Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
I’m glad that Herbie went to a team where he’d be developed well, is what I’m saying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

*pushes glasses up*

Excuse me, I don’t believe Herbie is on the draft board this year so if you would kindly gently caress OFF and stop ruining the SANCTITY of the ART of the NFL DRAFT? thank you...

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

you're my best friend

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Cavauro posted:

you're my best friend

Thanks for the post with the two drafts I liked them both.

I'd be interested if the Falcons traded down from 4 with fields on the board. Feels like it could be a mistake, but I do like picking up more draft picks.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

My initial assumption of Kwity Paye, given the description of him as "freak athlete" and "shot rapidly up draft boards" but with little mention of his college production or any interest in him prior to the draft season, is to think he'll bust hard like so many other freak athletes who shot up boards at the last minute. Is that wrong? Did anyone here watch him in college and could provide insights on him?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The Big Jesus posted:

Thanks for the post with the two drafts I liked them both.

I'd be interested if the Falcons traded down from 4 with fields on the board. Feels like it could be a mistake, but I do like picking up more draft picks.

Thanks man. gained 1 friend today

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ostentatious posted:

*pushes glasses up*

Excuse me, I don’t believe Herbie is on the draft board this year so if you would kindly gently caress OFF and stop ruining the SANCTITY of the ART of the NFL DRAFT? thank you...

I got you buddy

https://raiderswire.usatoday.com/2021/03/04/mike-mayock-says-raiders-asked-too-much-of-failed-draft-pick-lynn-bowden-jr/

Good article on how the Raiders are going to actually be good now. Big news involving the draft.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

SKULL.GIF posted:

My initial assumption of Kwity Paye, given the description of him as "freak athlete" and "shot rapidly up draft boards" but with little mention of his college production or any interest in him prior to the draft season, is to think he'll bust hard like so many other freak athletes who shot up boards at the last minute. Is that wrong? Did anyone here watch him in college and could provide insights on him?

The edge class this year is all supplemental pass rushers at best imo. There's a bunch of guys who are freaks in some way but don't strike me as impact players by themselves.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
this is the first draft I can remember in a long time where the offensive lineman clearly outclass the defensive lineman.

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Jan 17, 2001

Forum Veteran

I can’t imagine the patriots not taking a QB with their number one pick I mean what else can they do? Even if they ride with Cam Newton for one more year.

I really hope they don’t start going with retreads

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Satisfaction Guaranteed posted:

I can’t imagine the patriots not taking a QB with their number one pick I mean what else can they do? Even if they ride with Cam Newton for one more year.

I really hope they don’t start going with retreads

Knowing Bill? Consensus fourth round prospect safety or running back.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

looks like they'll be taking Micah Parsons. based on the polls

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Here's a nice meaty one from the Manistee News Advocate.

https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/mock-drafts/2021/manistee-news-2021-robert-myers?date=2021-02-21

V. Rare Mock do not steal

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Cavauro posted:

looks like they'll be taking Micah Parsons. based on the polls

taking parsons in the first and then letting taking trask in the second or mond in the third makes more sense to me than trading a king’s ransom for mac jones

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
There's no way Parsons will be available in the late twenties when the Patriots are picking.

Wait, what?!

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Eifert Posting posted:

There's no way Parsons will be available in the late twenties when the Patriots are picking.

Wait, what?!

People are expecting him to freefall because he's a giant rear end in a top hat.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
despite the fact that this was something that happened years ago I still occasionally find myself surprised the Bengals aren't drafting at pick 21. That was just their spot in the draft for so many years.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Man if Parsons makes a fall to 14-15, Miami has to jump New England and secure that. No way he gets passed Bill.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
There is no way in hell Parsons doesn't get drafted by 15 bc if he still on the board that late, someone will trade up. Parsons is a game wrecker

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

oh holy poo poo I finally looked at what people were describing as character issues. Yeah somebody is going cave this dudes skull in.

https://www.abc27.com/sports/former...ording-to-espn/

quote:

Humphries said the hazing and the ensuing retaliation he allegedly received from the school forced him to transfer from Penn State. He's now a student at the University of California, Berkeley, and a member of the Golden Bears football team.

During his only autumn at Penn State in 2018, Humphries said he and other underclassmen were frequently targeted for hazing acts that simulated sexual assault.

Players would allegedly regularly pin younger teammates to the floor and simulate "a humping action while on top" or place their "genitals on the face of the lower classmen." One of the players would place a "penis on the buttocks of the lower classmen and stroke his genitalia, simulating the action of ejaculation," among other acts alleged in the lawsuit.

Penn State was rocked by the Jerry Sandusky scandal in 2011 and 2012, when the former assistant coach to legendary head coach Joe Paterno was arrested and convicted for a string of sexual assaults against young boys.

The school and its football program were accused of covering up for Sandusky, leading to harsh penalties against the Nittany Lions imposed by the NCAA, the governing body of college sports.

"At all relevant times material hereto, the harassment and hazing ritual undertaken by defendant Damion Barber, Micah Parsons, Yetur Gross-Matos and Jesse Luketa included the participants stating to lower classmen, such as the plaintiff, 'I'm going to Sandusky you,'" the lawsuit said.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The polls

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Everything in Pennsylvania is garbage, Philadelphia is just the "gently caress you, buddy" sorta garbage that is somehow charming.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

oh holy poo poo I finally looked at what people were describing as character issues. Yeah somebody is going cave this dudes skull in.

https://www.abc27.com/sports/former...ording-to-espn/

Yeah they definitely learned their lesson from a 3 year bowl ban and then having all their records restored. Good job NCAA.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Doltos' speculation isn't speculation. It's research based fact that just happens to be wrong the vast majority of the time.

lmao

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

I really hope teams keep overthinking The top tackles in this draft and penei sewell inexplicably ends up at 13

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Chucktesla posted:

I really hope teams keep overthinking The top tackles in this draft and penei sewell inexplicably ends up at 13

You and me both

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I am not really all that wild about any of the QB prospects after Lawrence, so i’m hoping the Lions grab a WR or a DE or something. They could really use a linebacker, and Parsons could be there at #7, but to hell with that guy.

But, knowing the Lions, they’ll draft Kyle Pitts.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

who is the biggest "play maker" in the draft? is it kyle pitts? Someone who really can make a big play when your team is trying to run a play

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

If you could use a time machine and have freshman year Rondale Moore in the draft then he would imo be the number one guy in that regard

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

his play making days are over with

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

I was going to say no he's still good but apparently he's played seven games the past two seasons due to injuries so maybe?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

sounds like a guy who is gonna have 7 touchdowns on 21 receptions. But it's yet to be determined if he is going to make those plays, or have them made for him

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I can't really see SF grabbing a defensive lineman. A CB makes sense, so does trading for a draft QB or one of the fifty guys who seemingly want out. But their front 7 is pretty good.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Cavauro posted:

who is the biggest "play maker" in the draft? is it kyle pitts? Someone who really can make a big play when your team is trying to run a play

did you see alabama play at all

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

mastershakeman posted:

Performance in the minors often does not translate to the bigs in a 1:1 way

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Gonz posted:

I am not really all that wild about any of the QB prospects after Lawrence, so i’m hoping the Lions grab a WR or a DE or something. They could really use a linebacker, and Parsons could be there at #7, but to hell with that guy.

But, knowing the Lions, they’ll draft Kyle Pitts.

I would be happy with them only drafting defensive players.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

mastershakeman posted:

No. it's my understanding that alabama is usually the strongest or second strongest team. i don't normally watch the amateur game and probably won't until the players are paid, but I've also been dealing with an enormous amount of upheaval and loss due to the COVID-19 pandemic which requires my full attention. truth be told, i haven't sat to watch a full game of football or analyzed much of any sport since 2019. With the help of the posters here i'm hoping i'll be more able to allow my mind to wander to relevant and realistic ideas about the NFL Draft sometime within the next six months. the power and indispensability of the mock draft and any opinion borne of a similar mindset has never been more evident or appreciated than right now, and it's all i'm asking of anyone. If anyone's got some good thoughts about where you think certain players are going to go, or who the best players are, or things of that nature, i'd really like it to be posted in this thread. Please send me a lot of information about making plays.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I have the hots for Alim McNeill.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Cavauro posted:

No. it's my understanding that alabama is usually the strongest or second strongest team. i don't normally watch the amateur game and probably won't until the players are paid, but I've also been dealing with an enormous amount of upheaval and loss due to the COVID-19 pandemic which requires my full attention. truth be told, i haven't sat to watch a full game of football or analyzed much of any sport since 2019. With the help of the posters here i'm hoping i'll be more able to allow my mind to wander to relevant and realistic ideas about the NFL Draft sometime within the next six months. the power and indispensability of the mock draft and any opinion borne of a similar mindset has never been more evident or appreciated than right now, and it's all i'm asking of anyone. If anyone's got some good thoughts about where you think certain players are going to go, or who the best players are, or things of that nature, i'd really like it to be posted in this thread. Please send me a lot of information about making plays.
True

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Cavauro posted:

What are your thoughts on potentially guessing which teams will select which players on the upcoming draft? A hypothetical series of selections. It elicits conversation and dialogue amongst both team need and prospect skillset.