Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Dapper_Swindler posted:

https://streamable.com/3jprvx

https://streamable.com/y8oof1

ps5 footage. light prologue spoilers.

if your corpo you can go full karen.

Very impressive looking on next gen machines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Shammypants posted:

I mean I guess this is sarcasm but it looks terrible because it's not even upgraded for them yet. It looks worse than Spiderman.

It...wasn't sarcasm :(

Thought the videos genuinely looked nice!

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Johnny Mnemonic was a great movie i'll fight anyone who says otherwise. :colbert:

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Turin Turambar posted:

I won't watch or search any more leaks, I had enough. In a way, I think it was good to watch it because (and I'm ignoring the obvious bugs and visual glitches) it lowered my expectations a bit to a more realistic levels. It's... a game. I know, I know, of course it's a game, but watching raw footage instead of curated snippets in edited trailers serves to remind that of course it has a hundred limitations and little caveats typical of video games.

What the gently caress, this is just a game like all the rest? Dammit cancelling my preorder again!

;)

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Drone posted:

PC players: you gonna do M+KB or gamepad?

I'm really torn.

Yeah I'm not sure. Given there's car driving I guess a gamepad makes alot more sense. Although I always prefer aiming on a keyboard and mouse.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Romes128 posted:

Steam controller.

Mods? MODS?

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

PC Gamer is a bit more positive, though again the bugs are a huge issue. It reckons it will improve over time:

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/cyberpunk-2077-review/

Sounds like this is rather typical CDPR - an incredibly buggy experience pulling down the game. You'd think they would have learned their lessons from the Witcher series.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Eurogamer has decided to hold until its played more

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-12-07-cyberpunk-2077-review-impressions

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Polygon's review is...well typical Polygon if you like stonebaked artisan bakeries and grooming your beard.

I'm not going to bother linking it because it's eye rolling.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Starks posted:

Is it bad to like good bread?

YES!

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

[tries to work out where his 2070 Super sits]

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

The IGN video review is quite nice.

I realise it's IGN but I liked the guys enthusiasm.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Dapper_Swindler posted:

again. pondsmiths cyberpunk isnt gibson and co. its 2000AD but made by an american. critics don't seem to understand that. too each their own but the universe itself was never nuanced and much like shadowrun never had a storyline per say.

Critics disappointed to find game is not Mamoru Oshii's Cyberpunk 2077

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Vorik posted:

How much of a performance hit could DRM software really be? Not sure how taxing those kinds of things are. I doubt it will affect benchmark results much.

It's Denuvo, so quite alot.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

stev posted:

Jim Sterling is one of the few truly pro-consumer personalities in the industry, to the point where he's happily turned himself into a pariah by cutting all ties with major publishers.

Whatever you think of his dress sense he's not a voice that we should want to lose any time soon.

Agreed, him and Jason Schreier are the only true journalists in the industry now.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

So can we unlock this tomorrow using special vpn time sorcery wizardly and becoming Kiwis?

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

There is a bug, mentioned earlier. Ray Tracing isn't correcting for neon bulb illumination, so it's overdoing light.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

As long as there's an auto sort option.

Doesn't look much different from Witcher 3's inventory system. If I recall Witcher 3 even received an update to the inventory system to manage it better.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

I'd counter by saying that GitS Arise is a trash fire not worth watching.

SAC timeline is the best one.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Palpek posted:

Watching a stream and near the beginning the guy woke up in the appartment, looked in the mirror and his character's hair was gone.

I've had that nightmare too.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Deakul posted:

Man, no cyberspace is really disappointing to hear... I thought we'd be fighting the Voodoo Boys in a few high level hacking areas or something kinda like the Dystopia mod for HL2.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gc3tqg0No7w&t=86s

....Ewww....

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

grieving for Gandalf posted:

Dystopia Mod was great

It was yes, I'm just having flashbacks.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

LifeSunDeath posted:

Did any of you get seizures yet?

I'm hooting and hollering right now, does that count?

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

GB have been bad ever since Ryan Davis died. I don't think Jeff et al ever recovered from that emotionally and its reflected in their videos.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Unsure whether to go corporate or nomad.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

The PC folder size on my machine is 62gb? Seems small, was expecting at least 100gb?

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Holy poo poo this game is amazing and pretty much everything I wanted.

