Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I don't know if this was mentioned before, but the giant mechs that are chilling out around Asaka port give a metric fuckton of XP. I went from 47 to 50 in about 15-30 minutes just running around murdering them all. I was going fast because Shock straight up one shots them.

It could just be a fluke because I have not tested it on a lower level character and something wonky might have been happening with my XP gain. But, I think with more testing I can say with confidence that this might be the fastest way to get XP. So, take it with a grain of salt. Unless one of you want to test it before I get off of work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Just saw this in the tutorial again and lol, I'm pretty sure I never once had to worry about their routines even though I sneaked through the entire game.

Killstick
Jan 17, 2010
Is there an Iconic Ashura? I must have it if so. When i google it people don't know the difference between legendary and iconic, it's infuriating.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Infinite Karma posted:

I don't know if you guys noticed, but Panam has a custom walking animation where she takes smaller steps, extra quickly, with her legs together, for maximum rear end aesthetics.

Thirst trap sprung

mkvltra
Nov 1, 2020

WirelessPillow posted:

I'm one of those that don't like Panam, Her schemes are nuts and she drags her "family" into it despite risks. when they give her leadership rights they play as a "she was right all along" but it was pure loving luck and the whole situation is batshit. and when doing the Aldecaldos ending it definitely feels more fleshed out than most endings but Panam still is woefully unprepared for her situation. gently caress she fails to understand why Mitch needs to go back to help because of her personal interest in the safety of those directly in front of her. The first playthrough I stopped before the tank mission because I couldn't tolerate her insane decisions and flip flopping anger when someone even remotely challenges her ideas. She behaves like a 15 year old with only her own self interest in mind and it drove me nuts. Second playthrough I pushed through it just to see the Aldecaldos ending, but the game pretending to redeem her doesn't actually redeem her.

Every character has their flaws, but hers are as me me me as my toddler.

That's really, really sexist.

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

lunar detritus posted:

Just saw this in the tutorial again and lol, I'm pretty sure I never once had to worry about their routines even though I sneaked through the entire game.

V's log, entry 48.9:

"This Maelstrom thug likes to end his patrol t-posing into a vending machine for five minutes. Good to know"

PerilPastry fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Dec 30, 2020

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Killstick posted:

Is there an Iconic Ashura? I must have it if so. When i google it people don't know the difference between legendary and iconic, it's infuriating.

I know there is a legendary one, but I have never seen an iconic one. Not to say it does not exist somewhere in the game, but I have close to 200 hours and I have never seen an iconic one.

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

Axe-man posted:

Jesus even male V recognizes that judy was pretty emotionally manipulated by evelyn and this is a bad time. :stonk:

Judy is the type that I generally settle down with for like a 5 year relationship until they decide that I'm not good enough or not going in the direction they want. :smith:

Eitherway, stop cheating on them you monster.

Judy is the kind of woman I've dated in my life where I was so sure I wanted this right up until the moment she decides it's time for commitment at which point I get massive anxiety and have to nope the gently caress out despite getting exactly what I wanted from the get go.

Don't get me wrong the Judy romance is great and she's great, I'm just a massive commitment phobe and going the path of glory actually let me breathe a sigh of relief.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
No, no smart sniper rifle iconic. There's foolishly 2 of the power weapon variety instead.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
No iconic tech shotgun/quasar makes me sad :smith:.

Hopefully the DLC will add a bunch of new weapons and hacks so we can break the game even further.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mesadoram posted:

No iconic tech shotgun/quasar makes me sad :smith:.

Hopefully the DLC will add a bunch of new weapons and hacks so we can break the game even further.

tech mantis blades :getin:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

tech mantis blades :getin:

It's just the drill arm from Bioshock.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Thanks to the camera mod there's a whole new world of photos I can take at high resolution

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Can I somehow buy this convertible? I just randomly found it on some garage in Arroyo at a NCPD gig.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Infinite Karma posted:

I don't know if you guys noticed, but Panam has a custom walking animation where she takes smaller steps, extra quickly, with her legs together, for maximum rear end aesthetics.

Assthetics.

Also, Panam is well-written and -voiced, but is a pretty unpleasant person to me. It's cool if y'all are attracted to people who bristle at anything other than complete agreement with what they've just said, but I'll pass.

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

mkvltra posted:

That's really, really sexist.

What about my statement is sexist? My opinion on the behavior wouldn't change if it was a robot.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

homullus posted:

Assthetics.

Also, Panam is well-written and -voiced, but is a pretty unpleasant person to me. It's cool if y'all are attracted to people who bristle at anything other than complete agreement with what they've just said, but I'll pass.

She's basically Chloe Price with a rocket launcher (even the VA kinda sounds like Ashly Burch) and I'm fuckin' here for it, but I can get how that's not for everyone.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

The Gadfly posted:

I don't understand why there isn't an option for both Johnny and V to go to the digital afterlife. This would be the easiest outcome for Alt to perform, because there wouldn't be any biological complications with the host body rejecting anything. Even if V decides not to keep the original body, it shouldn't necessarily mean that Johnny must take the body.

I guess it is because it's assumed that taking the real body is always the better choice. I suppose that you'd be able to soulkiller yourself anytime you want to be uploaded to the Net. So even if V only has 6 months to live, that's just bonus time in the real world before V has to upload. The only risk is getting flatlined before using soulkiller.

Actually, my choice would be to both uploaded myself as a backup and keep my real body by removing Silverhand. This is basically what Saburo did that prevented him from dying when Kentaro killed him. This choice probably wasn't included because it would trivialize the decision unless you don't trust Alt at all, or have a moral objection to digitizing your consciousness or something.

Alt's motives should warrant keeping both copies of Johnny and V no matter what happens in the meatworld. Her own interest in V manifests in her real world version's relationship with Johnny, and only sticks with V's plan for Arasaka Tower because she stands to benefit from Mikoshi.

There's no reason we can't go John Malkovich and do like Saburo and bodyjack young people to live forever. If Saburo can keep his namesake alive thru transferring consciousness, some form of V or Johnny can do the same. Whether that is considered the original or a copy is another matter entirely tho

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
Cyberpunk 2077: I really love this game assthetics

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

Kill All Cops posted:

There's no reason we can't go John Malkovich and do like Saburo and bodyjack young people to live forever. If Saburo can keep his namesake alive thru transferring consciousness, some form of V or Johnny can do the same. Whether that is considered the original or a copy is another matter entirely tho

This actually comes up in the Corpo ending; they explain that Saburo pulled that off because he transferred into his son, while V has no living family.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"

exquisite tea posted:

Panam definitely has a vibe of "we scientifically engineered this character in a lab somewhere to make people thirsty" but you know what, I don't care.

But was she literally engineered to make people thirsty by her rich dad like Miranda?

RIP, Butt cam. Never forget.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

WirelessPillow posted:

What about my statement is sexist? My opinion on the behavior wouldn't change if it was a robot.

Nothing about your post was sexist, it's just goons being goons.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Kill All Cops posted:

Alt's motives should warrant keeping both copies of Johnny and V no matter what happens in the meatworld. Her own interest in V manifests in her real world version's relationship with Johnny, and only sticks with V's plan for Arasaka Tower because she stands to benefit from Mikoshi.

Reclaimer posted:

This actually comes up in the Corpo ending; they explain that Saburo pulled that off because he transferred into his son, while V has no living family.

Where do they talk about that with Saburo? I remember reading text and e-mails about it, but don't remember it ever being explicit. Is it the Corpo ending? I haven't done that yet

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

VoLaTiLe posted:

I did the same thing, its not gay if you don't push back :v:

wonder if Morgan Blackhand will appear in DLC, I think he fights Smasher in Arasaka tower could be after the cut when he jumps down to fight Johnny

Why does he keep coming up? Just a pop character from the tabletop version or what? I googled him but lost interest when I realized he was neither a pirate, nor a man with one black hand.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

adhuin posted:

But was she literally engineered to make people thirsty by her rich dad like Miranda?

CP2077 takes the next leap forward in interactive storytelling by giving the player enough agency to create their own butt cam.

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

Khanstant posted:

Why does he keep coming up? Just a pop character from the tabletop version or what? I googled him but lost interest when I realized he was neither a pirate, nor a man with one black hand.

I think he’s the closest person in the game to a “good guy” and is the merc equivalent of captain america.
He’s also allegedly Mike Pondsmith’s personal character that he played the game with after he created it. He’s every bit of a legend that Silverhand is but not as idealistic I guess. Basically he’s a role model for all Solos like V or Jackie.

pieuvre armement
Feb 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lol this drove me crazy until I realized what it was saying and where it was coming from

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

just self-quoting to make sure everyone reads the enormous sign here

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Flimflam Heist Plan Bedlam, Frontman Engram Trades Hands, V Stans Panam's Butt Cam

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

terrorist ambulance posted:

Where do they talk about that with Saburo? I remember reading text and e-mails about it, but don't remember it ever being explicit. Is it the Corpo ending? I haven't done that yet

alot of the endings explain different plot threads. corpo explains the arasaka stuff and a bunch of their plans and motivations, rogue ending explains a bunch of the johnny/alt poo poo and rogue loose ends and nomad is kinda the happy ending that fits with alot of the story beats of the game. all of the endings outside corpo and suicide give you some glimmer of hope for an actual tomorrow. its alot like the witcher 2 where you learn ceitain plot points only from different paths/endings. also both rogue and nomad endings show different parts of how badly arasaka is hosed.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

adhuin posted:

Being in cutscenes where you have agency over where you look makes a crazy amount of difference to the feel of things, and way less sleazy I think. I mean sure, Panam might be hauling freight but at least the camera isn't all like 'PHWOAAAR mate look at this :fap: :fap: "

Tirranek fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Dec 30, 2020

NumptyScrub
Aug 22, 2004

damn it I think the mirrors broken >˙.(

exquisite tea posted:

Flimflam Heist Plan Bedlam, Frontman Engram Trades Hands, V Stans Panam's Butt Cam

:discourse:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

exquisite tea posted:

:hmmyes:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Tirranek posted:

the camera isn't all like 'PHWOAAAR mate look at this :fap: :fap: "

I look at every npc’s butt equally i don’t play favorites

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

Dog Kisser posted:

lol, it's almost too perfect an analogy

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I look at every npc’s butt equally i don’t play favorites
Adam Smasher has a nice can, literally.

PerilPastry fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Dec 30, 2020

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012
E: double post

Blastedhellscape
Jan 1, 2008
Panam struck me as a hotheaded bloodthirsty maniac, which every western RPG needs at least one of. If this were a party-based RPG she'd be the HK-47 or Morigan of the party. Can picture her constantly getting into arguments with River if they ever interacted, since he's the token paladin character.

It's funny. When I fist saw the nomad background I assumed they'd have a post-apocalyptic cowboy vibe, but then when I interacted with them they turned out to be dumb (in a fun way) Son's-of-Anarchy-style biker gangs.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Dog Kisser posted:

All the delivery drop boxes say DEVILERY. I assume it's intentional.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

PerilPastry posted:

Adam Smasher has a nice can, literally.

I lol'ed too much at this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Artelier posted:

Is there a way to take 4K screenshots at the moment of capturing it? Like, the game runs at 1080 or 1440 in the photo mode, and only when I hit Capture it will scale up to 4K, and save it as 4K?

Can't you just use the print screen button and paste into paint?