Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

TheRat posted:

Unknown my rear end

Ya, didn't CDPR already confirm the console patches aren't live?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

The X-Files episode Kill Switch (written by William Gibson) is pretty good and definitely cyberpunk. The other episode he wrote, First Person Shooter is probably the worst episode in the series.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Turin Turambar posted:

The more hyped a game is, the bigger the backlash from bugs and other flaws. I give it 89.

Not to mention bitter, whiny reviewers upset they didn't get a review copy early.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Yikes

quote:

It also bears a mention: Cyberpunk 2077 is phenomenally buggy. I played a pre-release build that was updated during the review period, and there's a day-one patch planned as well, but the scale of technical issues is too large to reasonably expect immediate fixes. I encountered some kind of bug on every mission I went on, from more common, funnier ones like characters randomly T-posing to several complete crashes. I didn't notice much of an improvement after the update, either. In a very late-game, very important fight, the game froze on me--twice. I ended up taking a break out of frustration before attempting, and finally succeeding, the third time.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

"There are a lot of dildos in this game"

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Simone Magus posted:

Who based his setting almost entirely on the ideas in the works of William Gibson, your point?

More devs should base their games on other author's work, that way when they are met with even the mildest criticisms their fans can say 'bbbut the source material' and hand wave them away

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

How many bullets y'all plan on shooting in this game

None I'm gonna rock the Johnny Mnemonic laser whip

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

lol every rating of this thread is either a 1 or a 5

Did my part and voted 3 :patriot:

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

So without quoting all your TLOU2 posts which are loving terrible did you seriously open the discussion by openly calling Abby a dude?

gently caress you, dude.

Dude is gender neutral

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

No Mods No Masters posted:

I don’t like that the game has crafting in it. Get it outta here. Well, thanks for reading my controversial view

Dildos are a crafting resource. Why wouldn't you want to infuse your gear with the power of dicks?

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

https://twitter.com/witchergame/status/1336396103898591240?s=19

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

I see a lot of people saying “I’m going to do Nomad start because we are all strangers to night city, so it will be cool to roleplay like that as well”. Let me present an alternative take.

As someone who has been reading about cyberpunk for years and is intimately familiar with many of the goings one over the last 40+ years, it’s a perfect setup for a Corpo run.

It’ll be like I’m the child of some middle management wageslaves. Grew up in some cloistered suburb of Night City and was coddled by the system, growing up to get a job at Arasaka just like mom and dad. I’ve never really experienced night city outside the walls of the office, but I have a huge knowledge of the world and what is happening, though I am naive and have never had to stand on my own feet without relying on the Corp.

Then whatever happens happens and I get thrown out of the Corp, and now I’m going to burn down the whole city.

I'm going Corpo because some of the Corpo lines from leaked footage have a strong Karen energy

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

FuzzySlippers posted:

Any of the people with press copies down a deep dive on skills/stats yet?

https://www.purecyberpunk.com/gameinfo/attributes-skills-and-perks/ has detailed info on stats/skills/perks

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

freebooter posted:

Sorry if this has been mentioned, but I pre-ordered and downloaded it, and my understanding was that it unlocks at midnight GMT, i.e. 11:00am AEDT, i.e. about 15 hours from now. But on my PS4 it has a little countdown clock which is currently just above four hours, i.e. it suggests it will unlock at midnight tonight? I assume this is just some error and maybe I never bothered to set my PS4 clock and it thinks I'm on GMT? Even as I type this out I'm realising this is obviously the case, never mind

edit - I just checked my PS4 settings and it is actually correctly set to UTC+10, so I dunno what the gently caress's going on

Consoles unlock at 12 am local time, PC is 12 am GMT

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

freebooter posted:

Oh seriously? So I can play at midnight tonight? And presumably every console gamer will just set their clock to NZ time? Now I don't regret taking that extra shift at work tomorrow!

Xbox can change their region, but PS4 accounts are region locked, so you'd have to set up a new account and buy the game on it.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

ufarn posted:

The game looks broken but not Bloodlines or Obsidian broken. I just think you’ll enjoy it more by waiting a few months.

