Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

OK I think I've finally settled. Street Kid + Shotguns for my first play through. Loud and hard. Then I'll do probably Corpo + Pistols or those Smart Weapons for #2.

Doubt I'll be up for a third playthrough, but if I am... then obviously Nomad :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Wicked Them Beats posted:

Very curious to see how much the mythical Day One Patch fixes things. Get the feeling that even with the patch the game is going to be a lot more janky than some people might be prepared for.

My gut instinct agrees on more jank than prepared for, but I still wholly believe it'll also be good and fun.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

doingitwrong posted:

Welcome back. I’m curious about what the final days before a big launch like this are like. Are you all rushing around finishing tangential things, or is it all locked and loaded and it’s the calm before the storm p waiting to see if there are showstoppers you need to deal with?

I've only ever worked in 'business software' rather than vidjagames but the week leading up to a major deadline / release is usually "Bored off my rear end, bored off my rear end, bor- OH GOD QA FOUND A BUG FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT". That was medical record software with heavily regulated software specs with a hard deadline every year.

I imagine video games are probably the same :thunk:

Wet Fifty posted:

https://i.imgur.com/RsEfi39.png The screen you get after trying to start the game after the PC preload. No spoilers.

What happens if you disconnect from the internet and change your clock

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Drone posted:

PC players: you gonna do M+KB or gamepad?

I'm really torn.

As others said, I'll keep my controller handy for when I'm driving but otherwise it's KBM all the way.

^^the older I get the more engrained in my kbm supremacy I get :v: I bought both a PS4 and a Switch over the last 2 years and gently caress me I just cannot play games without kbm and the ability to alt tab and look poo poo up instantly / dick around in between loading screens

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

I just got thrown into an 8:00 AM meeting on Thursday morning at work. How do I squirm my way out of this.

My office job has had us back in the building since Memorial Day :downs: The icing on the cake is that my psuedo-boss works on the opposite side of the country so when we infrequently interact it is, obviously, over the phone.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Pylons posted:

Have any reviews mentioned serious, show-stopping, save ruining bugs? I can deal with reloading saves because something didn't trigger right or whatever.

Yea, there's a difference between "lol that guy clipped through the car because the doors didn't open" or "Haha that model just phys-glitched across the room" VS "Oh, another crash to desktop" or "COOL my save file got corrupted" like AC:V was exhibiting.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

What about console-bricking games like the spiderman game?

Didn't hear about that, yikes.

Aphrodite posted:

Oh that bug was even better than that. Saves weren't being corrupted, the game was reading good saves as corrupt.

That's dumb but isn't that better? Then once they fix the game you get your save back. Fortunately I had no problems with the game in the 40 hours I put into it before getting bored.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

GreenBuckanneer posted:

where the gently caress are the 3070s

seriously like wtf.

2560x1440p for me and I should be picking up my 3070 in approximately 2 hours :toot:

I was hoping max settings DLSS + RT would be doable for 60fps but it sounds like I will have to either turn settings down, or just turn RT off entirely which is pretty dumb.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

TheRat posted:

Didn't cdpr explicitly tell them not to benchmark this build because it was much slower than what they expected from release?

Don't know about that, but I did read the review copies have Denuvo, and I don't think there are any 'game ready' drivers out either so fingers crossed that those two will result in big improvements... But I'm no longer expecting DLSS to get me a stable 40-60 FPS with nearly everything maxed :(

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Slowpoke! posted:

I’m going to play the hell out of this game in approximately 3-4 years when I can build a computer decent enough to run it and when all the DLC is released and bundled into a nice, fat GOTY sale on Steam.

I only have a GTX 970, which isn’t a bad card by any means, but I’m pretty sure it’s below the recommended and I don’t plan on playing this at 20 FPS on low settings.

According to the system reqs they tweeted out like 3 weeks ago a 780 is the minimum and a 1060 should be ~passable~.

But yea I'd sooner guess a 970 is like, Low Settings and not a stable 60 fps either.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I said come in! posted:

So DLSS is designed to improve performance, and with very little trade off?

DLSS is supposed to be "things look slightly worse because we rendered it at a low resolution and used our big brains to blow it up to high resolution" which is much more efficient than just rendering it out at that high res.

So, yes, improve performance with the trade off things not looking ~quite as nice~ but from what I saw in Nvidia's video announcement earlier this year, it still looks real goddamn good.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

repiv posted:

Yep, that's the idea. The implementation quality varies a bit between games but it can work incredibly well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggnvhFSrPGE&t=959s

Yea I literally don't see a difference lol.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

When I was a youngin I always had an FPS counter on and I could definitely tell when it was 30 fps VS 60 fps (and not just because of the counter).

