Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Vorik posted:

How much of a performance hit could DRM software really be? Not sure how taxing those kinds of things are. I doubt it will be affect performance much.

I have no idea in this specific case but things like RAGE 2 ran much better with cracks evidently compared to with DRM at launch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I keep getting to the patch fully downloaded then it gets bigger while saying ready to play.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I think at this point it would be faster for me to wait til it comes out to download since I have gigabit fiber now

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

Was gonna play this but forgot I took an edible or two whooooops

I don't see the problem??

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Had some mostly funny bugs and also a mission that didn't trigger right but overall a pretty good time bug wise. Ran well with some lighting issues with RTX and such on too. Definitely feels like the newer Deus Ex games so far with a realized city instead of missions.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Yeah I've seen people have issues on 3080 cards but at least when I played yesterday it ran great. I don't have a FPS counter up so I'm sure part of that is variable refresh but I don't think I was getting below 60-70 FPS most of the time on Ultra/Psycho?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Are the news segments on like elevator TVs supposed to be kinda, I dunno, low FPS?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

You can respec but it's evidently pretty expensive. I'm still in Act 1 so most of the city is locked off but so far you can't get a haircut or whatever which I feel is a pretty weird oversight.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Zeta Acosta posted:

holy hell that first fight against the twins i dont know if i loving suck or boxing is broken

It took a few tries but I found countering a punch and then doing a 3 hit normal attack combo took them down pretty well.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Cabbages and Kings posted:

Dell comes through, here's my Cyberpunk 2077 Starter Kit

i'm not leaving this room until 2021

Hello where do I sign up on Dell's website for the weed delivery service??

TeaJay posted:

I feel like I need some kind of additional tutorial on this. Thanks for your explanation, though. For a while I thought you need to pick numbers adjacent to each other but apparently it's not like that. I was reading this Polygon guide on it and I think the image here shows what you can do pretty well

https://www.polygon.com/cyberpunk-2...uickhack-buffer

Thanks for this, my brain wasn't working when I looked at the hacking interface.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I finished Act 1, was pretty crazy for what amounted to 5 or so setpieces in a row, but done well.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

How do I activate photo mode on PC?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

We don't have one but if you listen to Morrow Rock Radio there's a special surprise with the DJ :comte: (and I wrote all his lines :cool: )

I sat in the car and listened to him talk when I was right next to a mission instead of doing the mission so good job.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

zhar posted:

this game looks and sounds really nice and the quests are well written but im 10 hrs in and havent found a single dildo my expectations have not been met and im VERY disappointed

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I just got a 3.5 GB patch when I launched the game in Steam so the hotfix might have been pushed?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Claes Oldenburger posted:

Okay so my friends and I have an issue in open world games where you get all this poo poo to do but also it's like (start of act 2 spoilers)YOU'RE DYING SOON and then we try to get to a point where you can take a breather and do side stuff where canonically it makes sense.

At one point in the early act 2 game Johnny tells you he doesn't want to kill you anymore and is going to let you live and work together which was good enough for me but I'm trying to figure out what point that was to tell my friends around when to expect it.

Does anyone remember where exactly he said that?

It's right after you meet with Goro, the guy that saved you and got betrayed by the corp. So, pretty much the first main quest you get in Act 2 IIRC. I do like how (Early Act 2) Johnny writes your journal entries and will put stuff like "you could do this or do something about your slowly dying issue". As far as I can tell there's not a real time limit, though.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Claes Oldenburger posted:

Awesome thank you, they had already done that part so either they missed it, or I interpreted it weird?

I think that part was mostly telling you Johnny isn't going to actively try and kill you but the chip is still eating your psyche away so it's still a danger, at least in the story.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I demand you retake this screenshot with whatever awful helmet you took off for it.

I refuse to ever wear a hat or helmet.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Are legendary quick hacks from netrunners or are they found in the world?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Its Chocolate posted:

Mitch just texted me about a funeral for the nomad who died, but there's no quest. is this a bug?

It didn't show up for me until after some more Panam quests.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Vince MechMahon posted:

What's the deal with the cat anyway? It shows up a couple times in places it would be impossible for a real cat to be, specifically in the ending when you're walking up those stairs. They mention it has some symbolic meaning earlier but that seemed like more than just that to me.

