Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

EBB posted:

It's that time brother, OHHHHH YEAHHHHHH

Hulkamania has been running MILD so the MACHO MAN HIMSELF is BACK to shitpost until this match is decided OHHHH YEAH

Only the CREAM of the CROP will be able to keep posting to the end and my question to you is

ARE

YOU

BAD ENOUGH

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

https://youtu.be/jH-mwIV2pp8

Fallom posted:

Reddit is full of stories of parents and spouses stealing ballots. It’s nuts.

A lot of these Right Wing evangelical fucks are telling each other to basically force their spouses to vote Trump. Its loving sick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

As usual for Florida.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Best Friends posted:

It's absolutely incredible this isn't a blowout. That it's probably going to be close after this year is a huge win for conservatives, win or lose.

Wonder how much Covid and USPS fuckery accounts for.

We may not know for sure till Friday.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Pine Cone Jones posted:

That's what I'm going to bed assuming, unfortunately.

Trump can take most of the SouthEast and Northwest and still lose.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

While the equivalent of voting for Alexander Stephens.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Defenestrategy posted:

If I remember correctly his stance was "Maybe, I'll think about it*"

*absolutely not even if he had the power to do so.

He wanted a "Bipartisan Review"

So, no.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Because he doesn't need him anymore: He still has the senate, he has SCOTUS, he can sit back for the next 2-4 years and blame everything in Biden and feed his lobbyists and have enough dirt to sling around claiming the coming crash is the Dems fault.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

MRC48B posted:

Redeem yourself, Georgia.

Or face Sherman's wrath.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Proud Christian Mom posted:

the GOP has four years to figure out how to tame the mob again while nothing fundamentally changes and they can just drape all the problems around Democrats neck in two and four years.

they lost virtually nothing except the lunatic they couldn't control. it was a great night for them.

Yeah, Biden is a win for them, it'd be worse if they'd lost the senate, but they actually gained seats in the house, and might be able to take it in 2022.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/BrodyLogan/status/1324099928667291648?s=20

ded posted:

if trump doesnt get 270 hes going to cry to his stacked supreme court to overturn it

He's lined up to lose like 2 states that he needs now, even IF SCOTUS went into a recount, he'd probably come out worse.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Milo and POTUS posted:

The reprieve is down to two year lmao

Yeah, its very temporary, and GOP usually makes good gains in midterms, so.....

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/CourtneyDBryant/status/1324139665285328899?s=20

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Some good news out of my county:

https://twitter.com/Taniel/status/1324119848964755456?s=20

loving ICE loving racist white sheriff lost. Good.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Seems like the senate might actually be in play? Hearing it might be 48-48 now. If Ossoff wins his runoff in Jan, could make senate a +1 Dem majority.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

I thought Ossoff was down by 100k to Perdue right now. Loeffler-Warnock is the run off in January.

Ah, yes your correct. Its Warnock. Either way.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Bored As gently caress posted:

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2020/11/the-elections-troubling-message-even-if-trump-loses-americas-political-civil-war-isnt-over/

The Election’s Troubling Message: Even if Trump Loses, America’s Political Civil War Isn’t Over

The soul of the nation remains in peril.

The Soul of the Nation is dead, and this election is proof.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Then let's get busy :spooky::science::ghost: raising the loving dead :ghost::science::spooky:

Only if Sherman and Grant are the first raised.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Pine Cone Jones posted:

Don't forget John Brown

But of course!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

The DCCC and DNC are loving morons. They want to be GOP lite, the "Moderates" but they keep forgetting that the GOP/RNC has proven that won't attracted Republicans, because they want Trumpism.

Then they snubbed their best people like AOC/Omar/etc. at the DNC and are surprised that Republicans didn't turn out to vote for GOP lite that DCCC ran on.

Its amazing we got this much of the Popular vote as it is.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Trump is never gonna concede.

Like, ever.

I can see a concession being given in person by a surrogate to Biden via phonecall or whatever, but can you even imagine Trump admitting defeat on camera?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9uarq2_hQ8

Doesn't matter. Much like Trump arguing he can stop the vote count, the machinery is moving on without him

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Pine Cone Jones posted:

I tried to watch his vietnam documentary, but I had trouble making it through without getting notably drunk.

It was pretty good in that regard, in that it portrayed the war as a fuckup of epic proportions.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

bulletsponge13 posted:

Are you being willfully dense, or just provoking?

Because I'm still voting for evil, you dipshit. Because it isn't affecting change. It's stopping the bleeding, not fixing poo poo. It's endorsing the current system, and rewarding a group of loving assholes who don't give a gently caress about the average person.

