Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Pretty ballsy move to claim cop as scum when you have no idea if someone else has it. Although given DB was probably going to get lunched today anyway...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I always get confused by Jailing, would Sandwolf have seen me go nowhere or would he not be able to visit me at all?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Dick Bastardly posted:

being scum and getting rightfully called out is also frustrating

:emptyquote:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

just received a clarification mod PM that apparently on N3 my tracking of Hal 'failed' as opposed to 'he went nowhere,' but I've still lost my tracking charge because I think Yami accidentally gave me a track on Hal when I shouldn't have received one but idk

Ah missed this at first

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Pretty ballsy move to claim cop as scum when you have no idea if someone else has it. Although given DB was probably going to get lunched today anyway...

you're putting it together

bif might be the scum actually, supporting DB but not taking a big stance behind him

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
There is no way Bif is scum with the whole ASF thing.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I reject Sandwolf's miss-characterization as I have taken my due diligence to breadcrumb my role early, and have also tried not to full claim anytime I got a result in the interest of keeping my role a secret from scum. I don't know any better strategy to play cop but I'm also not claiming to be a mafia all-star either.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

town members: go read DB's "scum caught" post on me, how long it took him to actually come out with his claim, him seemingly waiting for me to post before he makes his 'claim'

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I’m inclined to believe sandwolf here. Consider my vote for db

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Dick Bastardly posted:

I could say basically the exact same for you except you aren't dead after zeroing in on Solus :thunk:

I am very confident Sandwolf is scum ##vote Sandwolf

Dick Bastardly posted:

I am here to Gallantly Ward off evil, and I will succeed in my quest this day. Vote scum Sandwolf with me if you want to take a step closer to victory.

Dick Bastardly posted:

I scanned you with the high-tech visor built into my helmet and detected a guilty conscience.

Dick Bastardly posted:

I've breadcrummed my role:

investigated Hal whom gave me gut feels and got a town result

investigated STG N2 and got a town result

Investigated Scumwolf last night and hit scum. I didn't want to full claim right away if I thought I could make a case instead but eventually took the :effort: route

love when town cops takes an hour and a half to actually claim, despite the fact that he didn't try at ALL to actually build a case on me in that tie=me

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

b-minus1 posted:

I know this probably seems like OMGUS here, but prompting players to "consider" a vote on me (with 1 vote currently) and not actually just doing it in the same post is suss

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

b-minus1 posted:

Nah I think Sandwolf's the scum

So since I'm the big scum mastermind here I better hard bus him too this is good for my plan

##vote Sandwolf

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Dick Bastardly posted:

I know this probably seems like OMGUS here, but prompting players to "consider" a vote on me (with 1 vote currently) and not actually just doing it in the same post is suss

Yeah, if your result on Sandwolf is true and your cop claim and results are all legit that leaves binus as the scummiest dude standing by process of elimination

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I have admitted that I should've done a much better job at pushing a case versus taking an easier route and basically claiming. I'll take that as a fault, but it doesn't change the game state one iota. Sandwolf's still scum.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Dick Bastardly posted:

I have admitted that I should've done a much better job at pushing a case versus taking an easier route and basically claiming. I'll take that as a fault, but it doesn't change the game state one iota. Sandwolf's still scum.

what are your N1 and N2 results?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Dick Bastardly posted:

Hell me and Obama already thought you might've been softclaiming a little too hard before on Hal

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

town members: go read DB's "scum caught" post on me, how long it took him to actually come out with his claim, him seemingly waiting for me to post before he makes his 'claim'

I dunno why would he outright claim, always better to see if you can get the push without it

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hal Incandenza posted:

I dunno why would he outright claim, always better to see if you can get the push without it

yeah but he literally didn't even slightly try that, he starts softclaiming as soon as he starts pushing me

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Sandwolf posted:

How many arms does an armsmaster have? Over under General Grievous

oh yeah here's MY breadcrumb

grievous has 4 arms = JOAT 4 abilities usually

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Sandwolf posted:

there can be a scum JOAT lol, we've covered this

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

Ummm I dunno man

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Dick Bastardly posted:

why does no one else see how desperate this is

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hal Incandenza posted:

Ummm I dunno man

then just vote me so I can be done with this and you can all look at my flip and feel like prize asses for believing such a transparently desperate claim

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Sandwolf posted:

:ironicat:

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Dick Bastardly posted:

Lol wtf

Ok ##vote db I really think it’s him.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I will say if Sand and Tommu are scum together then obviously he wouldn’t have tried to track me. So is Sandwolf clever enough to realize his error in saying he fake tracked me nowhere and then alter that to say he was fake mod-messaged that the result was inaccurate?

