Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I'm gonna do hacker nomad which sounds cool as gently caress in the lore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Have any reviews mentioned serious, show-stopping, save ruining bugs? I can deal with reloading saves because something didn't trigger right or whatever.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Wonder if I can do raytracing at 1080p with a 2070S. Probably not, but it'd be nice.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

If I'm getting more Deus Ex out of this game, I'm happy. Mankind Divided doing so poorly that it's never going to get a finale for the trilogy is one of my biggest gaming bummers of the past few years. Especially since MD wasn't even a bad game.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Tim Whatley posted:

If you think these specs are wild, there's a new Medal of Honor VR game coming out Friday and the MINIMUM specs include a 2080, 170GB storage and double that to unpack.

Video games!

VR games have some absolutely wild storage requirements and I have no clue why.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Have the reviews mentioned much about the hacking?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Zaphod42 posted:

It has been shown off in tons of gameplay videos, what's your question?

Mostly just kind of curious if it works as a main gameplay thing. Can I kill people with my magic/hacking powers? What's the equipment like and what's it's effect on that playstyle?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Fairly sure Jeff also really liked Outer Worlds writing.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Outer Worlds is probably my biggest disappointment of the past few years. The lovely writing and the Bioshock-like combat did not scratch my New Vegas itch.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I said come in! posted:

like 5 people have played this game though lol

I know at least 2 of them, including myself.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Palpek posted:

I wish Obsidian would be able to develop a game half as interesting as E.Y.E. these days.

I wish the developers of E.Y.E were able to develop a game half as interesting as E.Y.E. Deathwing sucked poo poo.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Vorik posted:

I think Mankind Divided has been memory-holed harder than Invisible War.

Mankind Divided was actually good, which is the unfortunate part. It's just never going to get the followup that it obviously needed.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Simone Magus posted:

I think the reality is that lots of people SAY they want insanely high immersion and fidelity, but in reality they'd just poke their head into one building, say "cool" and then go do the quests

The actual number of people who are insane enough to want lifelike fidelity is REALLY low

I mean, I'd love it. I've been designing a game like that in my head for the past year, a game where you discover stories and plots by just going to bars and hanging out watching bands or whatever, and you have conversations built ad-hoc by integrating choices other players have made so that you're never actually certain if you're talking to a real person, a completely scripted NPC, or a dynamically crafted mix of both

For those people there are usually mods made by other crazy people that want the same thing too.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

Does it make sense for my character to be decked out in cybergear if I start with a nomad background? I intend to go crazy with the create a character, wierd cyber eyes and cyber implants.

I keep picturing nomads as outcasts who shun technology.

I'm planning on doing the same thing and it turns out Nomads are the second most educated and basically every Nomad group would include at least one person with that kind of skillset, and there are entire groups consisting of netrunners.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Simone Magus posted:

... you have seen the character creator right

Also GTA4 had dong

GTA4 only had dong in the DLC and I think that was before the ESRB was rating those separately.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Randallteal posted:

The ESRB did rate it separately with a bullet point for "nudity" (the main game gets "partial nudity").

Huh, interesting. Guess a flaccid dick is okay.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Does the game not have the standard epilepsy warning? I assumed no warning meant there is no special "this will cause a seizure" warning for that specific sequence.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

FallenGod posted:

It's a spectrum, like so many things, and most of the time someone who has mild epilepsy would be at minimal risk outside of extreme edge cases.

Most games aren't trying to intentionally trigger seizures, though, so :shrug:

The author of the article does say they have issues playing something like Dead Space, too, so I wouldn't call it a mild case that's suddenly triggered by this sequence.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Palpek posted:

Don't watch the newest Ghost in the Shell series on Netflix, it's trash.

Do watch Akira, Armitage III and Psycho Pass, also Battle Angel Alita (the anime)

Only watch the first season of Psycho Pass.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

That seems a lot more reasonable, but I'm a bit skeptical that DLSS is going to do that much.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

bus hustler posted:

which one of the starting paths is the fire type?

