Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

DoubleNegative posted:

So get used to seeing me resting the "something is happening" crown on top of people's heads.

This is the correct way to play KQVI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bregor
May 31, 2013

MagusofStars posted:

So, uh, you just gonna ignore that dude in the black robe? He's probably not as creepy as he seems...or he's going to straight up shank you for interrupting his reading - either way, we should be friendly.

We haven't left the bookstore yet, I'm guessing we'll start with the hooded stranger before we get to the ferryman and more :words:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Lucas Archer posted:

Every. Single. Time. On every portrait. Everyone got crowned at one point or another.

Bregor posted:

This is the correct way to play KQVI.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Jollo rules. Fight me.

Also can’t wait to get into the meat of the game... :getin:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

I never got that as a kid. Man I love this game :allears:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

I absolutely love this scene :allears:

Also thanks for all these tidbits about the long and short endings, and DMW scenarios. I played this game a looooong time ago and had a bitch of a time getting a perfect score, so it takes me back.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Guildenstern Mother posted:

B) they recently figured out that in the next section you can hold down alt and walk straight through the tile puzzle

:aaaaa:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

I was digging through some boxes in my attic recently and came across an old Fodor's USA guide book, which accompanied the original "Where in the USA is Carmen Sandiego?". I can't remember if it was actually copy protection or just gave hints about the clues in the game, but it sure takes me back to this era of gaming.

As for the labyrinth, man it was tense playing this part as a kid. The goofier bits did lighten the mood, but it's very grim when compared to the rest of the game (so far).

Straight White Shark posted:

Huh, the labyrinth is a hell of a lot bigger than I remember.

:same: I remember it being something like a 6x6 grid. I didn't even remember the drop to the lower floor!

Bregor
May 31, 2013

DoubleNegative posted:

I see you have proven yourself the 'hero' of the prophecy. Well, I am expected to thank you for saving my daughter's life, so I thank you.

Jeez, don't get too excited Alex friggin' saved your kid from a horrible death!

But enough about that, here come the druids!

Bregor
May 31, 2013

:allears:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Psion posted:

And then Jollo immediately agrees he could easily swipe the lamp, just not get away with it undetected. So one has to wonder how many times Alhazred's pants have gone missing under mysterious circumstances...

Richard Kind

IS

Jollo the Clown

IN

King’s Quest XXIII: The Road Less Trousered

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Nice wig, Beasty

Bregor
May 31, 2013

It's also extremely generous that the game gives you two gulps of the "DRINK ME" bottle. I feel like previous games you'd drink the whole thing once, have to noodle it out, then re-load a save before you chugged it the first time.

Also I can't wait for the long ending content :black101:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Yeah I think the first thing I did here was xylophone. This part of the game is so good :getin:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

DoubleNegative posted:

Zounds! That sounds serious!

:allears:

This is the best part of the game, and maybe all of Sierra gaming. The setting, the solutions, the script and narration, it all just comes together right here.

Also I’d never seen Alex’s death animation when the Lord of the Dead touches him, that’s amazing. Alex’s hair is immortal :v:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

DoubleNegative posted:

May I direct your attention to this site which seems to be a comprehensive "the many deaths of Alexander" guide.

That’s great :dadjoke:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Let the man saunter, he’s about to steal a genie for Christ sake! :colbert:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

What impeccable timing from the king and queen!

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Hooray! Great work on the LP, DN.

It always cracked me up that Alex immediately says, "Now back in your bottle, all-powerful genie!" when he could just have him zap the Big Bad instead. Then he promptly has the lamp swatted away from him. Alex is nothing if not clumsy.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

DoubleNegative posted:

Also fun fact: the mint leaves are how you defeat Shamir if you didn't get the right lamp, or never befriended Jollo. He gets drunk as hell off the mint and casts a dazzle spell, which ricochets and hits him instead.

I loved this bit as a kid. To this day my sister and I will say "MMMM, MINT!" whenever someone gets mint candies or ice cream :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Man, King’s Quest VII looks different... :v: