Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Looking for a thread about your hobby and want to ask if there is one? Want to start a new hobby thread but don't know if there's interest? Have quick questions about other people's hobbies that aren't worth making an entire thread? Want to chat about hobbies in general? This thread is for you.

corgski fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Oct 18, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

In HCH:

In other forums:
More hobby threads to come as I have time to index them.

HCH buy/sell trade thread
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3949919

Somebody fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Jun 14, 2023

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Highlights!

Coming soon

corgski fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Oct 18, 2020

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

For organization I sucked it up and bought a ton of matching plastic shoeboxes and tubs so they’d stack neatly and just started sorting things out and putting labels on them. (Having a good label maker is a godsend.) Having a giant stack of tubs in the corner of my office isn’t the best but it’s better than having everything scattered in mismatched containers all over the place.

Right now I have four of those Home Depot yellow lidded tubs full of (to be) refurbished cameras/spare parts/etc, a 32 quart bin of old clothing and scraps to recycle into other projects, a 16 quart bin of current sewing projects, and way too many 32 and 16qt bins of old retrocomputing bits and I’m still not done.

E: oh god that just reminded me I have another Home Depot tub full of a lifetime supply of muslin in my shed too. If I ever need to build flats again I guess it’s nice to have?

corgski fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Oct 22, 2020

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

Is there a thread for geocaching? I’ve been into geocaching for a few years now and it’d be cool to find other goons into it!

There used to be an Ask/Tell thread about it ages ago but it appears to have fallen into archives. If you made a thread in The Great Outdoors I'd love to see it.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Safety Dance posted:

Is there a thread for locksport / lock picking / toool nerds?

I don't know of one but if someone finds or makes one link it here so I can jump in too!

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Arsenic Lupin posted:

There's got to be a drone thread somewhere; does anybody know where it is?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3386779

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Russian Bear posted:

This is probably in another thread hiding somewhere but I’m interested in getting into woodblock printing. Would love to get some recommendations on starter tools and such.

That sounds like a great question to start a thread with!