Do you really not get why I wouldn't want an old man suffering through dementia with sexual assault allegations in office? Just because he isn't orange doesn't mean he's good. It just means he's less bad. And voting for evil will always beget more evil.

Is this your first election or something?

I think Southpark covered this already.

You don't live in a system that allows or tolerates a 3rd party candidate, and you are actively making things worse by pretending a protest vote or even not voting at all is somehow noble.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

bulletsponge13 posted:

Where did I say it was?

I made my statement. I don't really give a gently caress about your opinion on who I voted for or why.

Biden is a lovely person. We need to stop rewarding the system for nominating lovely people. Not sure why that is hard to get. Playing the game prolongs the game. If it weren't for my daughter, I would have voted for who best aligned with my views and hopes for America. And that ain't loving Biden.

I love the justification. "You have to vote for evil or your vote doesn't count!" gently caress that. I'd rather my vote not loving count than do another thing for my country that makes me feel like poo poo inside.

The primaries are the place for that. The Presidential election is the wrong time to be pretending your saving anyone by not holding your nose and voting for the turd burger over the poo poo sandwich, which has been the choice since time began.

Given the margins we are down to: I do give a gently caress that you refused to participate in this, and the sooner we require you to vote by law, the better.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Internet Wizard posted:

Biden isn’t even officially president-elect yet and already we’ve got the Lib-brained “you’re not allowed to wish things were better” lecturing.

We all wish it were better. But its not going to be better if Trump had won because a bunch of people protest voted, and we are down to near those sort of margins.

The idea that I LIKE Biden/Harris is laughable.

The change that needs to be done is at the state/party level.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Kill Me, Senpai!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Fister Roboto posted:

The next four years are going to be a new, special kind of hell.

loving BLM members held their nose and voted for Biden/Harris, a friend of segregationists and a cop.

Tell me more about how your refusal to vote for them makes you a saint.

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

He said he did vote for Biden, specifically because of his daughter.

Good!

bulletsponge13 posted:

And gently caress off with mandatory voting. Part of system is choice to not participate. You don't have to like it, but just because you have the right to do something doesn't mean you should be forced to.

Lack of participation is part of why we're in the mess. And while I didn't scroll far enough back to see your post about voting for Biden, which is my bad, we still had pretty lovely overall participation.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

bulletsponge13 posted:

Reading comp is hard, I guess. I did participate. I didn't and don't like it.

And no, it's not. You speak with your vote in out democratic process. You are also assuming I can participate in Primaries, which I can't in my State. Even if I could/did, I can still make my choices about poo poo on Rye or Wheat, because those aren't the only two options. Just because they are the only two you consider, doesn't mean that is the rules of the game.

I fully apologize for missing the post where you said you did vote.

But actually: Until we get rid of First Past The Post and the Electoral College: It is the rules of the game. Its a lovely game. But its the rules. These are the rules we have to change. And to do that: We need participation. A LOT of it. We all agree with you: The rules need to change, and we need better choices for public office. But we cannot do that if you don't participate.

PookBear posted:

he literally voted for biden, he's just worried about the negative impacts of four more years of a dem president doing gently caress all other than maintaining the status quo.

The status quo literally wanted to, basically, kill people.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Nov 6, 2020

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Mr. Nice! posted:

Hey, fuckheads, biden loving won today. Stop, take a moment, and celebrate. This is not a time for fighting. Trump loving lost. He will be gone. Yes, work must be done to fix how hosed up everything is, and there may not be a way to really get it done. Biden is going to be far less than perfect, but Trump loving lost today and will no longer be president in three months. Soak it in and enjoy something for a few hours.

I'm super excited. But now I have to prep for a Jan runoff to get two GA senators into the Senate to gently caress McConnell. So I have to go get MORE people to participate in a system they don't like.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Mr. Nice! posted:

I don’t have any booze so this is how I’m celebrating. I suggest you do the same and love your fellow man.

I'm buying myself more lab sample quality radioisotopes to celebrate.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Fister Roboto posted:

Well hey, now that Trump is out, it means that we can all make valid criticisms of Biden without comparing him to Trump, right?

Right?

Go for it, there's plenty to criticize.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Duzzy Funlop posted:

You fuckers are gonna make me sleep through another night for a result, aren't you?`

At least I'm gonna finish another rewatch of Ken Burns Vietnam War at this rate.

