Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Not getting any long term bump from the Smackdown that had NFL as a lead in sure is damning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Rhonne posted:

Where do you think Triple H got teleported to?

Banished to the Yugioh Shadow Zone

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Cena chasing and getting the WWE version of Flair's record would be money so ofc they're not going to chase it and have be set by Randy Orton

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

Edit: I am very proud of WWE they have finally created art as funny as Vampiro and the Demon vs Sting. Alexa might even be a better wrestler than Vampiro and The Demon.

We'll know that the end has truly come when we the Fiend Raft to join the Hogan raft

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Lid posted:

Murder Ibushi.

Best part of Today's WOR questions was someone asking how Ibushi would have fared if he stayed in WWE and Dave laughed and than said he'd be Akira Tozawa

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Tony's Jags were probably the NFL team with most hilarious off season till the Houston Texans ended up under the control of Religious Cult leader

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

You say that but here we have Fox and USA paying big money for WWE and what has that got them?

And sports right haven't gone down really and while the NHL is the NBA/NFL in terms of ratings it does draw a better level of advertiser. So really getting the same type of deal, a worse deal or even a better deal; is all likely

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I thought for Fox they would at least build up big shows during sweeps to do big ratings but they aren't even doing that

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MJeff posted:

They will solve this problem when Comcast buys them.

I mean I'm still sure WWE is not gonna be sold while Vince is alive but given the money being thrown around I wonder if Vince gets a deal where he can't say no

Another question is if this works out does HBO Max make a play for AEW PPV's and maybe a share of the company?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Lamo not even main NXT for Meiko

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

We've gone beyond TNA and into something beyond. Cherish this as we are going down a path not even TNA or Memphis dared travel

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

People claim WWE is becoming 2000 WCW but in fact they have become Dungeon of Doom WCW.

Except bad.

Triple cage of doom but instead it's ontop of WWE headquarters who says no

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

"I wish Edge could just have one more run in WWE to end his career properly and on his own terms."

The funny/sad part is this run has probably shot his chances at the Observer hall of fame

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

This run has completely ruined Edge's Observer hall chances and that's amazing.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Edge & Christian posted:

Hasn't that been Vince's thing forever? I feel like someone (maybe Bryan and Vinny on their Superstars/SNME retro reviews) keeps commenting on how commentary will call people like Ronnie Garvin and Pez Whatley "talented young newcomers" and similar things even as they're pushing 40 and into the second or third decades of their careers.

I grant you that these guys were never in line to main event or probably even contend for the IC title, but it's the same "actively ignore the world outside the WWF even when it is blindingly obvious" mentality.

That's more Vince wanting WWF/WWE to be the only world so nothing else counts. In terms of top level pushes in the past Vince wanted young guys. He tried to move on from Hogan when he was only 36 at Mania 6 and just as recently winded Cena down so much that Cena went to Hollywood.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Astro7x posted:

Raw Ratings

Raw ratings down 21% from last year

That Raw graph is a classic use visuals to distract from the numbers as the first graph does show Raw going down but it's bigger than the cable graph so it must be doing better! (When in actuality Cable's decline is way less than Raw's)

Also Edge has completely tanked his WOR Hall chances and hopefully Orton has as well

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Obviously since Raw was about MY HOLE all the posting was done in the Gloryhole duh

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

This doesn't make it's success inevitable at all. Giving it away and getting huge numbers does not make a thing profitable or successful. They might not be able to get rid of it because it becomes part of what people expect out of their cable package but it could be a huge boondoggle if they keep pumping money into it and not getting actual revenue in return.

I mean it's not like we haven't seen this happen to other forms of media going all in on online platforms and dropping traditional media only for it to end blowing up and ruining everything

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Not to mention streaming being expected to be ad free which is large source of Revenue for Cable/Broadcast TV and Streaming costing 10-20 a month really doesn't make that revenue up.

The fact you see companies playing with charging more for the new release movies they've put on streaming instead of theaters instead of Covid is a real sign that the pricing the studios want for max profit isn't 10-20 and they're only charging that get subscribers

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Sure is a thing you want to say when it's the TV deals that are making your company the most money it has ever made

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Considering they all folded on Twitch rights they'll just fold here again and think it's all good.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The Beatings will continue until morale improves!

Really not shocked at this though. When all the talent just up and folded over Twitch rights was a pretty clear sign to management that they could get away with anything

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Rarity posted:

Why pay union dues when you can get a brand spanking new PS5?

By the time the PS5 is widely available WWE talent will have given up so much they won't be able to afford it!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Hopefully that means Kari is just waiting out her contract and is gonna sign with Stardom

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Miz being WWE champion in 2021 perfectly sums up modern WWE

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/1363685051838435329

Miz is the most accomplished wrestler ever we just have to accept it

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Hogan and Goldberg have actual Charisma to get you to buy tickets/ppv. Miz, despite being a good talker, doesn't have that charisma

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Seems to go from 2000 WCW to Peak TNA wildly

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Nuance and depth is too much for the WWE so of course they'll take the easy road and go with Racism

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Dangerous Person posted:

Don't put this on Hirooki

Rarity posted:

Don't be silly, Goto would have to win a title first to have defences

:(((((((((((

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

That ending Orton/Bliss segment sure does make the end of the AEW PPV looks so much better huh

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

La Sombra with good career advice!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I mean don't even have to look at just Andrade, just look at WWE's track record with Bullet Club guys and you can see they should stay far away

God a WWE version of Los Igobernables would have been terrible

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Just know they're going to bring Andrade back to TV to convince him to stay by *reads notes* humiliating him

Edit: Oh god they're going to feed him to Nia Jax just like they tried to do Moxley

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Lid posted:

I was this forums biggest Cobb mark but he got exposed badly in the 2019 G1, couldn't run and oversold way too much. Then a year in NJPW and his breakout in the 2020 G1 taight him how to be an effective hoss. If WWE had picked him up their attitude of accentuating the negatives in their workers would have killed his career so fast.

I'm morbidly curious to see the world where Kota and ZSJ signed with WWE during the Cruiserweight Classic

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Davros1 posted:

Is the Fiend going to wear a mask over that mask?

Stealing Bushi's gimmick smh

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Pylons posted:

https://twitter.com/wwenxt/status/1374521173061505028?s=21

KUSHIDA is just gonna get thrown all the problematic people in NXT.

Not only that he left New Japan cause he didn't want to be typecast as a Junior and now he's going to be stuck in Crusiserweight/205 hell forever

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The 93 King of the Ring could of set the PPV up to be a big deal if coming out of it theu had Brett win and than have him feud and beat Hogan but of course Hogan wasn't going to do that. And instead we have Jerry Lawler attack Brett and that drags Brett down as the number 2 face as that feud is very much not good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

A Stipulation that is both racist and dumb at the same time? Sure does sound like the WWE