Why is that, Leon?

I wish someone would flip mitch on his back and have him bake in the hot sun, but I don't think it's gonna happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

It's like the 30% APR v6 Mustang but bigger