Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Lord_Magmar posted:

I actually did see the movie in theatres, maybe there are different cuts between theatre and the streamed version? If it’s a must be experienced in cinemas movie this might be why.
I saw the streaming version and remember this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

FilthyImp posted:

Max's megalomania is likely a result of his son Wishing for him to be great creating a feedback loop of Wishes and lovely health.
Maybe I’m misremembering but I thought the scene was Max saying that he wanted to be great so then his son would also be great and he says to his son “don’t you want to be great like your father” and then his son says “ok then I wish for your greatness” and you see the wind effect and Max looks disappointed. I thought that implied that the son was wishing to be great like his father but didn’t directly wish for his father to be great hence Max’s disappointment.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Hypocrisy posted:

He's upset because he wanted to give his son something but his son used his wish on Max.
Ah, OK. That makes sense.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Flying Zamboni posted:

It's an unconventional choice for the role, but I'm sure Diane will do a good job.
lol

The current rumor is they're planning a Batman Beyond type franchise.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Guy A. Person posted:

This came up earlier in Discord. It seems to be a reference to this reply, but I am not convinced it actually confirms anything:

It didn't.

https://twitter.com/brooksbarnesNYT/status/1346295818836271105?s=20

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

For me WW84’s biggest problem is that it’s boring. There are some superhero movie which aren’t my thing but I didn’t mind watching them but WW84 was just boring. I kept checking how much time was left.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

teagone posted:

Well poo poo. Maybe I was wrong about her.

[edit] I poked into the DC Cinematic subreddit thread about Ray's recent removal from the Flash movie and jfc...all the comments just had me all :psyduck:
lol yeah it's pretty bad. there's some crazy WB bootlicking going on. "WB shouldn't be punished, they've brought us so much enjoyment."

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Shageletic posted:

how the gently caress did a mediocre comic book writer (Geoff Johns) become one of the most untouchable people in Hwood lol wtf?
There's a ton of "I'm a lawyer and if Ray actually had something he could speak publicly without fear of being sued. He obviously has nothing and just wants attention." posts on Reddit along with a lot defending Johns saying he's done more for diversity in comics than Ray ever could.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Everyone posted:

"I want what I want when I want it and God gently caress anyone or anything that even appears to get in the way of that."
Reminds me of this tweet which I found funny because of what prompted it.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Someone better let FoldableHuman know.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Christian Bale is the villain, so not sure who this could be.
I thought it was confirmed that Bale would be playing Gorr the Butcher.

edit: https://www.marvel.com/articles/movies/christian-bale-joins-thor-love-thunder-gorr-god-butcher

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Yeah, he is playing Gorr the God Butcher and he is the villain of the movie. I'm saying that it's not clear who Matt Damon is playing, since it is an actual role and the villain is cast.
Ah sorry I misunderstood.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

(a thread) lol

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Vandar posted:

Because most people will see a link that takes them off of Twitter and decide it's not worth it, I suppose.
Someone told me that it also has to do with "engagement metrics". A single individual clicking each tweet in a 14 tweet twitter thread is counted as 14 clicks. It the same reason why newspapers and magazines give print subscribers free online access. They double count them to boost subscriber count.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Certainly moreso than most Americans at the time who would have had very little exposure to the "melting pot".
Anecdotal, but both sets of my grandparents immigrated in the early 1920s and settled in the stereotypical poor immigrant neighborhoods. Their experiences definitely shaped their opinions. They were white, blonde haired, and blue eyed but were the wrong kind of white with the wrong accents so they had to deal with a lot of poo poo. They were strongly left wing as they saw and directly benefitted from the social programs enacted during the depression. They disliked the police because they were regularly harassed by them for loitering because they would line up early in the morning when there were job openings posted at factories and they (immigrants) were blamed for the depression.

They definitely weren't perfect but they were a lot more tolerant and open to things due to their experiences than you'd think.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

McCloud posted:

I literally have no idea how else to interpret that
He said he was laughing at "revisionist history" and no he will not explain what that means.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

thrawn527 posted:

Good for her. Hopefully this quiets some of the, “But why have none of the people who have worked with Whedon spoken out against him?” takes.

Just kidding, of course it won’t.
The first few replies blaming her for (a) getting pregnant and (b) not telling everyone immediately and (c) forcing Joss to “compromise” his artistic vision.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Was Elementary the one with Natalie Dormer as Moriarty?

