Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
you must take this car

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Some states have moved to some depreciated value of original MSRP for tax purposes to prevent various shenanigans. The upside is that old cars are very cheap to buy and register.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

I think the new family dynamics angle means you should pass on it.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Agrikk posted:

I have the cash ready to go, but obviously my aunt and cousin have bigger fish to fry (and stomachs to mend).

Right now I’m just stressed that my aunt will sell the car out from under me while I jump up and down on the sidelines waving a stack of hundreds saying “take my money!”

if she doesnt have time to sell it to you how is she gonna have time to sell it to some rando

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Applebees Appetizer posted:

I imagine he's probably worried about someone offering more for it the longer it sits around

isn't it in the garage? who's going to come along and find it?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Hagerty is the go to, I believe.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Mustache Ride posted:

I insured my Scout as a weekend driver stored inside with Amica. Its outside under a tarp, and I drive it whenever I drat well please.

this works fine until you want to file a big dollar claim and the questions start

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

meatpimp posted:

Most insurance companies will have a "declared value" coverage option, just have to discuss with your agent. Depending on the agent / company, they may shop different underwriters, but it is definitely do-able.

Yeah, that's definitely a good way to go.

What I was saying is that saying your car is garaged and not daily driven when you are in fact not doing that is a good way to potentially get a claim denied, if insurance cares enough to investigate you.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

If you want to use it as your daily a stated value policy should work but it will likely be expensive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Agreed that AAA is a good rec. You can always get a tow to at least a nearby mechanic that will probably prevent your car from getting jacked up on the side of the road at minimum.