Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I am not a very social media savvy person. I mean I use it but its to look at cat pics, dog pics, quick how to tutorials and lie about how happy my life is (it actually is really good tbqh, thanks for asking)

A few of the other threads have had some derails, nothing majorly bad but still noticeable, and more discussions about the ethical or unethical things that people post on their social media. From Pat Downey to Keenis Cornelius.

:siren: Post Links/Images/Examples :siren:

What this thread is for

This is for posting about the lovely things people from combat sports post and talk about. Be it QAnon insanity, racist dogwhistling, etc.

Feel free to discuss why that stuff is bad, how its lovely and also why nobody should support that person financially (eg. don't buy from X sponsor, they sponsor that guy).

If you want to post about some feel good content, feel free to do that too. There was an instagram post of Kennedy Maciel helping his opponent off the mat I saw and that was very :shobon: and I would be happy to see that as well as the bad things people say or do on social media.

What this thread is not for

Remember the golden rule, don't touch the poop.

If someone in here disagrees with your take, keep it civil. If you can't keep it civil, don't engage. If you can't help but engaging, then you'll be warned. If you ignore the warning get probated.

I'm going to keep an eye on this thread and will be tolerant of a lot, but remember if I ask you to stop then for the love of god just stop. If you disagree with my request, feel free to PM me. I think that's a fair thing to ask.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Feb 12, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

02-6611-0142-1
Sep 30, 2004

People on twitter are currently campaigning to get Former Strikeforce Champion and Esteemed Hottie Gina Carano fired from The Mandalorian for posting a bunch of transphobic and anti-mask stuff.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

02-6611-0142-1 posted:

People on twitter are currently campaigning to get Former Strikeforce Champion and Esteemed Hottie Gina Carano fired from The Mandalorian for posting a bunch of transphobic and anti-mask stuff.

Should have mentioned "cite your sources/post examples" in the OP

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

02-6611-0142-1 posted:

smh for not mentioning her big break, American Gladiators

content: I think mark coleman is getting better from his heart attack and I'm glad of it

https://twitter.com/Markcolemanmma/status/1330349810071838721

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

The grappling thread has been dead for a while due to a GLOBAL PANDEMIC. Do we really need a separate thread for talking about the stupid poo poo Tom DeBlass said?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SuppressdPuberty93 posted:

The grappling thread has been dead for a while due to a GLOBAL PANDEMIC. Do we really need a separate thread for talking about the stupid poo poo Tom DeBlass said?

The grappling thread hasnt been dead but it has seen less active posting yeah. I laid out the value of this thread and people's desire to have a place they can focus more on technique discussion without derails where people post "DID YOU SEE WHAT MICHAEL PINNOCHIO SAID ON INSTAGRAM????" disrupting it in the OP and in the Grapplig Thread. This thread isn't also solely for grappling people to talk about the notable people who post dumb things on social media, it can be any combat sports person you wanna shine a light on. You see it just 2 posts above with someone talkong about Gina Carano. I don't think there's such finite real estate on this internet forum that we can't have two very wildly varying topics have their own threads. Like I said this thread has been an idea kicked around for some time before the current state of things.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Nov 24, 2020

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Gordon Ryan is a dumb nazi poo poo head and so is Renzo and John Danaher and if you give them page views or money, you’re enabling their racist message

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

omg chael crash posted:

Gordon Ryan is a dumb nazi poo poo head and so is Renzo and John Danaher and if you give them page views or money, you’re enabling their racist message

OK again, as I mentioned to my guy 646846816168431354687641651^420 in the third post, post examples/citations.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Nov 24, 2020

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

So, for me, it’s notable that despite all the dumb poo poo Gordon Ryan has posted (most lately mocking a homeless person on his insta for the crime of being homeless, but there’s a list as long as your arm), none of his coaches or teammates seem to feel the need to distance themselves from this.

So I can only assume the gym culture around Danaher is suspect as gently caress, to say the least.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

This thread inspired me to go check out one of Jason "Mayhem" Miller's last tweets

https://twitter.com/mayhemmiller/status/1266060144250458113

02-6611-0142-1
Sep 30, 2004

Okay summary of the Gina Carano drama:

She started posting stuff like this:
https://twitter.com/ginacarano/status/1327806477923323904
https://twitter.com/ginacarano/status/1328027205016850434

And then the twitter horde started interrogating her about her beliefs and if she supported BLM and stuff like that. Later she added "beep/bop/boop" where other people would put pronouns, and some people said it was disrespectful and they were piling onto her to put real pronouns up as a way of apology. She refused, doubled down, and started posting a lot of stuff about how she felt bullied, and has declared that she's going to move to whatever that alternative-facebook-conservative-safespace thing is called. Later on she posted an apology where she said that Pedro Pascal had sort of sat her down and explained a bunch of stuff to her, but people are still mad at her.

So it's actually not too bad, but I expect we'll can see her getting trumpier in the future. I listened to an interview with her once where she kept talking about "energy" and stuff so I kinda get white-yoga-mum vibes from her.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Yeah masks suck poo poo.

*Is in a very successful show where the main character's aesthetic is his cool as gently caress mask/helmet*

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
I find it pretty funny that this thread exists cause of a smattering of semi-off topic posts like once a month lol.

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

leftist heap posted:

I find it pretty funny that this thread exists cause of a smattering of semi-off topic posts like once a month lol.

It’s a bit much isn’t it but eh

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Mekchu posted:

OK again, as I mentioned to my guy 646846816168431354687641651^420 in the third post, post examples/citations.

what about everything he's ever said, he's a shithead chud.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ICHIBAHN posted:

what about everything he's ever said, he's a shithead chud.

Then it shouldn't be difficult to post examples?

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

320 a month for a sentra..? bruh

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I can't see asking random strangers on Instagram to lease out your buddies car going poorly at all. Nope, not at all.

02-6611-0142-1
Sep 30, 2004

A fun game with Tom DeBlass’s instagram is to track down the cognitive dissonance posts and put them side by side.

Like, get one of the ones where he talks about how we’ve gotta end bullying, then stick it between the ones where he says you need to be tougher to kids, the ones where he dunks on fat people for being fat, and the ones where he says that kids should fight more to build character.

02-6611-0142-1 fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Nov 25, 2020

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

This is why fighters are somehow dumber than pro wrestlers. I love them.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
find your own examples ffs, stop defending him, it reflects really badly on you

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

this thread rules

02-6611-0142-1
Sep 30, 2004

this one is only a week old

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007

SuppressdPuberty93 posted:

Yeah, thread wasn't highly active pre-covid either. I don't mind training discussions intermixed with discussion of Renzo's fascism, Gordons dog whistling, etc.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
thread going great thanks

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

02-6611-0142-1 posted:

this one is only a week old

why would you sit next to them if they have the plague and you're not even wearing a mask :confused:

artism
Nov 22, 2011

It’s nice of him to refer to that homeless person as a thing. To many, they are simply invisible

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Don’t forget to screenshot your tweets for when they eventually get deleted.

artism
Nov 22, 2011

I mean on the whole the upper echelon of BJJ stardom is getting better, though. Renzo was an outright Nazi apologist and the Gracies on the whole despise the poor, whereas now the racism is coded and the hatred of poors euphemistic

artism fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Nov 25, 2020

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

ICHIBAHN posted:

thread going great thanks

You don't have to participate if you don't want to.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

piratepilates posted:

why would you sit next to them if they have the plague and you're not even wearing a mask :confused:

Gord had covid earlier so he's probably still immune

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

drat, he's right

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Screenshot because this will inevitably get deleted

https://twitter.com/philbaroni/status/1331786975439937537

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

We already talked about this in the UFC thread but I present quite possibly the nuttiest guy in combat sports, Jared "the Killa Gorilla" Cannonier

https://mobile.twitter.com/alexscaffidi_/status/1289566554338648065

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

02-6611-0142-1 posted:

What is a bunch of transphobic stuff? I've seen the coronavirus stuff.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

She got pissy with someone on Twitter about their pronouns, and then doubled down and made fun of trans folk in her bio. She’s a full blown scumbag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

omg chael crash posted:

She got pissy with someone on Twitter about their pronouns, and then doubled down and made fun of trans folk in her bio. She’s a full blown scumbag

I haven't seen any of that first part you mentioned.

I did see that she said her pronouns were beep, boop, and bop when people were asking her.