Also quite impressed that the game defaulted to ultra/high settings with rtx on at 1080p. Specs are Ryzen 7 3700X, 16gb RAM, Geforce 2070 RTX Super. Seems to hold up at a pretty solid 40-60fps average which is fine with me.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

peter gabriel posted:

So what's going on then because on my 2080ti I have everything on full and it runs great at 1440p, why they called it psycho rtx I have no idea though lol
It's really confusing me

DLSS is what is going on. The default setting is Auto, switch it off and watch your FPS drop through the floor. :stare:

DLSS is picking up the job of delivering ultra graphics whilst keeping your FPS good. It's an absolutely stunning piece of technology.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

I'm loving how much of a love letter this is to everything cyberpunk. From the Blade Runner sounds to the Ghost in the Shell cyber stuff.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

Please do not compare this insulting trash fire to the Deus Ex games which have consistently delivered actual cyberpunk rpg gameplay from the inception of their series.

Show us where the bad naughty video game touched you.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Is Broseph what I think it is? A cheeky nod towards EYE Divine Cybermancy?

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Was ever hopeful there might be a thermooptic camo ala ghost in the Shell in the game, but I think that might be too much for it (other than the bot).

Guess a mod might be able to do it.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Jeff Fatwood posted:

*emotional scene with a dying character ends*

*phone rings*
"Hey, I'm that classy Yakuza kingpin lady ... anyway, I've got a Honda Civic here that's got your name on it"

lol

A Honda Civic?!

[Furiously skips scene]

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Slimy Hog posted:

Isn't that just Keanu though?

I honestly don't know what people are expecting here. From what I've heard and played so far Keanu seems to be doing a good job. Anyone expecting something Oscar winning seems to be missing that Keanu is a fairly rote actor.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

grieving for Gandalf posted:

this game is so rough it makes me reevaluate how good The Witcher 3 is

In some ways the jank going on reminds me of the jank that The Witcher 2 had.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Shoehead posted:

He's doin a way better job than Matthew Perry in New Vegas. I wanted to love his performance, especially because he was a big Fallout fan but I guess he wasn't used to doing VO?

It's Bethesda. I presume the voice director at Bethesda says to the VA's "I need you to emote less, I really need you to sound like you really don't want to be here. That's great."

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

I think the biggest problem is overreach by attempting to put this on platforms that definitely can't support this game. Either the marketing team or executives are to blame for that. They should have concentrated on next gen and PC and not try to deliver to absolutely everything, whilst also attempt to develop a video game that's an entirely new genre for them.

Edit: saying that, I would still take a cdpr game over whatever cookie cutter crap comes out of the big three, any day of the week.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Has anyone found cyberdecks as a reward for completing quests/side jobs or anything? I'm still rolling with the beginner one!

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

I'm still in Act 2, have been enjoying it alot so far, but there are definitely issues and the game feels like it needs at least another 6 months, or even possibly a year in the oven. I don't know if the pandemic severely affected the development of the game, but there are quite a few big issues on top of the minor ones. As mentioned earlier the AI seems incredibly dumb, but it's almost as if its been pared down in some way. I don't believe that CDPR doesn't know how to write AI, as The Witcher 3's NPCs could be fierce, so it's a bit odd that this game is lacking some basic level functions and scripting that most other open worlds were doing 10-15 years ago. It leads me to think there's some sort of bug with the routine of the AI. I can live without the whole "immersive living AI" schtick because it's nonsense, but some semblance of difficulty and challenge would be appreciated.

The omission of a metro/train line system when you had that as one of your trailers is an odd one. The locations seems to be in place, which makes me think it was bugging out and they patched it away. Again it's one of these things that other open world games have been doing for years.

I've found some of the decision making and storyboarding to be a bit muddled and rushed, especially during Act 1. I enjoyed the scenes and set up, but it felt like I was being rushed into things very quickly without proper focus. Going "six months later" detaches me from the experience of learning about the characters. This is why GTA and RDR2 have you spend countless hours in effectively a tutorial mode at the start of their games. Setting scene, explaining characters and motivations, getting you involved in the world. Ripping that out and going "here is a virtual tutorial for doing stuff" is rather cheap. I think this is also part a fault of choosing FPS and not having proper cutscenes, and part the fault of the game not seeming to take a breath. I remember The Witcher 2 suffering quite badly from this when it was released also (the infamous intro where you're up against a one shot super dragon), until eventually the enhanced edition and directors cuts resolved the pacing.

The game does scream that there's going to be the same approach - directors cut, enhanced, complete edition etc. I would say that at the moment this is an 8/10 game, that will definitely become a 9 or 10/10 game once it's finished. Basically the same story as The Witcher and The Witcher 2.

The Witcher 3 really was some sort of miracle result...

EDIT: I do think Keanu Reeves is doing a great job in this, he clearly has given it his attention and focus and that's pretty awesome of him.

Communist Bear fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Dec 14, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Why the gently caress have I not found a new deck yet?

Are they lootable at all or only purchaseable?