Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Bifauxnen's Fairy Bread is available to cook.

Ingredients:
- Plain cheap white bread
- Margarine or any similar butter-like spread
- Sprinkles, preferably "100s & 1000s" or nonpareils

Instructions:
Spread the margarine onto the bread slices and cut them into triangles.

Then cover the buttered surface with the sprinkles. Easiest way to do this is to spread out the sprinkles in a dish and press it buttered side down.

Pictured: the proper type of sprinkles, 100's and 1000's, look, it even has a picture of fairy bread right on there

That's seriously it, voila, you have now created a popular party snack loved by Australian children!

Bifauxnen's Fairy Bread is worth 25 points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

merk's 25 minute Risotto is available to cook.

Ingredients
olive oil
2 Tbsp butter
4 cloves garlic - minced
1 cup arborio rice
half white onion - chopped
1/4 cup white wine (that you actually enjoy to drink)
parmesean cheese wedge
4 cups chicken or vegetable stock

Instructions
Heat (BUT DO NOT BOIL) your stock - set it aside on low heat to keep warm
Melt butter and some random amount of oil in medium sized pan over high heat - make sure the pan you use is either a wok or has high sides because we're putting liquid in it
throw your onions in and let them get translucent, maybe 5 minutes
throw your garlic in, inhale deeply for 1 minute
throw the rice in and whip it around in the pan to get covered with all the goodness
add the wine to the pan and slowly stir while it is absorbed
once the wine is absorbed, add a ladle full of the stock into the pan and watch it get absorbed - make sure to stir the rice during this process
repeat the ladling in wine thing every few minutes until you run out of stock - should take about 25m
on the last ladle of stock, about halfway through, grate or shred whatever amount of parmesean cheese you want over the rice
eat.

I usually throw salmon on top of mine in a bowl. My wife has a picture of the last time I did this that I'll get when she wakes up.

merk's 25 minute Risotto is worth 25 points.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Look, a wild spectator recipe appeared.

akarshi's Taiwanese Minced Pork Over Rice (Lu Rou Fan).

Ingredients
1. 1 lb pork belly (alternative: ground pork for something less fatty)
2. 2 tablespoons of Shaoxing wine (alternatives: dry sherry, sake)
3. 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
4. 1 tablespoon of dark soy sauce (alternative: 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce, or skip - this is primarily added for color)
5. 2.5 teaspoons of granulated sugar
6. 8 dried shiitake mushrooms (alternative: fresh shiitake mushrooms)
7. 2 shallots, minced (alternative: one small minced onion)
8. Steamed rice

Spices
1. 2 star anise pods (alternative: 1 teaspoon of five spice powder. If using this, do not add the cinnamon stick)
2. 1 cinnamon stick (alternative: 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, or the 1 teaspoon of five spice powder mentioned above)
3. 2 bay leaves (optional)

Optional
1. Peeled, hardboiled eggs (though I highly recommend some kind of egg to go with this, like a fried egg slapped on top? great stuff)
2. Fried shallots
3. Some pickled vegetable as a side (anything pickled should work. I've had this with pickled bamboo shoots, pickled ginger, kimchi etc. The kind of pickles that go on a burger should work too)
Steps
1. If using dry shiitake mushrooms, put the shiitake mushrooms in a bowl and pour in 1 cup of boiling water. Wait until the mushrooms turn tender - around 20-25 minutes.
2. Remove shiitakes from the water, squeezing out any excess liquid. Save the mushroom water.
3. Slice the shiitake mushrooms into thin strips.
4. Cut the pork belly into thin slices, like how you would dice a thick cut bacon.
5. Heat the pan on low. Add oil and cook the sugar until it starts to melt, then add the minced shallots.
6. Turn up the heat to medium, stir fry the shallots.
7. Add the pork belly and stir fry until lightly browned.
8. Deglaze with Shaoxing wine (i.e. pour in the Shaoxing wine to release any stuck on food bits)
9. Add the mushrooms, soy sauce, and dark soy sauce.
10. If you have mushroom water, add the mushroom water (avoid adding the sediment on the bottom) and 1 cup of water. Otherwise, 2 cups of water.
11. Stir and bring the mixture to a boil. Add the spices - star anise, bay leaves, and cinnamon.
12. Turn the heat to low and simmer for 1.5 hours. Add the peeled hardboiled eggs in the last 30 minutes of simmering. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
13. Make rice in the rice cooker. If you don't have a rice cooker, put 2x the water to rice in a pot. Boil the water, add rice, cover, and reduce heat to low for 20 minutes. Remove pot after 20 and let rice sit for 5 min.
14. Once the pork is fall-apart tender and the sauce is thick, remove from heat. Serve over steamed rice. Sprinkle some fried shallots on top if using.

akarshi's Taiwanese Minced Pork Over Rice (Lu Rou Fan) is worth 25 points.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

The midnight snack flash recipe will be available until 10PM EST when this game was supposed to open, at which point a new flash deal will take it's place. All recipes have been updated in the OP. Allez Cuisine.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

drat I told you guys Merk was town, also who messed with me last night?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Okay so let's clear up some stuff.

I used a brown sugar and Mace blend to get sandwolf and bif into a masonry with me. We have the ability to see All spices used by, and on, a person as well as ones they own , we don't get the specifics though, just a list of all of the spices and blends with no context.

Bif had me fooled pretty good honestly and I had no suspicions.

Last night we chose to target merk with our ability.

The following things were returned:

Brown Sugar & Mace Blend - this was our spice cop thing
Cumin & Tumeric Blend - This was me, and is the reason merk is dead. What this blend did was make me unable to be targeted by a night kill or a spice steal and instead I name a player each night and if either of those two things happen to me they are redirected to my target instead, last night that target was merk, so i was targeted by a kill last night.

so this leaves the following things that merk had, or had done to them, or did to someone else.
Garlic
Allspice, Cumin & Garlic Blend
Cayenne Pepper & Garlic Spice Blend

I am still in the masonry with sandwolf but we can no no longer do the spice cop thing because bif died.

Let's see if this information can help us sus out other scum.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Well I tried to use garlic on scientastic but was redirected to someone else, result was they visited bif

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

CapitalistPig posted:

I used a brown sugar and Mace blend to get sandwolf and bif into a masonry with me. We have the ability to see All spices used by, and on, a person as well as ones they own , we don't get the specifics though, just a list of all of the spices and blends with no context.

Cumin & Tumeric Blend - This was me, and is the reason merk is dead. What this blend did was make me unable to be targeted by a night kill or a spice steal and instead I name a player each night and if either of those two things happen to me they are redirected to my target instead, last night that target was merk, so i was targeted by a kill last night.

so this leaves the following things that merk had, or had done to them, or did to someone else.
Garlic

I am still in the masonry with sandwolf but we can no no longer do the spice cop thing because bif died.

Let's see if this information can help us sus out other scum.

OK, while I hate night actions bingo, this post is mega town from CPig.

I am not convinced that it’s your fault that Merk died, because I also used a crazy spice blend that involved a redirect, and I targeted merk.

I have a question: when you say “Last night we chose to target merk with our ability.” who is “we”? Did one specific person do this?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Well I tried to use garlic on scientastic but was redirected to someone else, result was they visited bif

If that is true, then whoever you were redirected to killed bif, I'm assuming with the cayenne since i doubt there is an sk or more than one scum team in a game this size, so whoever that was is going to die tonight from the doomed unless a blend removed the doomed.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Scientastic posted:

I am not convinced that it’s your fault that Merk died, because I also used a crazy spice blend that involved a redirect, and I targeted merk.

I have a question: when you say “Last night we chose to target merk with our ability.” who is “we”? Did one specific person do this?

Who did you redirect exactly?

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

ObamaAkbar. posted:

I’d love to claim credit for the Bif kill, but my crazy spice blend was cumin, garlic and allspice: this meant that I could target someone and both track and watch them, as well as redirect anyone who targeted me onto them.

I saw merk visit Bif.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I'm assuming then tha merk was the one who killed bif and was who obama got redirected to

Scientastic posted:

We have the ability to see All spices used by, and on, a person as well as ones they own , we don't get the specifics though, just a list of all of the spices and blends with no context.

This was a collective action as a masonry

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

CapitalistPig posted:

I'm assuming then tha merk was the one who killed bif and was who obama got redirected to

We have the ability to see All spices used by, and on, a person as well as ones they own , we don't get the specifics though, just a list of all of the spices and blends with no context.