The last decade as I've gotten older and stopped caring (and stopped running a Counter), I definitely didn't really notice a difference between 30, 45, and 60. It all looked good enough to me. Then I got a 2060 last month and started running a counter just to see how well it runs things and now I've started to be able to notice when it dips again :ohdear:

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

black.lion posted:

I used to never be able to tell anything above 30 fps but I've been playing Overwatch at 120 fps for a few years and now my eyes protest at anything sub-100

My 2070S gonna be playing this game on low settings 1440p just to satisfy my fps snobbery

I've been debating upgrading from my 1440p60hz monitor to a 120 or 144hz monitor next year but ugh that's the trappings I want to avoid lol.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Blue Raider posted:

I’d much rather a story be future noir and heist fiction than some naval gazing rumination on the nature of man or identity or whatever some reviewers are complaining about. The latter sounds like a loving slog in a shooter rpg.

It has its place, I do like those kinds of themes in Deus Ex.

But futuristic heist game sounds way more fun to me. At the end of the day I don't even care about the "nature of man" and all that crap, if I could replace my dumb fleshy body with cyborg parts today I would be on the waiting list immediately (assuming I could afford it :v:)

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Got my new motherboard and processor yesterday :toot: 3070 is supposedly being delivered today, but knowing my luck I will be walking my dogs when the UPS guy arrives and miss the delivery so I'll have to pick it up from the store tomorrow, leaving me concerningly little time to tear down and re-build my computer before launch time :ohdear:

There's probably no official skill builder out there, is there? I thought I was going to try and avoid those kinds of spoilers, but gently caress it's gonna be a long day today + tomorrow.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Eraflure posted:

Max cool, craft katanas with your spare dildos

You don't need any :
Max cool, craft katanas with your spare dildos

Maxing Cool sounds cool, in theory, but Cool is associated with Sniper Rifles which are in fact not especially cool at all.

I'm leaning towards some kind of Body/Reflexes Street Kid who loves Power Shotguns for my first build.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Anita Dickinme posted:

Does Steam? Xbox and PS store? If they do then I don’t see why companies would be worried about it. They also have their own launcher as well, don’t they? I’m honestly surprised that GameStop isn’t out of business yet.

99% sure Steam does, no idea about consoles.

Companies would be worried because they still sell a shitload of physical copies from Walmart, Target, Gamestop and whereever else.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Turin Turambar posted:

I don't, because I remember TW3 being fairly well polished from 1.0 version.

Yea everyone talks about TW3 being a mess at launch but beyond the weird "Roof Roach" I don't recall having any problems with that game

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Sucks that they had a thing in it that could trigger an epileptic episodes, on the other hand, pretty much every video game ever says that. I just thought epileptics didn't play videogames, honestly.

I guess I'm lucky that i'm not allergic or "eyeball allergic" to things

except milk. Milk and I love each other but my bowels do not.

I have a friend who is susceptible to them but that's never stopped him from developing a strong Warcrack addiction.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Endorph posted:

itll never be over op

It won't, but at least in, what 34 hours? 99% of the community will shut up and just talk about actually playing the game :) home stretch boys, grills, and everything in between

e; or at least PC players will be :smugdog: I think console players will still be waiting for it to unlock

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

On a less serious note, why do you all think Street Kid is the least popular path in our poll?

The Nomad path does not appeal to me, the trailer just seemed so "focus group of what people ascribe to be American Ideals: family and freedom, whatever that means"
Corpo does sound fun, I wanna burn poo poo down from the inside - just not on my first play through.
Street Kid sounds like it should be a fun taste of what it's like to really live in Night City as a regular joe

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Anita Dickinme posted:

I was gonna do street kid first and then corpo afterwards and then maybe nomad if I ever got around to it but someone else pointed out in the last thread that it’d be kinda neat to experience the game outside the city first then later enter the city not knowing who anyone was or how to get anywhere. Whereas being a street kid your whole background is knowing the streets but IRL you’re like, “I have to go where?” and pull up your map to find your objective that’s fifty feet away so I kind of like the idea of going nomad first time through for that reason. Plus if I gently caress up so bad on my character creation I can start my real first character as a street kid now that I know my way around n stuff.

That's an interesting point

Turin Turambar posted:

Because it's the closest to GTA style of games. Low life criminal from a gang. Nomad and Corpo are more original.

