Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

cheesetriangles posted:

Found some Xbox One S gameplay online and holy poo poo is that version hot trash. I expected it to be really bad and it went beyond my expectations. NPC's with no faces, textures not loading, bad framerate, low resolution the works.

Dont look at unpatched gameplay, friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Vorik posted:

I'm sorry video game titties are more important to you than marginalized folks feeling unsafe at the widespread male gaze, transphobia and sexism proudly on display in this video game, gamer.

What the gently caress are you on about

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

sean10mm posted:

than GTA V gently caress WHORES GET PAID poo poo.

I think they must be running different types of campaigns to different demographics because none of what I've seen has been this poo poo

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Ham posted:

The Xbox One really might be the best way to play this game.

Footage from Xbox One, unknown patch situation: https://streamable.com/b0758g

Unknown my rear end

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Sekenr posted:

I didn't follow development too closely but now I watched some gamepley videos and they kind of look like garbage graphics wise? It kinda looks worse than even Witcher 3 not to mention GTAV or RDR

You're watching unfinished, unpatched gameplay sent through god knows what compression to be put on video

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Olympic Mathlete posted:

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it looks super mediocre to actually play. The AI seems to be really loving dumb too. I'll give this a miss.

:allears:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Well played

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

black.lion posted:

https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/cyberpunk-2077/critic-reviews

92 on metacritic

game terrible where are my pitchforks

Thats a lot of 100

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

The guy on the stream who was making GBS threads on it just said "I didnt play much of witcher 3 because I didnt like witcher 3" so yeah Im not gonna take his opinion on anything game related

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Dilber posted:

I exited the stream after that comment.

Same

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Slumpy posted:

lots of reviewers saying its buggy and goons getting upset at reviews itt

The massive majority of reviews are giving it near perfect or perfect scores

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://www.windowscentral.com/cyberpunk-2077-review

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Slumpy posted:

massive majority? can you link?

https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/cyberpunk-2077/critic-reviews

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Slumpy posted:

ill go to places such as stevior and gameblogs.fr for my reviews.

i think i saw 1 reviewer in the 80 and up review page that i recognized

lol ok

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

black.lion posted:

IGN Japan gave it a perfect score

Yeah there's a lot of perfect scores ticking in. I've seen reviews calling it contender for best game ever, and several reviews saying it's absolutely phenomenal.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

pmchem posted:

Anyone cancelling a pre-order based on the reviews saying it's a bugfest?

I haven't ordered yet and I'm wavering. May be able to get it on sale by the time some good patches have come in.

The reviews have pretty much confirmed to me that this is the game I've been waiting for for years and years, maybe since original Deus Ex

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Slumpy posted:

do you think this game will be good?

Nah, I'm a masochist

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Combat Pretzel posted:

I don't get this review quote. Since this is a roleplaying game, isn't any side activity, no matter how unrelated, so long it's in the context of the setting, welcome?

I read another review that said the sidequesting was so good it might be better than the main quest lmao

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Zikan posted:

interesting note about the big crowds everyone was excited about

That last part was always going to be true though, I don't think anyone expected them to create a million different random npc's |

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Didn't cdpr explicitly tell them not to benchmark this build because it was much slower than what they expected from release?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Tech jesus has spoken

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Shirkelton posted:

The list of things to cling to is getting longer as more impressions and footage come out. Come on.

It's kind of weird how many people desperately want this game to be bad in spite of overwhelming evidence that it's very very good

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Endorph posted:

We've all heard about the porygon episode of Pokemon.

I mean..no?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

lmao, according to trustworthy source reddit resetera is planning to mass spam various subreddits like r/games and r/cyberpunkgame with spoilers to ruin it for everyone

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Some dude who's played it for a week (and loved it) did a 90 min q&a stream https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlAkvMLjKZ4

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I can't really imagine anything good coming from picking a fight with angry people in your twitter mentions

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

MikeJF posted:

Re: the major epilepsy trigger, if you'd like to see what they're talking about and just that, it's here at 1m29s. (Obviously, DO NOT CLICK IF EPILEPTIC) Keeping in mind that in the actual gameplay you'll be seeing that at 60FPS without youtube compression messing with it, I'd say yeah, pretty egregious.

I guess I'm just spoilt/lucky/ignorant of the issue but I would never have guessed that would be a major problem if people hadn't told me

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Talkc posted:

I feel really awkward as a trans woman with this game, cause i was like cool! They added options. And now im sitting here feeling like im through the looking glass, like "i guess im a stupid chud" cause of how ignorant i am about transphobia and poo poo from where i live. And by that i mean "subtle" transphobia. I'm not really endeared to the concept. In my family, and where i live its pretty substantially blatant.

I feel like i live in a loving hole where the idea that an LGBT community is a literal magic land, and nothing has highlighted that more than the dialog about this game.

I guess im the fat stupid chick who was excited that i get to run around with a dick and tits and be an action hero.

You should absolutely never let others tell you what you are and are not allowed to enjoy!

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Turin Turambar posted:

I have not seen anything like that in other comparisons.

Those look like they have very different levels of lighting altogether

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Palpek posted:

She then received hundreds of messages on social media with attached images specifically designed to trigger her seizures disguised under subjects expressing sympathy. But sure, for many who only read a couple of headlines she's one of the leaders of the irrational hate train now.

I don't feel like it's fair to blame the large score of absolute cunts on the internet on a specific dev. They're going to be awful people no matter what, the cause doesn't matter.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

rap music posted:

Boy this dang internet sure is full of assholes!

I mean, yes?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

rap music posted:

My post probably made it seem like I was sarcastically following up behind yours but was just a timing glitch lol

Alright :v:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

CottonWolf posted:

The development leads were straight cos men.

From what I understand this isn't even remotely true

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

CottonWolf posted:

Even if you accept this explains the lack of dicks, it doesn’t explain the lack of male sex workers.

The guy I linked earlier who did a 90 minute q&a who had played it for a week now said there were plenty of male sex workers

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Talkc posted:

Is that the reason for a lack of male prostitutes? I have no loving idea. [/b]

Again, the reviews I've seen said there were plenty of male prostitutes.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

MikeJF posted:

The epilepsy danger zone is 5-70Hz (flashes per second), no Christmas lights are ever like that.

Tell that to my frickin neighbour and his frickin wall to wall laser show

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Sab669 posted:

Yea everyone talks about TW3 being a mess at launch but beyond the weird "Roof Roach" I don't recall having any problems with that game

Same

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

deep dish peat moss posted:

I am not surprised that a game made by developers famous for making games where you play as a generic pussy magnet mary sue dude who can gently caress women and they give him trading cards of their naked bodies has a bunch of weird poorly handled sex stuff in it

Which game is this? I must try it

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Chalks posted:

It's a reference to the first witcher game.

I know. I was being sarcastic because it's the worst description of the witcher I've ever seen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Endorph posted:

the only person who said that in this thread was someone defending the game's trans representation.

People have been doing this in these threads for a long loving time