##Vote Sandwolf

I saw two things happen TO merk last night: a mysterious group of masked strangers, and Sandwolf specifically.

I think your mason group is the masked strangers, and Sandwolf specifically visited to NK merk (or was redirected to NK merk).

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I generally hate night action bingo, but I can’t see this as anything other than a slam dunk

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
based on what everyone has said it's pretty clear what happened.

What results did you get exactly science?

*preview edit*

##vote sandwolf

Did I loving manage to pick two scum team members to invite to my masonry? holy gently caress.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I could totally see bif being on sandwolf as distancing/bussing with the way the interactions were set up

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
Hmmm.

Obama had no visitors last night other than me.

None of the default spice effects or conditions seem to redirect either.

So.... uh... that's weird obama.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Not saying redirects can't be a thing here esp with combined spices, but I used a regular allspice watch on Obama.

It was successful and had no visitors.

On reconfirm, it doesnt even confirm me as a visitor to him, but did say it was successful.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Idle Amalgam posted:

Hmmm.

Obama had no visitors last night other than me.

None of the default spice effects or conditions seem to redirect either.

So.... uh... that's weird obama.

What’s weird? Sci specifically said he has a spice combo that redirects actions on him, so unless you think we are in cahoots...

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
I chose them because I figured they were innocuous enough to be considered for NK.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Wait why would Merk vig bif and not sandwolf? Something doesn’t add up here

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Ah that does clear it all up, nvm!

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
But yeah the ultimate results are still weird

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

OK, I think Cpig’s post on merk makes sense:

Cpig posted:

Garlic

I’m the allspice, cumin and garlic
OA is the garlic, he tried to use on me and it redirected to merk
Cayenne and garlic is merk killing Bif

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Wait why would Merk vig bif and not sandwolf? Something doesn’t add up here

why did merk do anything he did this game? I don't think he was taking it very seriously.

With as many redirects as this game had flying around it could easily have been redirected.

Regardless of why, it's still pretty clear what happened last night.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Let’s not turbo anyone though.

I’m drinking margaritas with my wife, but on Monday I can have a look at Bif’s posting to see if it fits

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

I’d rather not turbo either as I’d like to earn some points before the next night

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Yeah agreed.

Let's not rush into this. I'd also like time to look at this and do some reading.

##unvote for now

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Same, I need to cook.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

If Sand flips scum I think IA is worth looking at, seems to push him early game and then suddenly decides he’s not suspicious later on

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Incredible!

I'm probably not up to recreate the whole thing, but I love goat cheese, so I will have to try making goat cheese panna cotta sometime.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Let me show you how we used to do a fairy bread equivalent in my house growing up.

Bread, toasted, with butter and cinnamon sugar blend on top.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Sub Rosa posted:

Incredible!

I'm probably not up to recreate the whole thing, but I love goat cheese, so I will have to try making goat cheese panna cotta sometime.

We get beets in our veg box every week, so I have to come up with creative ways to use them all the time.

My panna cotta were not quite firm enough, I would recommend more gelatin than I used...

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I did nothing last night (other than the collective masonry action I guess?)

Merk was my strongest scumread, paranoia is making me think GGN at this point tho

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
How many scum do we think there are in a game of this size?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

GenericGirlName posted:

How many scum do we think there are in a game of this size?

Probably 3

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Sandwolf posted:

I did nothing last night (other than the collective masonry action I guess?)

Merk was my strongest scumread, paranoia is making me think GGN at this point tho

Not scientastic? Surely he must be lying if you are dismissing his results?

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

CapitalistPig posted:

-snipped the rest-

Uh what?

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
I guess I'm not understanding the masonry Cpig and SW are currently in (assuming it didn't disolve when bif died).

CapitalistPig posted:

Actually, maybe I'm over thinking it and the mason's power counts as using the spice blend again for the sake of night watching?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

GenericGirlName posted:

I guess I'm not understanding the masonry Cpig and SW are currently in (assuming it didn't disolve when bif died).

Actually, maybe I'm over thinking it and the mason's power counts as using the spice blend again for the sake of night watching?

Yeah so the full spice blend of brown sugar and mace allows you to invite two people into a masonry with you, that masonry then gets the listed spice cop ability that they can perform as a group each night.