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

DeimosRising posted:

More importantly she obliquely accuses whedon of creeping on her as a child in those posts
Yeah the "he did very bad things" part is unsettling.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

:yikes:

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Yeah that coupled with the “he did a very bad thing” is really disturbing.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

I remember reading the stuff that Carpenter put out about getting fired for getting pregnant and weird nerds defending Whedon with the usual “have you never had a boss before” and “I’d be upset too if someone ruined my story plans” comments.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

I wouldn’t be surprised if it was a case of cutting of your nose to spite your face. Sure, he could have done something interesting and cool with their pregnancies, or he could punish them.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Oasx posted:

The only other cast complaint that I heard was Nicholas Brendon complaining that Xander couldn't be buff.
I remember an interview with Brendon where he said that he quickly realized that Xander was based on Joss and his experience in high school.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

teagone posted:

Also gently caress anyone who doubted Ray Fisher and/or called him an attention-seeking diva who "should have been more clear" lmao. People like that are such trash.
There are lots of “Well now that the cast of Buffy is speaking out, maybe his claims have some merit” posts.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

There were lots of people defending his Wonder Woman script saying they didn’t understand the complaints and that it seemed like a funny and upbeat movie.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Detective No. 27 posted:

They found an inventive way to write around an actress's pregnancy on DS9 and that show was produced by Spermin' Rick Berman.
Same thing with Voyager. When Roxann Dawson got pregnant, they have her a slightly different uniform and had her standing behind tables and did a lot of mid waist and up shots. Ironically, a few seasons later one of the story lines was her getting pregnant.

well why not posted:

Brooklyn 99 managed a pregnant lead with blocking and shot selection. They also had a scene where she wore a “fake” belly. It’s not that big a deal to work around. They can make Tom Cruise look over 5”4.
I can only imagine the FX budget they needed to have Cruise and Cavill appear to be the same height in MI:Fallout.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Fisher literally just posted this.

https://twitter.com/ray8fisher/status/1364643265421664263?s=20

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

teagone posted:

Holy poo poo.
If it was anyone else I'd assume they were joking

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

2house2fly posted:

JJ Abrams movies make me think of a big friendly dog, so if nothing else I'll bet he'd make a crowd-pleaser Superman movie

lol

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1365361080046936074?s=20

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

This is the reply that people were dunking on and it also spawned a new copy/paste meme.

https://twitter.com/seven16/status/1365867749574995972?s=21

quote:

I have a degree in Film Directing, I've seen well over 3000 movies, and written 3 screenplays. I've studied Kurosawa, Kubrick, Tarantino, and Scorsese. I saw Wings when they remastered it in 2012 at the TCM Film Festival. I also studied Shakespeare. You don't know me at all.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Guy A. Person posted:

The line ain’t Shakespeare or even a prestige cable show level, but it’s fine, it’s sweet and it works

The hyperbole of the tweet is what’s hilarious. This wasn’t a person caught off guard who teared up at a memory of a loss, it’s someone who acted as if professional screenwriters everywhere would have their mind blown at a pretty simple line
Thats my take on it too. The line works for the situation and it’s nice. The reaction is to the guy saying it’s that greatest bit of dialogue he’s ever heard.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

They didn’t show his face because they couldn’t get Cavil for the shoot. He was originally supposed to be in it though.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Burkion posted:

Anyone who dares defend the Whedon Cut of justice League can go sit and spin

*gently caress OFF*
Is then when Victor is remembering how he was created? I vaguely recall something about that about how it was totally different then what we saw in BvS.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

I thought the ancient lamentation bit was cool because it emphasized her divine/mystical nature. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Spacebump posted:

Keaton was never confirmed for the Flash and is having doubts because of Covid. [url]https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.https://www.complex.com/pop-culture/michael-keaton-explains-undecided-reprising-batman-role-the-flash[/url]
I don't know if it's true or not, but I've read some stuff that says they've supposedly significantly reduced his role and that's why he waffling now because why both risking yourself for a bit role.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

I read a review that praised it as “this generation’s Lethal Weapon”.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Blood Boils posted:

Is Harley's threat over custom license plates a sign she's still obsessed with da joker? Cuz he would def have those

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Snowman_McK posted:

"I KICKED BURNING TERRORIST IN THE BALLS SO HARD I BROKE MY FOOT" remains one of the absolute best headlines.