Yeah, a bunch of pollsters are scratching their heads as to what the AP is waiting for to call this, since its a done deal even with a recount at this point.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

lightpole posted:

Pretty sure the only reason he ran is to get Trump out of office. He is only doing 1 term and is anything but dynamic. I wish he had run 4 years ago so we wouldn't be in this position. Biden barely managed to beat Trump, I have a strong suspicion Bernie would not have done any better, probably even worse as they would have been able to label him a radical and attack him with the riots.

The immediate ability to start calling for each others blood and instantly poo poo on Biden is rather amazing.

Yeah, the House/Senate and State Legislatures are the real places we need wins. We could possibly stomach a Trump presidency if we had a sane legislature, we don't.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Zamujasa posted:

Biden sucks poo poo.

In terms of how Bernie would have done, I honestly think the best thing to look at is Nevada's democratic caucuses. Early voting used ranked-choice forms.

Bernie nearly doubled the totals of any other candidate. After the final realignment, he won with 40% of the vote, well over the 18% Biden got in second place.

The real main challenge with Bernie or any other actual progressive is that the people who run the party are garbage, and when you have that kind of power you can do a lot to stifle any sort of change.

Yeah, DCCC and DNC keep being surprised that the people they push over progressives lose, and their god damned response after this election is "We need to be more moderate"

Yeah. More Moderate. In an Overton window shifted right. DCCC and DNC seem to think that appealing to Republicans is somehow going to win them the day, and then lose.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

not caring here posted:

You imagine what being around trump must be like right now?

That fat son of a bitch is facing a 120 mil tax bill adjudication, likely as he walks out the door. Legal problems of varying severity most likely until the day he dies. Half a bil of personally guaranteed debt coming due in 2 years.

But he's got Rudy Giuliani to help him out.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

His debts are also coming due as soon as he walks out the door, and Deutsch Bank is kinda done with him.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

not caring here posted:

I thought he was good with deutsch bank for 2 more years?

No, they gave him leniency and helped wipe some of his debt when he took office, but most of his debt, something like $1 billion of it, comes due next year sometime.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danale...sh=521d54725f37

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

CBJSprague24 posted:

Wasn't there a post in the current events thread just before this one was started talking about Trump fearing Federal probes in addition to nine figures worth of loans coming due?

I mean, odds are kinda stacked against him:
New York wants to see his taxes and open his books. His kids are likely in trouble for fraud there
His debts are coming due, and he's been using his properties as a way to funnel money....somewhere. Might not even be to his own pockets.
I'd be surprised if his expenditures against the Secret Service and other Federal Departments for lodging at Trump properties don't get investigated
Kushner and Trump's sons used the Executive Office as their own personal fraud department
Even if he doesn't face jail time, and he most likely won't, a lot of his empire is in trouble.

And that's just him. There's his appointees and what they did, there's the appointments that were never confirmed, there's the poo poo Devos pulled. There's a laundry list of investigations that could go for multiple presidencies. Trump will likely be dead long before its all settled.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Nov 6, 2020

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

PookBear posted:

gonna have a chuckle if trump's presidential retirement checks get garnished

I could see that happening. He was using billing against the DOD, SS, and others to stay at his facilities. I suspect a lot of that money will be demanded back by the Feds.

Plus, the misappropriation of funds that we already know about, like using DOD funding to build the wall or using funds outside of their specified purposes.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Nov 6, 2020

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Zamujasa posted:

I did, because it's not part of the same thread. Twitter is great.

The bolded part is what I focused on, especially because of garbage like this:
https://twitter.com/ericawerner/status/1324439295847968768

I think we agree on point of "progressives aren't the reasons the Ds did poorly in this election, it's the fact that the D establishment is poo poo". Sorry for the confusion.

I mean, part of that is because the supposed left party constantly runs away from those issues.

Embrace the actual progressive policies, work them into your platform, bash the media in the head until it starts actually educating voters and stops with false equivalency and "both sides" nonsense.

I'd also like a pony and a few billion dollars, since that has about the same chance of happening.

Yeah, Spanburger is an idiot, and they keep sacrificing they key supporters to try to court GOP voters away, and it never works.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

TCD posted:

I mean - Spanberger and say - AOC's districts are hugely different. VA made a lot of blue inroads that would probably be considered R voters a decade ago. What she is saying is probably true for a few districts.

E: Now - is it worth it to chase the right and sacrifice the left? Probably not.

Maybe for hers, but her argument basically reflects Pelosi and the DCCC which OPENLY tried to support candidates to push out Progressives like Omar and AOC. They think moving Moderate in a Overton Political Window shifted right will somehow pry people away from the GOP and their cult.

Hell, as AOC pointed out, DCCC punished and banned groups for working with progressives.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Nov 6, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Well thank you Amazon

Hahaha :sickos: