Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
In retrospect it was really weird that the Dodgers all lined up and Justin Turner went "I tested positive for SARS-CoV-2, the novel coronavirus AKA COVID-19" to each of them before open-mouth kissing each and every Dodger in the post-game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/BrentTerhune/status/1321500485753409536

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

TONY LA RUSSA?!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

whats the quote about facing TLR where it has like "suddenly you look up and a second baseman is pitching and you're down by 5 runs." Sorry I can't remember BECAUSE HE HASN'T COACHED IN ALMOST A DECADE

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I was just thinking "how many 'player looking off forlornly as the header image while we lament contracts and contract offers' articles do we get this offseason?" And we are already at 1

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

bawfuls posted:

The Dodgers lost two Cy Young finalists and still won the World Series

https://twitter.com/ericstephen/status/1323400815353057280

drat and they did it without adding the presumptive mvp

hold on lemme double check that roster

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Hope he doesn't become Vladimir Sandoval

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

The Pussy Boss posted:

The San Francisco Giants have won an Award. It's been a couple years since that happened, so :toot:

https://twitter.com/SFGiants/status/1324493333201182720

DONNIE BARRELS

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

The Pussy Boss posted:

Heyman predicted that Bauer will sign with the Giants for 5/150.

We absolutely need a SP and he's the best one available. But $30 million a year for a 3.9 ERA pitcher who wasn't that great until like his 5th year in the majors makes me itch. Gonna be interesting to see how high the bidding goes. (I don't put any stock in Bauer's one-year contract stuff. He's the best free agent and he's gonna get paid)

No no no no no no no

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

lol I forgot about the dodger org criminality pivot tables

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Bawfuls the Dodgers can go to the White House :unsmith:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

2010 - NL West wins
2012 - NL West wins
2014 - NL West wins
2016 - NL West does not win
*enter the chaos realm*
2018 - NL West does not win
2020 - NL West wins
*exit the chaos realm*

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Intruder posted:

2010 wasn't such a great year Spo

look just let me have this okay!!! I am trying to reach across the aisle to bawfuls!!!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1325287203224903680

whoopsiedoozle wonder how that might have happened

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

oh so its fine that justin turner licked every dodger on the lips after he tested positive nm

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

The Pussy Boss posted:

Even with Gausman returning, Giants still need to sign at least one SP. Our top pitching prospects are still like a year away, and like most minor leaguers they haven't played for a year so who even knows. Taking a look at the top FAs from MLBTR:

If this is really gonna be a slow offseason with teams cheaping out, seems like a smart GM could swoop in and sign a couple of these guys quickly. Maybe we could get Kluber and Smyly on 2-year deals or something? Throw in an option that vests if they dont get hurt?

my kingdom for a full season of my bad pitcher crush, Andrew Smyly

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

gently caress all billionaires but this dude has serious shitposting chops

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Submitting a blank ballot should be grounds for losing your vote for being a grandstanding baby

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I would vote for Omar Vizquel because he was my grandma's favorite player when I was growing up and she would regularly refer to him as "that cutie at shortstop."

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

This might shock you but every country has at least one disgusting as gently caress recipe.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

more falafel please posted:

I didn't go to the meetup, but I did see Big Z pitch an inning for the Dogs in a game that got rained out that year. He got shelled :(

I forgot which thread I clicked on and I thought former Cavaliers center Zydrunas Ilgauskas tried a second career as a minor league pitcher for a second

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

someone submitted a worse ballot than the blank one

https://twitter.com/NotMrTibbs/status/1336177305840803840

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

do it, cowards

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

FlamingLiberal posted:

Why would you want to name your team after the worst team of all time

they already have the browns so

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

bawfuls posted:

nothing to worry about i'm sure elite young athletes trying to choose between sports will take that into consideration

Yeah... a first round MLB pick decided he would rather get CTE than take his chances with baseball, I wouldn't be so dismissive of that calculus going forward because of stingy owners.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Phil Niekro pitched to Willie Mays and Willie McCovey in his first game and Jose Canseco and Mark McGwire in his second-to-last game

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

MLB is off of Belgian-style farmhouse ales

Off Saison

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

11 dynasty points and 3 rings to 24 dynasty points and one asterisk title hell yeah baby

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Is it like coins and stars in mario party where 25 dynasty points is worth as much as a ring when you tally it all up

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

bawfuls posted:

If that’s how your crack-pinged brain works, sure who am I to judge

It's called a joke. I'm sorry your 24 dynasty point team produced one asterisk ring so far but congrats on crushing all the good will for getting over the hump before spring training even started by being a humorless scold

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Dec 31, 2020

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

oh poo poo would you look at that

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Yeah, it came down to the two best teams so it had a perfectly cromulent result, regardless of season length

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

bawfuls you are too easy to rile up man, it was friendly rivalry ribbing

anyway new avatar, probably unrelated

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

bawfuls posted:

Schrödinger’s Asterisk

that's right

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

bawfuls posted:

In this labor environment I worry Puig is gonna get blackballed by this dumb sport

I think Puig will be fine. He had a deal in place with the Braves--I think--before his COVID test. MLB.com reported at least 3 teams in on him, and he's playing in Dominican Winter League.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

bawfuls posted:

He’s going to end up on the Giants somehow isn’t he

Puig MY friend

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Oh it was this

ohhh yea I forgot about that. Goodbye Yasiel.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Intruder posted:

I wonder how many people will be writing "ok I made my point" articles and voting Barrold in for his final year

Given that HOF voting season seems to be mostly about BBWAA grandstanding... how many voters haven't voted for him yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Shut The gently caress Up, Lincoln Project