Corpo is the fire(d) type

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I can't believe I've been screwed by that hack Keanu.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

LifeSunDeath posted:

Empty sidequests being the more interesting part isn't exactly what I heard but close. They said there was one sidequest that filled in some story, everything else they did was basically show up to a map point or use your phone and start a mission for whichever person, kill guys get a chest, repeat, nothing fun or informative, just generic.

Kinda sounds like whoever you're hearing this from isn't interested in the sidequest stories because that's mostly what Witcher 3 side quests boiled down to, except with more detective mode.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Dan is legitimately one of the most innovative twitch streamers I've ever seen.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

LifeSunDeath posted:

Dan Ryckert got married in a Taco Bell

Dan Ryckert was the *first person* to get married in a Taco Bell.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

dex_sda posted:

patches not doing anything without starting a new game is also pretty bad lol

To me that sounds like a quick and dirty thing they did so they could get a patch out for reviewers without needing to worry about savegame compatibility.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Back Hack posted:

God I love that game, one that I think everyone should play. Such a simple concept, yet robust in execution.

Way too easy when you figure out the trick behind it though.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Guarantee one of the first mods is going to lower the respec cost.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Xbox One S.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Are quickhacks consumable? Or is being able to craft them just about the rarity?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

rap music posted:

what the hell is cold blood

Kill skills, basically.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

busalover posted:

I've now watched 5+ hour of someone playing this, and the game is meh. The writing and world-building feels like it was done by Beavis and Butthead. Calling it "Pulp" is like saying yah nuh it's bad on purpose. Nah. It's like fan fiction by people who watched Blade Runner and maybe read the Shadowrun source book. Not sure what literature they read, or why they even wanted to make a game about the cyberpunk genre in the first place. It's the most superficial reading of Cyberpunk possible, borrowing it's aesthetics, but with no interest in the politics or socio-economics that motivated it in the first place.

They probably read a lot of the Cyberpunk tabletop lore because that's what the game is based on. Just a guess.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Starks posted:

Alright we covered skyrim and rdr 2 maybe we can spend the next few pages with some hot takes about god of war

It's a sad dad game and I've played enough of those to where I wasn't super into it.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Mordiceius posted:

It wasn’t just a normal Taco Bell. It was the first (and only?) Taco Bell wedding venue in Las Vegas. He basically ran a social media campaign to win the “prize” and later got hosed by taxes. Lol.

I’m trying to think of all the other wild Dan Ryckert things -

- he leaked the George Brett shits his pants video, had legal threats, nothing happened
- thought egg shells were whites
- didn’t know pirates stole
- didn’t know outlaws were criminals
- thought fridges made cooked steaks raw
- used to throw stinkbombs in bars to clear them out for him
- would pretend to be a person outside the bar collecting entry fees (the bars had no entry fees)
- permanently has Billy Squier’s “The Stroke” in his head despite not knowing the lyrics
- used to be afraid of visible butter
- refused to eat sour cream and would throw out something if he found out it had sour cream in it, even if he had eaten a bunch and enjoyed it
- asked “if everyone at burning man is doing drugs, why don’t the cops just go there and arrest them?”
- is convinced he could break out of prison
- is convinced he could fight a wolf
- had written multiple books, two of which about an alligator in the military (Air Force Gator), the second of which has an intro by Jose Canseco
- was almost on Beauty and the Geek
- believes the Metal Gear Solid series is the greatest story ever told

And this is just a fraction of the person that is Dan Ryckert

Also single-handedly killed Harmonix's deal with Guns and Roses.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

dex_sda posted:

how did that happen?

He basically had his friend (who looked a lot like an actual PR person at Harmonix) and him do a video where the "PR person" said there were multiple Chinese Democracy albums.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

The GTA Online heists were genuinely innovative (and fun) at the time but now that there are so many games doing the same thing, but without the dogshit of GTA Online wrapped around them they're pointless.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Zoomin along at 185MB/s decrypting

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I think this is the first time I've done a steam decryption on my new CPU.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

People are saying turning down Cascaded Shadow Resolution seems to help framerate a lot. Can't test right now though. Also maybe a bug with GPU not getting fully utilized?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Has anyone seen more Cyberdecks for purchase? The vendor in Watson only sells Quickhacks.