Yeah probably but it does give me pause

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Looks like everyone's checked in now so we can go ahead instead of taking it slow with the hammer now right

I only just woke up but my brain demands constant stimulation and I wanna see the flip and the next day now now now

Sandwolf posted:

Because it's truuuuuue? JOAT is the very definition of a role that can be equally scum or town come on mate haha

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

Lol wtf

Ok ##vote db I really think it’s him.

Why is that so outlandish?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sandwolf posted:

then just vote me so I can be done with this and you can all look at my flip and feel like prize asses for believing such a transparently desperate claim

Like mate, maybe you are town and the result is wrong but I'd think a framer or something is more likely than "this totally textbook way DB has breadcrumbed and played as a claimed cop makes NO SENSE!!!!1! Omg what you think a JOAT could be SCUM how DESPARATE amirite!!!"

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hal Incandenza posted:

Why is that so outlandish?

he's very obviously seeing that DB is accepting I'm a JOAT and just needs me to be scum still

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Bifauxnen posted:

Like mate, maybe you are town and the result is wrong but I'd think a framer or something is more likely than "this totally textbook way DB has breadcrumbed and played as a claimed cop makes NO SENSE!!!!1! Omg what you think a JOAT could be SCUM how DESPARATE amirite!!!"

Bif, this is weak, even for you. He is a player who nearly everyone has described as scummy at some point in the game. He's now down two teammates. He is about to successfully manage to get the town to lunch an strong rear end PR for the scum.

He hasn't played textbook in any way shape or form. He said "on the beat" earlier ooooh what a breadcrumb. He opened the day by saying a lot of things indicating he had a PR, but spent an hour and a half NOT claiming, while posting, increasingly breadcrumbing a result, before disappearing for a bit and then coming back to claim.

that is not textbook town cop

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

alright real talk, after DB it could be binus too, it's giving me some pause that he's the only one who seems to know how obvious this is and he could be trying to look good after my flip

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Bifauxnen posted:

Looks like everyone's checked in now so we can go ahead instead of taking it slow with the hammer now right

I think we’re getting/have gotten plenty of interesting claim information and I don’t see a need to rush a decision unless you’re under the impression you can rush us into an incorrect one. This day is what, six hours old?

I’d like to work on a claim spreadsheet because we’ve learned a lot today.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Bifauxnen posted:

I only just woke up but my brain demands constant stimulation and I wanna see the flip and the next day now now now

agreed with this let's goooo

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sandwolf posted:

Bif, this is weak, even for you. He is a player who nearly everyone has described as scummy at some point in the game. He's now down two teammates. He is about to successfully manage to get the town to lunch an strong rear end PR for the scum.

He hasn't played textbook in any way shape or form. He said "on the beat" earlier ooooh what a breadcrumb. He opened the day by saying a lot of things indicating he had a PR, but spent an hour and a half NOT claiming, while posting, increasingly breadcrumbing a result, before disappearing for a bit and then coming back to claim.

that is not textbook town cop

Lol you haven't commented on the JOAT thing and for good reason. How is it obvious desperate scum play to think the hallowed role of JOAT could be scum

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Referee posted:

I think we’re getting/have gotten plenty of interesting claim information and I don’t see a need to rush a decision unless you’re under the impression you can rush us into an incorrect one. This day is what, six hours old?

take a stance on what's happening

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Bifauxnen posted:

Lol you haven't commented on the JOAT thing and for good reason. How is it obvious desperate scum play to think the hallowed role of JOAT could be scum

eye roll

I have a valid cop result on Sal, there's no reason for me to step out on a limb for him unless I actually have a result

I have a psuedo-valid track result on Hal, I was supposed to be blocked but I lost the tracking charge anyways because I was still told Hal didn't go anywhere.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Referee posted:

I'd just like to not drag things out cause I think scum have got a bum deal this game and Sandwolf is prolly legit frustrated

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Sandwolf posted:

take a stance on what's happening

I plan to after I’ve had an actual chance to, you know, look at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Hal Incandenza posted:

I will say if Sand and Tommu are scum together then obviously he wouldn’t have tried to track me. So is Sandwolf clever enough to realize his error in saying he fake tracked me nowhere and then alter that to say he was fake mod-messaged that the result was inaccurate?

Yeah probably but it does give me pause

:ocelot: