Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
if trump was the only thing holding back a massive dem sweep down ballot and they thought Dems might actually pack the court, maybe the GOP would try to steal it. but this? this is a flawless victory for them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

indigi posted:

conservatives are already pivoting away from him, so I'm less worried about court fuckery than I was a week ago

I've said it repeatedly that the reason I don't fear a military coup right now is not because I trust the military and police to not do a coup, but because Trump is such an incompetent shithead that they wouldn't do a coup for him specifically and instead will choose to wait for a more competent fascist.

I'm coming around to the same argument with regards to court fuckery. With control of the Senate all but assured (even if they get both runoffs (lol) Manchin literally controls whether anything gets through, and if not, they've got a steady hand in McConnell or whoever replaced him when he croaks to keep anything they don't want from happening.

It's a best case scenario for the GOP really.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
faithless elector makes it 269 all, house of representitives elects howie hawkins.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
He's just gonna whine

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

indigi posted:

conservatives are already pivoting away from him, so I'm less worried about court fuckery than I was a week ago

If you work in a fake plastic vomit factory, you get real touchy when people start questioning the integrity of the extruder.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

https://twitter.com/MetalGearEbooks/status/1257374132079144961

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

so who won so we can put them on an ice floe headed towards the sun.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Lpzie posted:

Nobody got it right

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Lpzie posted:

Nobody who was optimistic enough to predict blue Georgia was pessimistic enough to predict how close it would be and nobody who was pessimistic enough to predict how close it would be was optimistic enough to predict blue Georgia.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

GoutPatrol posted:

Nobody got it right

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Nobody who was optimistic enough to predict blue Georgia was pessimistic enough to predict how close it would be and nobody who was pessimistic enough to predict how close it would be was optimistic enough to predict blue Georgia.

At least now we know for sure not to take C-SPAM seriously

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

lol did anyone, here or otherwise, predict blue georgia and red north carolina and florida? i legit never saw that prediction anywhere.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

There's no way anybody anywhere predicted the specific combination of red North Carolina and blue Georgia.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

There's no way anybody anywhere predicted the specific combination of red North Carolina and blue Georgia.

yeah, the closest that I saw nationally was Dave Wasserman predict blue georgia and red florida. he got everything else right except north carolina and ME-02, but i saw that and thought he was crazy

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
Seeing as the final result is likely 306-232 for Biden, who got the closest to that regardless of the combination of states?

Edit: It's these two.

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Playing conservative with this.

CommanderApaul posted:

I am a broke-brained 2016 HRC volunteer and twitter addict so I feel like I'm jinxing poo poo just filling out one of these things. It's Sam Wang's "Trump outperforms by 3" scenario but with Biden getting the ME-2 EV.

Lyndon LaRouche has issued a correction as of 03:22 on Nov 10, 2020

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
its still possible to end up with blue NC, depends how many late mail ins theyre taking and how those break out. I dont think its likely, but i also didnt think biden would win Pennsylvania, Arizona, or Georgia.

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.

paperwind posted:

Seeing as the final result is likely 306-232 for Biden, who got the closest to that regardless of the combination of states?

Edit: It's these two.

:vince:

Nice to know that my brokebrained distrust of polling bore out. I look better on camera that Nate Silver too, can I have all his money now?

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
If we go by number of EVs correctly guessed, I don't think there's anyone better than Glumslinger who appears to only have gotten NC wrong.

IF NC somehow flips, they'll have gotten it straight up correct.

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

reignonyourparade posted:

If we go by number of EVs correctly guessed, I don't think there's anyone better than Glumslinger who appears to only have gotten NC wrong.

IF NC somehow flips, they'll have gotten it straight up correct.

Not quite, they also had Iowa for Biden. Still, one of the few considered submissions to get Georgia.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

TrixRabbi posted:

Not quite, they also had Iowa for Biden. Still, one of the few considered submissions to get Georgia.
yeah mine would be closer in this instance since I guessed everything correct except Georgia, but my EV guess is 290 for Biden

quote:

Grey Fox: Biden wins EC with 290 (gains: AZ +11, ME2 +1, MI +16, PA +20, WI +10) (losses: -0)

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

I would suggest that "most states correct" is the appropriate metric for who wins, with who got the EC votes closest as the tiebreaker for those who tied.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

What exactly does it mean that Reagan won 489 electoral votes with 50.7% of the vote in 1980 and Biden got 306 with 50.9% of the vote in 2020??

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

What exactly does it mean that Reagan won 489 electoral votes with 50.7% of the vote in 1980 and Biden got 306 with 50.9% of the vote in 2020??

It means that partisanship has fractured the country along geographical lines

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

also john anderson got like 7% of the vote which ran up reagans margins

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Everyone should go back and look at old maps, having two neoliberal parties that absolutely can't offer any bread or circuses as a core principle means there's nothing left to offer but tribalism

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

shovelbum posted:

Everyone should go back and look at old maps, having two neoliberal parties that absolutely can't offer any bread or circuses as a core principle means there's nothing left to offer but tribalism

carters 1976 map is wild, dems winning the entire south after the civil rights bills yet losing the entire west coast

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Cup Runneth Over posted:

The lovely states are slowly turning into rotten boroughs

Wikipedia posted:

Typically, rotten boroughs had gained their representation in Parliament when they were more flourishing centres, but the borough's boundaries had never been updated, or else they had become depopulated or even deserted over the centuries. Some had once been important places or had played a major role in England's history, but had fallen into insignificance as for example when industry moved away. For example, in the 12th century Old Sarum had been a busy cathedral city, reliant on the wealth expended by its own Sarum Cathedral within its city precincts, but it was abandoned when the present Salisbury Cathedral was built on a new site nearby ("New Sarum"), which immediately attracted merchants and workers who built up a new town around it. Despite this dramatic loss of population, the constituency of Old Sarum retained its right to elect two MPs.

And also getting crazier at the same time

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

The lovely states are slowly turning into rotten boroughs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6mJw50OdZ4

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Bilirubin posted:

Here's my wishy washy piece of poo poo

poo poo close but no cigar MASSIVE FRAUD TOTALLY RIGGED

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

also john anderson got like 7% of the vote which ran up reagans margins
Yeah, the difference between the winner and second place tells the actual story. Biden won with +2.7% of the popular vote, Reagan with +9.7%.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Please don't award anyone points on correctness just yet, as this very smart (and sane!) mother makes clear in a conversation with her son's teacher:

https://twitter.com/Ricardohhhh/status/1328737205867655168

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
Are there still any states left that haven’t been called?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

twoday posted:

Georgia.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

twoday posted:

Called by whom? OAN still has like six outstanding, but reputable outlets had called them all by like a week ago.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

twoday posted:

georgia's official absolute 100% final total count certification that means someone officially won and no one can claim otherwise forever has a deadline of tomorrow at midnight to complete

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

faithless elector makes it 269 all, house of representitives elects howie hawkins.

you can't elect a fourth place finisher in the house. Only top three you moran.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
unstick this poo poo. cluttering up the loving forum. 9000 loving stickies. gently caress sakes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Grandpa Palpatine posted:

you can't elect a fourth place finisher in the house. Only top three you moran.

I am double owned.