Street kid is like picking fighter/warrior class in a fantasy rpg. :P

My Human Warrior was my favorite character of all the classes I played in World of Warcraft, sooooo guilty as charged I guess :v:

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Josuke Higashikata posted:

if you can have flying cars why can't you have boots that make you float vertically into the ceiling???
this is a feature!!!!

Rocket Powered Suicide Sneakers sound extremely cyberpunk to me

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

CottonWolf posted:

Basic gamers: Making a white man

Me, a refined gamer: Making Mokoto Kusanagi

As I said in ye olde thread, the real big brain move is to mash the Random button half a dozen times and roll with it

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

ErrEff posted:

Are enemies more likely to drop dildos or credits?

They're the same thing.

As bottlecaps are the credits of the Fallout universe, dildos are the credits of CP2077

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Zeta Acosta posted:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1336355168095449089

this game is going to be loving incredible

This... Well, I don't want to say it diminished my excitement for the game, but it certainly didn't make me more excited.

What a contrast from that 5 minute gameplay trailer a few weeks ago lol.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

GreenBuckanneer posted:

what are you confused about

ever see Eddie Izard's stand up? you totally can

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

w00tmonger posted:

you could for sure just make this

its a wire cutter

That's clearly a bread cutter :v:

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Ice Phisherman posted:

I'm not sure how you can really separate discussions about gender politics in a cyberpunk game from gameplay without talking about purely technical poo poo. The punk genre is inherently political and cyberpunk is queer coded as gently caress and a lot of people are finding that out the hard way that the newest AAA title is pretty queer and political in places and that the queer folk of the LGBTQ+ community are also pretty political and they have expectations too as they consume the genre and play games too.

Good luck separating the two.

Its really not hard. One place to talk about quests and mechanics and stuff. One for dick chat.

I fully agree 2 threads sounds great, but i think in 30 hours it probably won't matter

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Anyone have that Streamable link handy of the NPC floating off into the sky that was posted roughly 400 pages ago? Which was probably like 2 hours ago :)

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

pmchem posted:

1440p supposedly-official-nvidia leaked benchmarks from the GPU thread

How nice, there's actually a 3070 on there unlike those TomsHardware charts :v:

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

From the way the lorebook describes them, the nomads seem like the "new" Native Americans, is that right?

"Honesty, integrity, and a love of freedom" just screams redneck with a strong personal code to me,

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Mike the TV posted:

Nomad seems like the best path to be a 'good' character

Yea, like I said with "strong personal code" you could play someone who was a happy go lucky, well meaning hill billy mechanic who just got wrapped up in the wrong crowd with the main quest probably. Or you could just pretend to be some drug smuggling redneck if you don't want to be 'good'

A little harder to craft some 'good' narrative for Street I think.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Someone was asking about why Street kid seems to be low on the list for people, and honestly I think what one person said earlier made the most sense, it's pretty much the default RPG character in a lot of ways.

Yea that was me :v:

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

I think Street Kid should have the most knowledge about the city, so a lot of people are saving it for a second or third playthrough...

Someone else - maybe you! - said this, and yea it made me think "Maybe I should do it for my second playthrough for that sake"

But I almost never play through games multiple times, at least not immediately sooo I'll probably stick with it :v:

e;

Big Beef City posted:

You literally have no way to know this or reason to speculate on it.

It's perfectly reasonable to speculate the Street Kid - as someone who grew up in city, on the streets - will know the streets better than a Nomad who is not from Night City...

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Cael posted:

Someone just tell me which path I can be the best lawful good paladin on so I can pick that one kthx

I suspect Nomad.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Big Beef City posted:

You did.

My point is that endless posts about "Wow my corpo super soldier ex con build is going to be so elite" is stupid because no one knows poo poo and just sounds ridiculous.

You sound really over invested in the made up backstories people come up with for their characters in this single player RPG. Should we go back to debating the merits of Penis 1 VS Penis 2?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Mode 7 posted:

I just want someone to dump all the skill trees and perks in detail so I can start daydream theorycrafting while I make up my mind if I'm buying this tomorrow or holding off.

https://www.purecyberpunk.com/gameinfo/attributes-skills-and-perks/ ?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

This HECKIN UPS DRIVER with my new GPU has been like a mile down the street for 45 minutes according to the UPS tracker.

I haven't paid attention to console performance chat much; how's PS4 Pro performance looking? I was thinking about getting it for a christmas gift for a friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I can't tell if that person's hair is glitched or if that's just some wacky dumb futuristic haircut front and to the left :v: