Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

the_Vandal posted:

Riddle me this, Batman. What's white and wrestle's against women without their consent?

Could you be more specific?

Sadly, you could be more specific. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Hirez posted:

oh no! I got DMCA'd for downloading Walter vs That guy because of this thread, I do like their DMCA letter where they tell me they own everyone/thing

I'm the service marks

Wait, did you stream it like on Dailymotion/Vimeo, or download it and watch it on your computer?

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Power Windows posted:

Chuds have their own RATM in Five Finger Death Punch

The first time my wife saw me go on an absolute rant was when I heard their cover of "House of the Rising Sun."

# There is a house in Sin City #

Me - "Well that's a funny loving way to pronounce New Orleans."

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Power Windows posted:

I really wish people would stop covering "House of the Rising Sun", almost as much as I wish people would stop putting out albums of the gReAt aMeRiCaN sOnGbOoK when they've run out of ideas for original stuff.

If Elias ever covered it, my brain would finally break.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Jerusalem posted:

I promise you that I absolutely will not probate you today, Quantum of Phallus... you know what, gently caress it, I won't probate ANYBODY!

I don't think the Yakuza games are all that interesting. :colbert:

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Orange Carlisle posted:

Jokes aside if you really want to get people riled up just say you don't find Dark Souls interesting or even good and watch them lose their minds - I've been there

...I've...never played a Dark Souls game.

I'm currently playing Pillars of Eternity for the umpteenth time so I can finally get around to Deadfire. I LOVE the twist in PoE and last time out got my favorite bit of dialogue.

quote:

Iovara: The gods are not real.

The Watcher: I KNEW IT!

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Is it Monday, my dudes?

Eh, who the hell cares.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

What, you don't want the Bellas to become the longest-reigning Women's Tag Team champions, meaning the WWE has the best women's wrestling in the world?

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
And Kim Kardashian broke the Internet. Sure, and Grizzly Adams had a beard.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Extremely big lol if Zelina Vega ends up doing more for wrestling labour rights by refusing to give up her twitch than David Starr managed in his whole scumbag life

Avalanches begin from one pebble.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
The article does raise a point I haven't thought about...where is Charlotte? Did she get injured?

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

KungFu Grip posted:

Looking that up I saw that they canceled a Velveteen Dream action figure that was supposed to be out next month.

They're redesigning the packaging to clearly state 18-and-older.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Golden Bee posted:

Lights go out. Blood runs cold. Glaciers back baby

Best AEW Dark ever.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Did I miss the ratings for this week's historic Monday Night RAW?

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
The worst part is...that could have been a decent show. I mean, it had decent parts, but WWE's style means the sum of the whole is always lacking.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Jerusalem posted:

How much of that does he get paid out of his downside :thunk:

A yard's worth?

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

BrigadierSensible posted:

Thank you for listening to my rant. I'll have a Whopper and a Medium Fanta.

Sir this is a Whataburger.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Davros1 posted:

Please, please, please don't let Vince see this :pray:

Well, we'll always have Will Hobbs...

...HOW DO YOU gently caress KEITH LEE UP?!? HOW?!?

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

ChrisBTY posted:

I mean why have stars when the money you make has nothing to do with the quality of the product you put out? Just break down your talent emotionally and treat them as replaceable cogs in a machine. That way you can have all the money AND all the power. The true American Dream.

Scarface would have been a vastly different movie if it went down this path.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Grendels Dad posted:

post/username combo

I think we can just call the monthly thread here.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

sportsgenius86 posted:

I’m more confused about how anyone would’ve thought they wouldn’t gently caress Keith Lee up

I'm what my best friend calls "stupidly optimistic."

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

I wouldn't call WWE chaos. It's 100% packaged stagnant order. Even the rebellion is branded.

CobiWann fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Nov 25, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

reignofevil posted:

Without being privy to anything my guess as to their tortured logic would be that by cutting where they do, in their minds they are concealing that the punches etc aren't necessarily landing or landing with much impact. Concealing is a way of showing less and so by doing more cuts they are concealing more which is revealing less. Which is dumb and relies on a rhetorical trick to confuse the nature of what the audience is asking for less of and I'd be completely shocked if what was happening was anything other than this exact kind of rhetorical gaslighting.

If asked, how would you sum up the difference between WWE's style of presentation vs. AEW's style of presentation?