Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Extortionist
Aug 31, 2001

Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

Echophonic posted:

You can, however, hit the same symbol twice in a row to burn a buffer and do a rotation and keep your place, though. That last one's handy.
50 hours in using hacks constantly and I didn't realize this, wow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Extortionist
Aug 31, 2001

Regarding that early cop neighbor quest, how in the world is it copaganda? The tension in the story is literally about the function of the police as an institution is to protect capital and how that conflicts with the personal expectations of some police officers that they're actually promoting justice in the world. And then it shows how some resolve that tension by 'manning up' and others instead by being ground up and leaving the force--and how in either case they're also victims of that institutional cruelty even as they're propagating it.

It's basically ACAB in quest form.

Extortionist
Aug 31, 2001

Delizin posted:

So Judy eventually sends you a text saying that they buried Evelyn at the Columbarium. I went there looking and didn't find her site, but there are quite a few for other characters. Including some for characters that I wouldn't expect such as:

Neat little bit of lore there like confirming that Peralez's brother was real and not a fake memory. You can even find the graves for Alt Cunningham and our good friend Jackie.

I tried to cover the whole area, but might have missed it. Anyone find Evelyn's grave?

I wasn't able to find it after going there immediately after getting the text from Judy, but I'm not sure if I just overlooked it. I did find it there on a much later visit, IIRC it's on the left side of the main aisle, a bit past Jackie's.

Extortionist
Aug 31, 2001

adhuin posted:

I assume that people ordering this game from GoG are bit more hardcore than people, who bought from steam.
The numbers are pretty similar on Steam, it looks like. 19.7% finished the story, the ending choices are within a few tenths of a percent of the GOG choices on each of them.

Extortionist
Aug 31, 2001

stratdax posted:

This universe doesn't really make sense.
Population in Night City has fallen 30%. Wouldn't it be the other way around? People flocking to the city people of a combination overpopulation / dustbowl / depression / global warming situation?

Despite poverty supposedly being rampant, it seems like most people still have their own cars, can go out for dinner or drinks, wear nice clothes, and most of all - afford crazy cybermod customization. Even the most destitute have crazy robot limbs for some reason.

International shipping has been mostly shut down. Sure doesn't seem to affect the importing of cars, or building materials, or tech. The USA find a supply of rare earth materials in Utah?

At one of the corps, a forced work week of only 80 hours is considered good. Is there really that much work? Even after robotics and AI? Doing what?

I dunno I just can't help but compare this to Deus Ex Mankind Divided, where everything there was a lot more logical and foreseeable.

For the first question, I think it's a result of Night City both being in a precarious political situation following the 2070 war as well as the dramatic rise in crime and poverty since. It's not a place people really want to be, as I think several of the major characters' stories underscore.

For the rest, they sound like questions better asked for America 2020 than Cyberpunk 2077.

Extortionist
Aug 31, 2001

Eau de MacGowan posted:

gonna bet that even whilst chased by arasaka guards 99%+ did this after the parade mission

Extortionist
Aug 31, 2001

Sphyre posted:

how does misty's esoterica afford what are surely sky high night city rents. whose paying for these services

One of Vik's dialogues implies it's a front.

I'm not really sure why he needs a front when other ripperdocs have giant neon RIPPERDOC signs outside, however.

Extortionist
Aug 31, 2001

mobby_6kl posted:

Does Kerry call you again after the blow up the gear mission? Pages back I saw some screenshots that implied it, but I'm pretty much done with the game for now and nothing new came up recently.

Yeah, after a day or two.

Extortionist
Aug 31, 2001

Max Wilco posted:

Oh, either I didn't get that message, or I missed it. Maybe I did something wrong, or it was a double-cross kind of thing, but after the parade, Takemura died when Arasaka raids the hideout where he took Hanako. Johnny says he's dead, and V mentions that to Hanako, who says not to let his death be in vain. Maybe there's something in one of his quests I forgot to do?

You can save Takemura during the raid.

Extortionist
Aug 31, 2001

Infinite Karma posted:

When Johnny said to book at after the floor collapses, I just jumped straight back up and started blasting instead, and suddenly a new objective was in progress. Is there something that clues you in that you can save him if you don't just have the urge to run in and fight?

I don't think there's anything explicit, I just figured it was a Deus Ex reference and checked.

Extortionist
Aug 31, 2001

2house2fly posted:

I've cleared out all the side quests but there's still this "do quests until the Bartmoss person is available to call" objective. Maybe that updates after Gimme Danger? I've gathered there isn't much main quest left after that so I've been saving it. Well I'm level 49, no time like the present tomorrow

Yeah, you can't do it until Act 3, and after some additional side quests.

Extortionist
Aug 31, 2001

Samurai Sanders posted:

Edit: I guess there’s those racing missions where you can choose to go in your vehicle or hers. I just did the first one in her SUV and easily won; is it possible to win all of them just using hers?
Yeah, they're all trivially easy with her truck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Extortionist
Aug 31, 2001

RatHat posted:

Can you get into the stadium in the northeast of Pacifica?

You can get past the wall around it with double jump (there's a structure in the parking lot with an NCPD event around it, you can jump from its roof onto some lights, then after jumping across a few lights there's a crack in the wall you can just reach), but I couldn't find a way into the actual interior from there.