I could be dead from Covid or Trump's impending civil war in a few months. gently caress that poo poo I'm playing it now, bugs be damned

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Cavauro posted:

can you feel cool in this game. And look cool

No only horny is allowed

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

a mysterious cloak posted:

Is fake game out yet for real

No it's still in the closet

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

rap music posted:

what the hell is cold blood

quote:

After defeating an enemy, gain cold blood for 10 seconds and increase movement speed by 2%. Stacks up to 1 times

Perks add additional effects and increase max stacks.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Cavauro posted:

On a 1440p monitor, does 1440p DLSS look any better than standard 1080p? Everyone should know the answer to this since the game is still locked on PC

In Death Stranding 1440p DLSS definitely looked better than 1080p on my 1440 monitor.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Since everyone will be flooding the thread with their opinions soon I just wanted to remind people that if you like a game that someone else doesn't it makes you a bad person and you should feel really bad about yourself

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Shirkelton posted:

It’s a good looking Keanu Reeves, I’ll give them that.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

d0grent posted:

what the fuuuuuck

you got cyberpunk'd

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Popete posted:

Everyone please calm down, it's just normal launch jitters and things will smooth out just give it a little time. The important thing to remember is relax, take a deep breath and go post a scathing negative Steam review.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Biggest glitch I've had:

(End of Act 1 spoiler)

https://i.imgur.com/ZbN1ros.mp4

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

I'm surprised this didn't kill me

https://i.imgur.com/8iv9ose.mp4

Also wow imgur's compression is terrible

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Tech precision rifles are incredibly OP, too. Just ping 1 enemy and then headshot everyone from the street through walls/floors/cover etc.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

poemdexter posted:

Does crafting ever get interesting?

Right now I can make 2 blue pistols and 1 purple pistol and everything else is green garbage. I was hoping I could craft more stuff, but the game seems to be pretty limited on variety in crafting right now.

The higher end crafting recipes are locked behind perks

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Zeta Acosta posted:

so after you get keanu on your brain the game takes you bad to the desert or you just can drive to it?

You can just drive there, and an early Act 2 quest line will take you there.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

I don't understand how Skip Dialogue and Crouch being bound to the same button ever made it to release. You're playing an immersive sim RPG, uncrouching is probably the first thing you'll do whenever you sneak up to converse with an NPC. Or when bad guys pour in during a cutscene, your instinct is to crouch behind something and now you've cut off the last thing your character said.

You can also use ctrl to stand up. C is toggle crouch, ctrl is hold to crouch. I just wish it were possible to disable the vignetting effect while crouching.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Ersatz posted:

Quick question on the game's economy, as I'm trying to decide whether it's worth it to invest in the hacking for $$$ perks. Are there, for example, infinite biker gangs roaming the desert that can be harvested for experience and equipment? Can you farm the police?

Mainly just trying to understand if there are finite resources in play or it's an open system with respawning baddies. If the former, I'll be more careful with spending, etc...

I'm pretty sure the blue NCPD open world jobs on the map respawn, and gang members definitely respawn. That said it is definitely worth taking the datamining perks. If you hit all three patterns (which is easy with an upgraded OS that has more than 4 slots) you can get $800-1800 per access point, and most of the gigs on the map have 2-3 access points in the hostile areas.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

w00tmonger posted:

Any way to see my Ram when Im not tabbed to I can quickhack more smoothly?

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Rinkles posted:

speaking of daemons, how does the camera perk work? I don't see a new option when highlighting cameras.

Daemons are breach protocol options. Scan anything on the network (doesn't have to be a camera), select breach protocol and one of the options will be camera deactivation.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Rinkles posted:

does that mean it only works for 3 minutes and can't be reapplied, because you can't (always?) breach the same area multiple times?

With perks you can get the duration up to 12 minutes. That said, I don't think it is that useful. Upgraded OS cyberware come with different device quick hacks, one of which will let you turn the camera to 'friendly' mode, and it seems to work permanently. You have to target the cameras individually, tho, rather than just scanning a coffee machine or whatever.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Tech is good for Engineering. The Tech weapon perks are really good.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

guidoanselmi posted:

Playing a high intel build. Where do you go to buy new quickhacks? Would be nice to find the suicide one.

e: Also, don't know if money was rebalanced after the day 0/1 patch - but I haven't had any issue making $100K after 12 hours of play.

There are Netrunner shops scattered about, the icon on the map looks like an SD card

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Atoramos posted:

I keep running into minor ignorable bugs that I couldn't care less about

but then every once in a while I hit something like a previous poster noted, where something we're clearly meant to be able to interact with... I can't

Joytoy in Lizzie's seems to be a questgiver or something and just spoke at length about woes with her pimp, but there's not much I can do about it

Joytoys are just generic NPCs, the magnifying glass symbol just means you can talk/scan something for quest or flavor info.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

stev posted:

Also, do we know what the percentage tracker on the main menu is? Am I 10% through the main story, all missions or full completion? :shrug:

Not sure, but I'm up to three trackers now-

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

ROFLburger posted:

Do shotguns get improved by the assault tree? it mentions "rifles and submachine guns" for most of the options but not sure it that includes shotgun

Shotgun perks are in the Annihilation tree (Body)