I found a cat underwater grooming itself once so maybe all the cats in the game are cyberpets that have powers beyond our understanding.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Are Sandys in the ripperdoc inventories with the new update/DLC, and do they need a certain level, act, or street cred to get? I don't see any in ripperdoc shops and while it's getting easier to not die immediately as a mostly melee only build I'd like to be able to slow down time soonish. Not even level 10 yet this playthru so kinda figuring it's a level thing.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Ammanas posted:

Runninf at 1440. Yeah raytracing is on medium settings, reflections are off, but sun and local shadows are on. DLSS is on performance mode.

Sun shadows are the highest performance hitting portion of raytracing in 2077 AFAIK. If you want ray tracing I'd say at most have local shadows and reflections on for a 3000 series card.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

There's a section of the video that just lists the two types of settings images if you don't actually care about how each of the settings works or affects things like me.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I've been using Scalpel or the one from finishing Wakako's gigs the entire game as a mostly melee build and haven't had any issues, everything dies pretty quickly on Hard that I don't see a need to get a normal kanana with mods at all. That might change by the time I go over to the DLC but at level 52 iconics are good. Cylclone might be useful if I couldn't heavy attack 100 feet towards and enemy, usually killing them or putting them into finisher level of HP unless they're a boss.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Got through to where I could actually go around Dog Town in the DLC after finishing up the base game quests last night. Really liked most of the fight/spectacle with the spider bot once I figured out I needed to scan it, though it maybe had a bit too much HP. Forgot how much of a dork Kerry is when I was doing his quests, didn't want to date him but he's a fun character. I enjoyed the game quite a bit at launch and was lucky with not getting many glitches, but I've loved this playthrough. Katana/Knives/rarely some pistol build has been a ton of fun and even though I've been getting some crashes lately the game has been much more stable than my first time thru. Ended up with 85% Johnny relationship this run after getting maybe 50% last time, think he's a really great character and even though Keanu sometimes sounds a bit wooden I think he's pretty fun in the role. Already noticing that Johnny and V sound a bit more comfortable in the DLC dialogue, except for... amazeballs.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I love doing this in slow motion then turning it off and having all the enemies fall down at once.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Potato Salad posted:

how do you do leaping melee attacks? I'm trying dash and punch/clas, but more often than not I'm not exactly the dash distance away, so I fall shorts or bounce off the enemy at the end and the melee attack doesn't land.

is there some qte combo or button I'm missing

For blades it's a perk you can get for strong attacks.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Witcher 1 isn't super worth playing but I still think Witcher 2 is pretty great and while it wasn't really taken into account in 3, the separate act 2 routes were very cool especially at the time.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Maximum Tomfoolery posted:

So I thought I'd try a new game on the hardest difficulty and uh... I can't even get past the prologue (Nomad). During the chase scene I'm just taking tons of unavoidable damage and I can't see any way to kill the enemy vehicles any faster. Trying to hit the driver doesn't seem to do anything besides normal damage, I can get several headshots on the gunner, that doesn't seem to do anything, I can even shoot out the tires, which also doesn't do anything. I've got no healing items, and while I can access the inventory and crafting menus before the drive, it won't even let me put a scope on my gun. Best I can do is eat some soy paste for 5% max hp, which doesn't really help.

Am I missing something obvious or am I basically required to turn the difficulty down until after this section? I really don't want to make a habit of doing that poo poo.

I didn't do Nomad this playthru but a later prologue/act 1 (whatever we're calling the pre-heist section) car chase I had to turn down to normal from Very Hard because I literally could not stop the cars before running out of time for the section no matter how accurate I was at hitting things.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

2house2fly posted:

You can turn the tables on him as male V by coming on to him and making things awkward

I don't remember him being a creep at least this Male V run (could have been in my fem V run years ago and I forgot) but this was very funny to do to a cop.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

scary ghost dog posted:

songbird betrays V because she is pathologically incapable of trusting anyone due to her history with the FIA. my V understands and helped her anyway

I really liked the dialogue option near the end of that route to say "I would have still helped you if you just told me from the start", cause my V absolutely would have even if a cure for him was never available in the first place. The FIA hosed her over and I dunno if it explicitly says it but I assumed that her high level of chrome was forced on her by the FIA so the president could have her daemon summoner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

The base game had some pretty great character animations and such but the faces and body language in PL are fantastic. It really feels like I'm watching Idris Elba acting a character a lot of times rather than just providing his voice for the character.